Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dion waiters?

vCash

Dion waiters?

http://fansided.com/2014/02/05/nba-r...-trade/#!uxyBx

I don't want him. But if we do pull the trigger I would give up OJ Mayo or Gary Neal. And that's a very low ball offer.

vCash
    Milwaukee: The Bucks are definitely open for business. Almost anything outside of Giannis Antetokounmpo or John Henson is going to get consideration. The Bucks have been as active as almost anyone in gauging what’s out there. They haven’t really gotten to the offering point on anything, but it does seem like they are going to do something at the deadline. Point guard has been mentioned as a need the Bucks are trying to fill for the long-term and the Bucks could be one of the teams on the move for Dion Waiters; although there continues to be talk that the Milwaukee is steering clear of “bad attitude” players, which might red-flag Waiters. There has been talk all season that Houston has eyes for forward Ersan Ilyasova. His numbers on the season have been less than stellar and he is owed a ton of money. It’s unclear if the Bucks would take on one of Houston’s ugly “cash” contracts in order to get out from under Ilyasova but that’s the one to really watch. Milwaukee seems open for business, it remains to be seen how much of the current roster they’d sell
    Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...5zlz5AGLmIQ.99

vCash

vCash
    Depends what's left in the locker room after the trade to keep Waiters in line. But he is a headcase. Butler and Zaza might be able to keep him in line if not the locker room implodes some more. If we get him in a low ball offer he can always be dealt on draft night as well to move back into the first round. But don't see the point in going for SG Waiters when we have Knight,Mayo,Neal.

vCash
    We could take advantage of the Cavs. Cavs are doing what the Bucks use to be doing. Trade away young asset for win now trade for playoffs. If we don't part with any young players i'm for it. If it doesn't work last half of season deal him this summer.

vCash
    I think we would need a three or four team trade. Doubt the Cavs want our vets. I wouldn't part with our young guys either. Maybe Ersan to Rockets and Asik to Cavs and we get Waiters and some other salary filler? Or get the Kings involved or 76ers as well. All them having fire sale.

vCash
    I'm not opposed to waiters. I was high on him coming out (not quite 4th overall high but higher than most in here at least). Hard for me to label him or any one individual player in the Cleveland situation toxic. Everyone and everything is a mess there. I think that comes from the top. Not sure our locker room and leadership is much better, but I don't know that he's a terrible guy either.

For example, one of the reasons I heard he was unhappy is because the double standard that Kyrie got to do whatever he wanted and take horrible shots and basically be a bad teammate with no repercussions, then when he or anyone else took bad shots, they were immediately pulled and reprimanded. Not gonna lie, I'd get sick of working in an environment too.

vCash
    I think Waiters could be a head case and will a/effect the development of Giannis in a bad way. I'd lean against it, you've got your wing of the future.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    Don't know why we would ever want a guy who cannot even make it through an NBA practice w/o getting kicked out.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    If you read reports, no one ever really says why he was kicked out. Obviously its not good to get kicked out either way, but that whole Cleveland situation is utterly terrible. No leadership, no accountability, no consistency with any messages. It doesn't excuse childish behaviours, but it also doesnt' mean someone who isn't a fit there is a bad apple.

And he's not an awful player either. His per 36 stats are pretty solid and he can score the basketball. I wouldn't give up a ton for him, but if its expirings and some second rounders or something, I'd do it. If it takes Henson or future firsts or something, I'm not doing it.

My only real hesitation to be honest would be that the role he may be best suited for may also be the sixth man role, which is the role I ultimately would like Brandon Knight to embrace.

vCash
    If we trade Ersan to Houston...Who do you think we will get back in return?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Town Kickers:27940264
    Depends if it's a 2 or more team trade. Saying that I don't think there is a way to no who we would get back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If you read reports, no one ever really says why he was kicked out. Obviously its not good to get kicked out either way, but that whole Cleveland situation is utterly terrible. No leadership, no accountability, no consistency with any messages. It doesn't excuse childish behaviours, but it also doesnt' mean someone who isn't a fit there is a bad apple.

And he's not an awful player either. His per 36 stats are pretty solid and he can score the basketball. I wouldn't give up a ton for him, but if its expirings and some second rounders or something, I'd do it. If it takes Henson or future firsts or something, I'm not doing it.

My only real hesitation to be honest would be that the role he may be best suited for may also be the sixth man role, which is the role I ultimately would like Brandon Knight to embrace.

It's not even just the Cleveland **** though. Thats been around for years that Waiters is regarded as a terrible teammate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Town Kickers View Post
    IDK the whole thing kind of baffles me because you look at their roster and who is the expendable player? Asik.

Well problem is he isn't going to start in Milwaukee over Larry so why would he not complain about being here? Also, why the **** do we want that backloaded contract? Yeah it'll be nice coming off the books but I think he's due like 12 or 13 mill. Thats crazy for Omar Asik.

I'd rather get a piece for the future from them. Even like a Garcia and a pick or something. Shooters are always nice.

vCash
    Asik has the poison pill contract. He's on the books for like $8M next year but gets paid actually $15M. I always liked Garcia back with the Kings a few years back. He's like 6'7" sg. Rockets are shopping Asik. Lin was shopped early on. Then they mentioned Montiejunas on the block. Then lately Garcia on the block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast