Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    2,987
    vCash
    1500

    NFL Mock- Tennessee Titans

    I am participating in the NFL Mock Offseason Game on PSD and am currently the GM of our Titans. So far I have made a few moves, I want to know what you guys think of them and also keep in mind our current personnel.

    Trade #1-

    Tennessee Sends
    Kam Wimbley
    7th Round Pick

    Denver Sends
    4th Round Pick

    Trade #2-

    Tennessee Sends
    Karl Klug
    Nate Washington
    6th round pick


    Cap Before: 122,411,604
    Cap After: 124,966,604


    patriots send:

    Vince Wilfork

    Trade #3-

    49ers get:
    Chris Johnson: 8,000,000
    Zach Brown: 740,754


    Titans get:
    2014 1st round pick
    Ahmad Brooks: 6,000,000

    Transaction #1-

    Franchise Tag Alterraun Verner


    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    2,987
    vCash
    1500
    Full Team at the moment

    Offense
    QB- Jake Locker/Ryan Fitzpatrick/Tyler Wilson
    RB- Shonn Green
    FB- Quinn Johnson/Collin Mooney
    WR- Kendall Wright/Justin Hunter/Michael Preston
    TE- Delanie Walker/Taylor Thompson/Craig Stevens
    LT- Michael Roos
    LG- Andy Levitre
    C- Brian Schwenke
    RG- Chance Warmack
    RT- David Stewart/Byron Stingly

    Defense
    LDE- Derrick Morgan
    LDT- Vince Wilfork
    RDT- Jurrell Casey/Mike Martin
    RDE- Lavarr Edwards
    WLB- Ahmad Brooks
    MLB- Colin McCarthy
    SAM- Akeem Ayers/Zavier Gooden
    LCB- Jason McCourty/Tommie Campbell/Blidi Wreh-Wilson
    SS- George Wilson
    FS- Michael Griffin/Damon Stafford
    RCB- Alterraun Verner/Coty Sensabaugh/Micah Pellerin/Khalid Wooten

    Special Teams
    K- Rob Bironas
    P- Brett Kern
    LS- Beau Brinkley
    Last edited by killthesux; 02-06-2014 at 12:06 AM.


    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    I am participating in the NFL Mock Offseason Game on PSD and am currently the GM of our Titans. So far I have made a few moves, I want to know what you guys think of them and also keep in mind our current personnel.

    Trade #1-

    Tennessee Sends
    Kam Wimbley
    7th Round Pick

    Denver Sends
    4th Round Pick

    Trade #2-

    Tennessee Sends
    Karl Klug
    Nate Washington
    6th round pick


    Cap Before: 122,411,604
    Cap After: 124,966,604


    patriots send:

    Vince Wilfork

    Trade #3-

    49ers get:
    Chris Johnson: 8,000,000
    Zach Brown: 740,754


    Titans get:
    2014 1st round pick
    Ahmad Brooks: 6,000,000

    Transaction #1-

    Franchise Tag Alterraun Verner
    Who would make any of those flawed trades? Denver's not moving back 3 rounds for an overpaid poor mans von miller playing at a mediocre level, why would we obtain an aging Wilfork who is coming off a very serious injury and no chance any team gives us a 1st for Chris Johnson, much less a championship contender with a better player at the position already. Smh.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    2,987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    Who would make any of those flawed trades? Denver's not moving back 3 rounds for an overpaid poor mans von miller playing at a mediocre level, why would we obtain an aging Wilfork who is coming off a very serious injury and no chance any team gives us a 1st for Chris Johnson, much less a championship contender with a better player at the position already. Smh.
    I dont think you understand, Its not a game where your predict what is going to happen, Its a game where you do what you can with what you got and try to win, note other people have other teams im not the only one doing this


    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    2,987
    vCash
    1500
    Trade #4-

    Jets Receive:
    Jason McCourty - $6,500,000 ($1,800,000 SB)
    David Stewart - $6,400,000


    Titans Receive:
    Antonio Cromartie - $13,730,000 ($1,250,000 SB)
    Jets 2nd Round Pick


    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    1500
    Trade #1-

    Tennessee Sends
    Kam Wimbley
    6th Round Pick
    REST OF TRADE NO

    Denver Sends
    4th Round Pick LIKE!!!!!

    LIKE TO TRADE 1ST RD PICK
    TO HOUSTON FOUR 2RD AN 4TH ROUND PICK
    DRAFT:
    Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    Tre Mason, RB, Auburn
    Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
    FS Kenny Ladler Vanderbilt
    Lamin Barrow ,ILB LSU
    Stephen Morris, QB Miami Fla.
    Shaq Evans, WR UCLA

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    1500
    Nate Washington we need to keep if Chris Johnson is gone.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    2,987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinschamps View Post
    Trade #1-

    Tennessee Sends
    Kam Wimbley
    6th Round Pick
    REST OF TRADE NO

    Denver Sends
    4th Round Pick LIKE!!!!!

    LIKE TO TRADE 1ST RD PICK
    TO HOUSTON FOUR 2RD AN 4TH ROUND PICK
    DRAFT:
    Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    Tre Mason, RB, Auburn
    Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
    FS Kenny Ladler Vanderbilt
    Lamin Barrow ,ILB LSU
    Stephen Morris, QB Miami Fla.
    Shaq Evans, WR UCLA
    Only if you knew that these are not predictions this is for a game on PSD


    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    359
    vCash
    1500
    2014 offseason wish list

    1. Release Chris Johnson; He simply isn't the same player he was when he was nicknamed CJ2K and does not produce at a level equal to his salary. He has also been on record refusing the option of a pay cut.

    2. Sign DL BJ Raji and OLB Anthony Spencer; Raji is a very solid DL who can play either NT or DE and could bring championship experience with him and Spencer is entering this offseason drastically under ranked as an edge rusher. Lining Spencer and Ayers up outside could be a very talented duo.

    3. Commit to Jake Locker for 2014; Locker is a very hard worker who simply has not remained healthy but has improved when healthy. Let's allow him one final year to prove himself to the NFL and to himself.

    4. Trade Casey and a 2014 second round pick to St Louis for the #2 pick in this upcoming draft. With our two first round picks, select QB Teddy Bridgewater and OT Jake Matthews. While Casey is an outstanding player, I have serious concerns with Casey playing in a 3-4 and believe he is best suited to play in a 4-3. In our first round picks, we will obtain a potential franchise quarterback who will sit his entire rookie season and be allowed sufficient time to adapt to the game as well as arguably the most polished OT who can step in immediately to start at RT this season and slide over as early as next season.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    22,985
    vCash
    2502
    Dude, if you added Wilfork and Brooks, you should totally switch to a 3-4 with Casey and Morgan as your DEs and Ayers as one of your OLBs. I'd use your first round pick on your other OLB, take a QB in the second round to be your QB of the future and try to use whatever cap space you have to beef up your offense. But I liked some of those moves, especially getting Wilfork.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Dude, if you added Wilfork and Brooks, you should totally switch to a 3-4 with Casey and Morgan as your DEs and Ayers as one of your OLBs. I'd use your first round pick on your other OLB, take a QB in the second round to be your QB of the future and try to use whatever cap space you have to beef up your offense. But I liked some of those moves, especially getting Wilfork.
    I'm just not seeing the positives outweighing the negatives with Wilfork. Yes he was a pro bowl player but he is 32 years old, coming off a serious injury and carrying an 11 million dollar cap hit. With all that into consideration, I just think we could find a solid, younger option in the draft and spend the 11 million elsewhere to improve the team. But as I have said, none of the mentioned deals would actually occur in the NFL.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    2,987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Dude, if you added Wilfork and Brooks, you should totally switch to a 3-4 with Casey and Morgan as your DEs and Ayers as one of your OLBs. I'd use your first round pick on your other OLB, take a QB in the second round to be your QB of the future and try to use whatever cap space you have to beef up your offense. But I liked some of those moves, especially getting Wilfork.
    Ive made a couple more trades,

    Bears Give-
    DE - Julius Peppers
    Bears 2nd Round Selections

    Titans give:

    DE - Derrick Morgan
    LB - Akeem Ayers
    FS - Michael Griffin

    Titans Send
    Kendall Wright
    Alterraun Verner
    Jake Locker
    Vince Wilfork
    George Wilson

    Titans Receive
    Nick Foles
    Desean Jackson
    Round 1 Pick 22

    I know I probably gave up a lot for Foles and DJax, but in this game its almost impossible to win with Locker, I also have like 6 or 7 picks in the first two rounds with like $25M in cap space


    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    22,985
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    I'm just not seeing the positives outweighing the negatives with Wilfork. Yes he was a pro bowl player but he is 32 years old, coming off a serious injury and carrying an 11 million dollar cap hit. With all that into consideration, I just think we could find a solid, younger option in the draft and spend the 11 million elsewhere to improve the team. But as I have said, none of the mentioned deals would actually occur in the NFL.
    It doesn't really work that way. In PSD games like this, you want as many veterans and name value guys on your team as possible. PSD games are no way a representation of how an actual offseason would go. GMs will give mediocre players huge contracts just to have name value guys or to outspend someone else just because they have cap space.

    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Ive made a couple more trades,

    Bears Give-
    DE - Julius Peppers
    Bears 2nd Round Selections

    Titans give:

    DE - Derrick Morgan
    LB - Akeem Ayers
    FS - Michael Griffin
    I'm not crazy about this deal at all. You gave up three defensive starters for one over-the-hill pass rusher who probably isn't better than Morgan anymore and two draft picks. Not great.

    Titans Send
    Kendall Wright
    Alterraun Verner
    Jake Locker
    Vince Wilfork
    George Wilson

    Titans Receive
    Nick Foles
    Desean Jackson
    Round 1 Pick 22

    I know I probably gave up a lot for Foles and DJax, but in this game its almost impossible to win with Locker, I also have like 6 or 7 picks in the first two rounds with like $25M in cap space
    I at least understand why you did this deal compared to the first one. But you aren't going to win with Nick Foles, either. And you gave up five starting-caliber players for the price of two. In two trades, you essentially dumped eight starters for three guys and draft picks. Your defense is going to be substantially worse than it was before, and I don't really think it was worth it for the mild upgrade you've seen on the offensive side of the ball. You now have at least 5 massive holes on defense (CB, FS, DE, DT, OLB) and you'll probably have to fill those holes through free agency or the draft.

    If you're having to fill a ton of holes on your roster through the draft and you don't have many superstars on your roster, you're screwed. I think you could have done worse, but I also think you could have done a lot better.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    1500
    trade Casey, Chris Johnson and a 2014 1st round pick to St Louis for the #2 pick in this upcoming draft an their second round pick an 4th round.
    Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
    Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    A.J. McCarron,Alabama QB
    Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    FS Kenny Ladler Vanderbilt
    Lamin Barrow ,ILB LSU
    Shaq Evans, WR UCLA

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinschamps View Post
    trade Casey, Chris Johnson and a 2014 1st round pick to St Louis for the #2 pick in this upcoming draft an their second round pick an 4th round.
    Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
    Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    A.J. McCarron,Alabama QB
    Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    FS Kenny Ladler Vanderbilt
    Lamin Barrow ,ILB LSU
    Shaq Evans, WR UCLA
    I think you may be able to get #2 pick for Casey and a 2014 second round pick alone. Adding Johnson could net us a possible third round pick this year or next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •