Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFC vs AFC?

vCash

NFC vs AFC?

As we all know the NFL can do whatever they want. We can have the Dallas Texans, Houston Texans, Kansas City Cowboys, Dallas Cowboys or the Kansas City Chiefs who were the Dallas Texans. We can take Cleveland, Baltimore and Pittsburgh out of the NFC (to be) and stick them in the AFC (to be). People forget the Seahawks were once in the AFC. If I went on with all the movement and the realinement of divisions I'd have a small book. How about...

Tonawanda Kardex
    Evansville Crimson Giants
    Racine Legion
    Oorang Indians

People forget the Chargers started off in Los Angeles. Where's the Houston Oilers? Hell, the New York Jets started off as the Titans. As we know todays Titans are the old Oilers I just mentioned....haha!!!!!!!

Why are we stuck with the NFC vs AFC? So many years (this one no different) the best two teams play in one of the Championship games. That needs to stop. I'm all for having a system where any two teams can meet in a Superbowl. Right now out of 32 teams only half can meet up in the biggie. I don't like that.

Thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While here.

We hear a lot about the speed of Percy Harvin, ok just how fast is he? Well as a high schooler who knew all along football not track would be his thing he ran a 10.43 100m. That's about what American record holder Tyson Gay ran at 17. It's pretty obvious if track had been his thing instead he's in the NCAA mix. Safe to say he's among the top 5/6 in the league when it comes to sprint speed.
    Last edited by CCRider; 02-05-2014 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    No....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    No....
    So you never wanna see Broncos vs Steelers, Packers vs Niners, Niners vs Seahawks, Pats vs Chiefs....in a Superbowl?

Imagine back in the 70;s....Raiders vs Steelers...in the Superbowl. Niners vs Cowboys in a Superbowl.

vCash
    I hate this idea and I hate this thread, but I'm so bored I'll play along. I'm so bored that I've even made a map, which can be seen here: (NOTE: I made an error by accidentally putting 7 teams in the WFC and 9 in the EFC; I corrected this by moving HOU to WFC and WAS to SFC)

http://tinypic.com/r/16h6w3m/8

Not having conferences is stupid, it takes a lot of fun out of the league. You wouldn't have the conference rivalries (which usually develop from post-season games). It'd also shake up divisions, which are also fun and also have some awesome rivalries.

The only possible thing I could think of would be to have 4 conferences. This would put 4 conferences with 2 divisions each with 4 teams per division. NFC (Northern Football Conference), WFC, SFC, EFC would be the conferences. From there you could have divisions as NFC North/South, WFC East/West, or whatever.

NFC North teams: Packers, Vikings, Browns, Lions.
    NFC South teams: Chiefs, Rams, Bears, Colts

EFC East teams: Pats, Eagles, Jets, Giants
    EFC West teams: Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Bills

SFC North teams: Titans, Redskins, Panthers, Falcons
    SFC South teams: Saints, Bucs, Jags, Phins

WFC North: Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos, Raiders
    WFC South: Chargers, Cardinals, Cowboys, Texans

With this you could keep the same format of division winners getting an auto-playoff spot and then do one WC per conference. The teams will be broken into a 4-way bracket, determined by the four conference leaders: #1 conference leader's bracket plays #4 conference leader's bracket, and #2 and #3 play. This means any conference can start off against any conference. The Wildcard round will feature the #2 seed vs the WC team in each conference (#1 seed receives bye). The winner of that round will move into the remaining bracket. From here the Conference #1 seed will play the winner of the WC round from the opposing conference (So conference #1's #1 seed will play Conference #4's #2 or WC seed). From here it's just a simple bracket until the SB rolls around.

Since this seems confusing, I've also made another illustration (with my beautiful handwriting) showing the brackets, and the seeding. I complete just guessed at how I thought it would play out based on this season. Obviously my Panthers go to the SB (while beating the Eagles, suck it Bdawk ). Oddly enough, DEN ends up not making playoffs lol.

Seeding (note: WFC is #1, SFC#2, EFC#3, NFC#4):
    http://tinypic.com/r/17wjfc/8

Bracket:
    http://tinypic.com/r/2rxwcpz/8

In conclusion: I have no life, I just spent like half an hour making this new NFL and it sucks. But hey, at least the divisions are fairly even, so we don't have the NFC East teams flying across the country to get to DAL, or the AFC South teams flying up north to Indi. Unfortunately there's a cluster of teams in the northeast US and the mid-west, so a few teams are screwed anyway, but it's still better distance-wise than the current divisions.

~~~~~~~

Obligatory, "Trackspeed,... ok?"

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

5. 02-05-2014, 11:48 PM
    Reason
    disruptive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I hate this idea and I hate this thread, but I'm so bored I'll play along. I'm so bored that I've even made a map, which can be seen here: (NOTE: I made an error by accidentally putting 7 teams in the WFC and 9 in the EFC; I corrected this by moving HOU to WFC and WAS to SFC)

http://tinypic.com/r/16h6w3m/8

Not having conferences is stupid, it takes a lot of fun out of the league. You wouldn't have the conference rivalries (which usually develop from post-season games). It'd also shake up divisions, which are also fun and also have some awesome rivalries.

The only possible thing I could think of would be to have 4 conferences. This would put 4 conferences with 2 divisions each with 4 teams per division. NFC (Northern Football Conference), WFC, SFC, EFC would be the conferences. From there you could have divisions as NFC North/South, WFC East/West, or whatever.

NFC North teams: Packers, Vikings, Browns, Lions.
    NFC South teams: Chiefs, Rams, Bears, Colts

EFC East teams: Pats, Eagles, Jets, Giants
    EFC West teams: Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Bills

SFC North teams: Titans, Redskins, Panthers, Falcons
    SFC South teams: Saints, Bucs, Jags, Phins

WFC North: Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos, Raiders
    WFC South: Chargers, Cardinals, Cowboys, Texans

With this you could keep the same format of division winners getting an auto-playoff spot and then do one WC per conference. The teams will be broken into a 4-way bracket, determined by the four conference leaders: #1 conference leader's bracket plays #4 conference leader's bracket, and #2 and #3 play. This means any conference can start off against any conference. The Wildcard round will feature the #2 seed vs the WC team in each conference (#1 seed receives bye). The winner of that round will move into the remaining bracket. From here the Conference #1 seed will play the winner of the WC round from the opposing conference (So conference #1's #1 seed will play Conference #4's #2 or WC seed). From here it's just a simple bracket until the SB rolls around.

Since this seems confusing, I've also made another illustration (with my beautiful handwriting) showing the brackets, and the seeding. I complete just guessed at how I thought it would play out based on this season. Obviously my Panthers go to the SB (while beating the Eagles, suck it Bdawk ). Oddly enough, DEN ends up not making playoffs lol.

Seeding (note: WFC is #1, SFC#2, EFC#3, NFC#4):
    http://tinypic.com/r/17wjfc/8

Bracket:
    http://tinypic.com/r/2rxwcpz/8

In conclusion: I have no life, I just spent like half an hour making this new NFL and it sucks. But hey, at least the divisions are fairly even, so we don't have the NFC East teams flying across the country to get to DAL, or the AFC South teams flying up north to Indi. Unfortunately there's a cluster of teams in the northeast US and the mid-west, so a few teams are screwed anyway, but it's still better distance-wise than the current divisions.

~~~~~~~

Obligatory, "Trackspeed,... ok?"
    w00t chargers win their Div every year!

Nice thoughts manbear.

vCash
    Go make a thread about ziggy, He was a track guy too....ok?

Off-season Sucks

8. 02-06-2014, 12:14 AM
    Reason
    disruptive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    So you never wanna see Broncos vs Steelers, Packers vs Niners, Niners vs Seahawks, Pats vs Chiefs....in a Superbowl?

Imagine back in the 70;s....Raiders vs Steelers...in the Superbowl. Niners vs Cowboys in a Superbowl.
    That is why there is a conference championship game.

10. 02-06-2014, 12:41 AM
    Reason
    disruptive

vCash
    Who will be playing the half time show at those conference Championship games? Who cares bout those commercials? Letterman doesn't care who wins those games. The Superbowl a whole other level.
    Why any of that is relevant is beyond me, I thought we were talking about quality match ups. Its not like we as fans don't get to see 3 great match ups every year between the CCG's and the SB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Why any of that is relevant is beyond me, I thought we were talking about quality match ups. Its not like we as fans don't get to see 3 great match ups every year between the CCG's and the SB.
    Remember when it was real obvious the Colts and the Pats were the two best teams in the league? I think a lot of people thought the Niners and Seahawks were the best this season, yet because of the current system we never get to see that SB matchup. I think that's wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    It never is bro, CC when losing a point will go to Kenyan track stars who should be QB's in the NFL ... sigh ...

14. 02-06-2014, 12:57 AM
    Reason
    disruptive

15. 02-06-2014, 01:02 AM
    Reason
    Baiting - CT

16. 02-06-2014, 01:08 AM
    Reason
    Baiting - CT

vCash
    Bait.....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Dude aren't we a little old to be playing that junior high crap? I thought you were a grown man so not looking to be...baited..hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously doubt you could name 4 Jamaica sprinters. Or any from Nigeria.
    You a rep for Google now?

That's all it takes ...

18. 02-06-2014, 01:22 AM
    Reason
    Baiting - CT

vCash
    Trindon Holliday is the fastest guy in the league. (At least that's what I have read) he is just too small to be very effective. If he can hit the crease he is gone. He doesn't need a huge hole tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Trindon Holliday is the fastest guy in the league. (At least that's what I have read) he is just too small to be very effective. If he can hit the crease he is gone. He doesn't need a huge hole tho.
    Trindon Holliday's 10.00 100m is the fastest time ever ran by any NFLer. And I disagree about him not being effective, he does a great job on kickoff returns. He does suck as a punt returner, there it;'s more about wiggle than speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider:27931587
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Trindon Holliday's 10.00 100m is the fastest time ever ran by any NFLer. And I disagree about him not being effective, he does a great job on kickoff returns. He does suck as a punt returner, there it;'s more about wiggle than speed.
    He is fast, but fumbles all the time. Haven't looked recently, but something like 9 fumbles in the last 16 gms. And doesn't play other than ST. Usain Bolt would likely fail, shocker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    He is fast, but fumbles all the time. Haven't looked recently, but something like 9 fumbles in the last 16 gms. And doesn't play other than ST. Usain Bolt would likely fail, shocker.
    Wow. I knew he had problems but that is terrible.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

23. 02-06-2014, 09:04 AM
    Reason
    Post Padding

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast