Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Teams that draft well without spending on big names?

When you look at the league what teams draft well consistently and just win. I can't say the colts, but just luck pretty much. This years draft for us, not so good. I was thinking Green Bay, and Carolina. Yours?

vCash
    As a Panther fan, I'll definitely say we're probably among the least-likely to sign big FAs. We're finally starting to draft a lot better, but we've mostly only been good for drafting well in round 1. The only 1st round pick in the last 13 or so years that I would say was a miss would be OT Jeff Otah, but he was a stud before he decided he wanted to be fat and worthless. Sadly, if you look at a lot of our old GM (Hurney)'s drafts, you'll see that we rarely would hit on more than one pick. Cam is the only remaining player from our 2011 draft (which is sad since it was only a few years ago). Our new GM's first draft seems like he has hit on at least 3 players (though its obviously early) and two look like they could develop into something. Hurney always managed to do stupid **** in drafts like 2010, where we drafted Jimmy Clausen with our 2nd round pick while not having a 1st, then traded our 2011 2nd rounder to take QB Armanti Edwards in round 3, then drafted Tony Pike in round 6, all while he insisted we were committed to Matt Moore; why he thought drafting 3 QBs was a good idea, I'll never know, especially when he tried converting the best of the three into a WR.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    The Chargers only draft, sign FA's/ UDFA's IF they have a history of injury ... sigh ...
    Last edited by chargerSD; 02-05-2014 at 11:39 PM.

vCash

Teams that draft well without spending on big names?

Patriots? How many big name signings do they sign? Tons of undrafted guys as well.

vCash
    Steelers...
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    We aren't going to sign any big names. Just try and keep some of our own FA, hope for some young development and draft with a small vet signing here n there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    We aren't going to sign any big names. Just try and keep some of our own FA, hope for some young development and draft with a small vet signing here n there.
    Injuries aside (I know that's a tough one) ... the Pats/ Chargers; it always seems almost a crime to me to have a great franchise QB ... only for him to have few to no weapons at his disposal to work with ... sigh ...

vCash
    Ravens come to mind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy:27930890
    Patriots? How many big name signings do they sign? Tons of undrafted guys as well.
    This is true. I think Seattle is right up there too.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Bottom line is every team makes more signings than the Steelers. Our huge haul last year was Guy Whimper.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    steelers
    ravens
    pats
    packers
    san fran
    giants

............o and not washington
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Bottom line is every team makes more signings than the Steelers. Our huge haul last year was Guy Whimper.
    green bay disagrees
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Matt Flynn is the only FA we've signed since Charles Woodson that has had any impact on our team.
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Matt Flynn is the only FA we've signed since Charles Woodson that has had any impact on our team.
    James Farrior, then Jerricho Cotchery
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Seriously though, last year we had I think 3 players on our team not drafted by Ted Thompson.

Ryan Pickett who we got in 2006
    John Kuhn who we got in 2007

And I can't think of anyone else.
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast