Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Ten Year Contract: Who would you take?

If you were an expansion team and you were allowed to sign any single player in the league to a ten year contract to build your team around, who would you take?

Obvious choices are LBJ and KD, but LBJ is 29 and KD is 25. KD may still be in his prime in 10 years, but LBJ may not be (that' would put him at 39 years old in the last year of the contract).

K-Love and Steph Curry, like Durant, is 25.

Some younger guys to consider: Anthony Davis (he's only 20), Paul George (23) DMC (23) Kyrie (21) Blake Griffin (24) and John Wall (23) Andre Drummond (20) and Mike James (38 years old, but I don't see him slowing down any time soon).

So who would pick?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Anthony Davis

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Durant, just because he is younger than LBJ

vCash
    Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Davis
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Anthony Davis
    This. Although it would be horrible if he suffers a career ending injury(s) like Hill, Penny or soon Rose. Than that contract hurts your team for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    This. Although it would be horrible if he suffers a career ending injury(s) like Hill, Penny or soon Rose. Than that contract hurts your team for a long time.
    well duh. But if there is anyone in the league that I would feel comfortable giving a 10 year deal to, its a 21 year old who dominates on both ends. Davis doesn't even have a refined offensive game yet, and he averages 20 a night on elite efficiency. Wtf is he going to be in 4 years?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Anthony Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well duh. But if there is anyone in the league that I would feel comfortable giving a 10 year deal to, its a 21 year old who dominates on both ends. Davis doesn't even have a refined offensive game yet, and he averages 20 a night on elite efficiency. Wtf is he going to be in 4 years?
    It's scary to even imagine.

vCash
    It's scary to even imagine.
    obviously what you said holds weight though. Which is why I am happy with the new CBA contract lengths. Every team has had an albatross contract because some dude couldn't stay healthy.

But yeah, he is so easily the answer to this. I can see an argument for Durant, only because being 7' with 40 foot long arms and a great shooter never die, but Davis is the answer.

vCash
    That can be said about anyone tho

vCash
    If I know my created team has talent and can be in contention within the first couple years I take Durant. If it is a situation where the team doesn't have much talent to start I go Davis.

So for an expansion team I would likely go Davis.

vCash
    Not gonna argue with anyone who picks Davis but give me Durant. Any other choice is... well terrible.

vCash
    Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Not gonna argue with anyone who picks Davis but give me Durant. Any other choice is... well terrible.
    Damian Lillard? 0_0

vCash
    KD then Davis (but it's very close) then George. After that I really don't know. Maybe Drummond and Harden? There might be no other players whose upside is high enough and risk of downside low enough to lock in 10 years (I'm assuming the point is that it's a max contract). Maybe at that point I'd go with LBJ with the plan of winning in his prime and hoping he can become a full-time PF when the athleticism starts to go.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast