Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Phoenix Suns @ Houston Rockets

This is a big one tonight. Not only are they playing a tough team that's beaten them once already this year, but other teams ahead of Houston are playing tough games. Houston could gain some ground with a win tonight, and they've got a lot of winnable games coming up on their schedule. If they want to end up with a top 3 seed, a win tonight would certainly be a step in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Motiejunas has played better as of late, but he's definitely not showing it tonight. The second he stepped on the floor for Jones, the Rockets have been a worse basketball team. He's made several mistakes and the Rockets' 12-point lead has quickly become a 6-point lead.

Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    That was a bad finish to what was almost a great first quarter. The Rockets were not getting back on defense in transition toward the end of the quarter, and Phoenix got WAY too many easy baskets. Also, D-Mo has just been horrible. In four minutes, the guy has posted a -7, with 0-2 from the floor, a TO and a foul. But the Rockets proved they can get easy points inside, and they need to keep going underneath to Dwight and Jones.

vCash
    Jesus ****ing christ..... Their defense over the last 10 minutes has been abysmal. I don't know what Asik has to do to get healthy, but he needs to do it. The bench's defense is absolutely pitiful to watch, and they look completely clueless right now whenever Dwight is off the floor. I want to punch something in the face.

vCash
    The Rockets are getting into a bad habit of letting the Suns climb back in with mini-runs at the end of quarters. They built a solid double-digit lead, and sure enough, some half-*** defense lets Phoenix climb back.

Where the hell are you guys tonight? This is a big game, and I'm the only Rockets fan in here?

vCash
    Well.... I guess I'm the only guy in here tonight, but I guess I'll keep talking to myself. They played huge in the fourth quarter and Dwight had a monster game. You could look at the free throw shooting or the 3-point line, but the real story of the game was the starters versus the bench. Every Rockets starter had a double-digit +- in this game, while they were substantially worse against the Suns starters when Motiejunas, Casspi and Lin were on the floor. Lin redeemed himself with a big play or two in the fourth quarter, but D-Mo and Casspi were especially horrid.

Dwight was a monster tonight, though, and deserves a lot of the credit for the win. No matter who Phoenix put on him, he absolutely abused their defense and even killed it at the line. He even shot 5/6 in Hack a Dwight situations. It's nice to know that when Houston goes up against a team like Phoenix that lacks any semblance of post defense, he can be relied on to take over and dominate.

Unfortunately the Spurs came back, and it certainly looks like the Blazers are going to hold on against New York. But the Rockets could still gain a game on the Clippers if they fall to Miami tonight. And Houston has some pretty winnable games coming up in their next four, so hopefully they can put a dent in the top four teams in the West.

vCash
    I missed tonight's game but it looks like it was a solid win. The rockets can put on a little run here and put some games between them and Golden State. Also it looks like asik will start full training over the next two weeks and will be back this month which will help the bench

vCash
    Great showing by Dwight tonight. Everyone else was either ok or blah except for Harden but even he seemed to do just enough and nothing more.

I love how DMo finally hit a shot and they called a foul and he looked at the official like he's the one who fouled. He looked utterly surprised. Asik needs to come back and wether this injury is really that bad or his feelings have obstructed him from being 100%, the Rockets need him on the floor. Greg Smith too, to a lesser extent.

vCash
    Can I just say I love the hack-a-Howard thing? It just don't work. Dwight's been awesome as of late. When he and Harden were in the floor, the Rockets dominated.

And how about Jones? Good performances have been so common, we don't even talk about his improvement anymore. 19 and 9 to go with 3 blocks. Last 10 games, he's averaging 18 and 8. Those are Paul Millsap numbers.

The Rockets are now tied with the Clippers, and with 4 straight wins they're 3 and a half game behind Portland. Actually closer to the third place than the sixth.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Can I just say I love the hack-a-Howard thing? It just don't work. Dwight's been awesome as of late. When he and Harden were in the floor, the Rockets dominated.

And how about Jones? Good performances have been so common, we don't even talk about his improvement anymore. 19 and 9 to go with 3 blocks. Last 10 games, he's averaging 18 and 8. Those are Paul Millsap numbers.

The Rockets are now tied with the Clippers, and with 4 straight wins they're 3 and a half game behind Portland. Actually closer to the third place than the sixth.
    Wouldn't we still be the 5 seed even if we finish with a better record than the Clippers since they would be division winners? If this happens at the end of the regular season who would get home court advantage in a first round matchup?

vCash
    The Rockets are a scary scary team, and still have young players that are improving, as well as potential trade assets along with potential cap space by at least 2015. I cannot wait to see what Morey does in a couple weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    Wouldn't we still be the 5 seed even if we finish with a better record than the Clippers since they would be division winners? If this happens at the end of the regular season who would get home court advantage in a first round matchup?
    Yes. As of now, even if we had a better record than the Clips, we would still be 5th, but we would have HCA, if I'm not wrong. This happened with us a while back, we finished better than Utah, but they won the division, we, however, still had HCA. But we dropped the first two games at home, without Yao.

My point is, if we finish third, or even better second, we avoid an OKC matchup in the second round, if we get there of course.

vCash
    Yes, as of right now we are the 5th seed but would have HCA over the Clippers, similar situation when the Rockets played the Blazers a few years ago when we got out of the first round.

vCash
    Actually not right now, because the two teams are tied, and they beat us twice in two games this season, so they actually have a better record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    Yes, as of right now we are the 5th seed but would have HCA over the Clippers, similar situation when the Rockets played the Blazers a few years ago when we got out of the first round.
    That year we played the Blazers in the 1st round and beat them they had the HCA. We took game 1 in Portland and then the home team won every other game from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast