Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Veldheer bothered by pace of contract talks

Valdheer not happy.
    “It’s tough when that kind of stuff happens, because it goes against everything that’s been said about being a cornerstone of the team that (they’re) going to build around,” Veldheer said. “It doesn’t back up those words with the right action.”

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    No big deal. Contract talks always start out this way.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Oh... good...

Nothing but good news out of Oakland these days, I guess. Just another bizarre twist for the franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    No big deal. Contract talks always start out this way.
    Tell that to Valdheer bet he disagrees.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    He's a good, but not great player. Given that the draft has not one, but two potential franchise left tackles that could both be available to us at #5, I think we shouldn't give away the farm. That being said, I expect that a deal gets done. Who knows what's holding things up? Could be length of deal or structuring of signing bonus. If this is still the case a month from now, I'll get excited. It's over a month until free agency.

vCash
    That's because or front office personnel are morons! He's a very good home grown player who wants to be a Raider..WANTS!!!! yet they're sitting back and letting the guy begin to wonder wtf!

Guys I'm optimistic, but these guys aren't moving at the pace they should be. Like the hire of the defensive backs coaches who come from like a 31st rank pass defense! Awesome, lets hire the 31st pass rank defensive backs coaches to take our team to the next level!

Pure genius!
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Reggie's already stated that he didn't want to use the franchise tag on anyone unless it was absolutley necessary. It's a mutual feeling from both parties, RM wants to keep JV around for a while and JV's already said he'd love to be a carrer Raider so....

In a few weeks this will all be over with. patients is a virtue.
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 02-06-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In Their Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Something I've been trying to express to the forum for the last two years as well...there is nothing happening in Oakland that will enamor a player with the idea of being a Raider. Many in here have stated that with the avaible cap space all RM has to do is snap his fingers and players will come...no...that's not the case. Players want to win, if winning seems a distant goal, then they will placate themselves with the idea they are getting paid.
    Its one or the other boys,and that is the bottom line.Veldheer and Houston will want, if not demand top 5 money.Neither is worth it,but the Loss of both only deepens the dearth of talent and need to spend in the FA market.

This is one reason we didn't have two seasons to bemoan past mistakes and sit on our laurels waiting out bad contracts.You cant tell me that there was no one,and no money to identify a player or two the pasty two years to moveus forward.RM fan is in for a rude awakening as the next year plays out...
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    That's because or front office personnel are morons! He's a very good home grown player who wants to be a Raider..WANTS!!!! yet they're sitting back and letting the guy begin to wonder wtf!

Guys I'm optimistic, but these guys aren't moving at the pace they should be. Like the hire of the defensive backs coaches who come from like a 31st rank pass defense! Awesome, lets hire the 31st pass rank defensive backs coaches to take our team to the next level!

Pure genius!
    Yes............because the defensive backs coach was available right! Who would you have hired and why the urgency to sign a guy to a long term contract when we can put a tag on him for next year....see what he does and then sign him to a contract, remember we want to steer away from the way the elder Davis did things....on the fly!

vCash
    RM's top busy wasting time on Lamarr Houston. No use wasting time on an overrated guy. Veldheer should be locked up as soon as possible and he should be the highest paid player on the team. He will be a top 5 tackle next year once he's completely healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Yes............because the defensive backs coach was available right! Who would you have hired and why the urgency to sign a guy to a long term contract when we can put a tag on him for next year....see what he does and then sign him to a contract, remember we want to steer away from the way the elder Davis did things....on the fly!
    Do you know how much of a salary cap hit a franchise tag is? It would be almost 10 million. He's already shown that he's a capable player so he should be resigned to a long term contract.
    Last edited by oak18; 02-05-2014 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    You mean this is how negotiating works?...and here I thought als way of paying double what players are worth was the way to go...hmmm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    He's a good, but not great player. Given that the draft has not one, but two potential franchise left tackles that could both be available to us at #5, I think we shouldn't give away the farm. That being said, I expect that a deal gets done. Who knows what's holding things up? Could be length of deal or structuring of signing bonus. If this is still the case a month from now, I'll get excited. It's over a month until free agency.
    Thank you .. I never spoke up about him. He is ok but I zeroed in on him at times and he didn't impress. A lot of good reports on him but I agree... Don't give up the farm... Sort of like why I think some fell in love with Mcgloin... First sign of some production and he is the next ball of famer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    That and this is a pretty deep free agent class. I would love to bring him back, but at the right price, over paying players is why this team suffered for the last 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    You mean this is how negotiating works?...and here I thought als way of paying double what players are worth was the way to go...hmmm
    That's odd because that really has nothing to do with not trying to make any progress with possibly Tue best player on the team. They shouldn't wait too long, it might rub him the wrong way and they'll have to pay him double to stay.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast