Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which ex Sacramento King has the biggest positive impact on the game tonight?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vasuqez

1 12.50%
  • Patterson

7 87.50%
  • Salmons

0 0%
  • Hayes

0 0%
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game 49 (TOR v. SAC) Feb 5: Raps Look to Remove the Crown from the Kings

(22-39)..............(33-26)
    SACRAMENTO KINGS v. TORONTO RAPTORS

NBA Game Overview
    ESPN Preview

Date: March 7th 2014
    Time: 7:00 PM
    TV: TSN2

RAPTORS 20th ANNIVERSARY VIDEO PROMO

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS:

PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

THOMAS----MCLEMORE----GAY----THOMPSON----COUSINS

PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

LOWRY----ROSS----DEROZAN----JOHNSON----VALANCIUNAS

STATS:

Key Match UP

DaMarcus Cousins v. Jonas Valanciunas

MHC TAKE:

The Toronto Raptors head into tonights action with a 2-1 record on their Western Conference road trip and 4-1 in their last 5 games. The Raps continue to claw out win after win as the team continues to try to take control of the 3rd spot in the East. Tonight marks the first time Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson and Hayes all make their return to Sacramento since the December trade that sent Rudy Gay to the Kings. It was extremely challenging picking a key match up tonight as there seems to be 3 matchups the Raps will need to focus on. For one, Thomas and Lowry at the PG position is the first match up that Raps fans need to pay attention to. Thomas is playing lights out ball this season as he is averaging 20 and 6 this season with a PER of 21. The next match up which is much more obvious features Gay and DeRozan going head to head. Both players certainly know each other well and expect both players to go at each other tonight. The last match up that needs to be discussed is the battle of the bigs, Jonas and DaMarcus. Over his last 6 games, Jonas is averaging 16.7 ppg and continues to show big improvements in his offensive game. On the other side, Boogie had a huge return to the court this past week when he dropped 25 and 16 against the Bulls. Jonas and the Raps need to be aware of his presence at all times and limit his damage on the boards if at all possible. Expect to see some double teams early in the game on Cousins to help slow him down and hiopefully get him out of rythum. Lets go Raptors!

Last edited by Mile High Champ; 03-07-2014 at 06:55 PM.

vCash

Game 49 (TOR v. SAC) Feb 5: Raps Look to Remove the Crown from the Kings

This is going to be a tough game.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Bougie is going to be a handful down there. Chuck is going to be needed lol.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Kings are a tough matchup for us. I wouldn't surprise me at all if we lose this one.

vCash
    After this road trip, the Raptors only have 2 other away games against the western conference for the rest of the season.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    yea this will be a tough game. is Lowry out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    yea this will be a tough game. is Lowry out?
    He practiced yesterday and said he'll be playing.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    After this road trip, the Raptors only have 2 other away games against the western conference for the rest of the season.
    Not sure if thats a good or bad thing? Raptors have been better on the road this year.

vCash
    Jonas has to get under Boogie's skin tonight, I see Gay having a good game against us as I do with Cousins but I see the Raps still win in the long run, their bench is pretty ******. Hayes will be useful tonight on Boogie

vCash
    Should be a good game. Hopefully Lowry plays. I think we can take out the Kings. They have been playing decent ball, but I think raptors can take them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Not sure if thats a good or bad thing? Raptors have been better on the road this year.
    Yeah but we've been turning around our home record too.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Should be a good game. Hopefully Lowry plays. I think we can take out the Kings. They have been playing decent ball, but I think raptors can take them.
    They're a very potent offensive team that plays little defence. We just gotta play our game and keep the pace down to where we want. Kings are dangerous when Isaiah Thomas gets going so we gotta limit his ball penetration. This is a team that likes very much to play in transition & so we gotta make sure our D is up to snuff.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Cant wait to see Jonas vs Cousins.. jv dont back down from no one!

vCash
    They're a very potent offensive team that plays little defence. We just gotta play our game and keep the pace down to where we want. Kings are dangerous when Isaiah Thomas gets going so we gotta limit his ball penetration. This is a team that likes very much to play in transition & so we gotta make sure our D is up to snuff.
    If raptors play the way they did in the 4th quarter against the blazers, I can see kings in trouble. All starts with the raptors defense. They are truly suffocating at times. I am very impressed by that. I think that's one of the reasons why raptors don't get blown out of games. Even whenever they r down a lot, the defense normally brings them back. Kings front court is going to give raptors some problems. I hope Rudy Gay tries to do too much tonight. That may work in our favor.

vCash
    totally agree

I don't think the Raptors will have any trouble scoring against the Kings. its more like we have to prevent the Kings from scoring. It COULD turn out to be a huge shootout, whoever scores the most wins, type of game.

as a basketball fan, hell ya; purist: defense wins basketball games.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast