Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    40
    vCash
    1500

    Baseball Can Wait Its Turn

    So you telling me that it's baseball season now that football is over, hold on their just a minute. 45 days till baseball season officially starts, so those who say baseball season starts now must not care about March madness. It is called madness for a reason. What about the NBA do we not care about the up and coming teams like Portland Trail Blazers,Phoenix Suns and Toronto Raptors. All these teams have a strong fan base with patience and dedication that is now paying off.

    Now we could always talk about how bad the Knicks are and how the Nets are battling to make a season with high expectations follow through, finally. I'm sure nobody saw the Washington Wizards standing in 5th place and Charlotte Bobcats in 8th but can they sustain the level of competitiveness all year or just be a half season team that can't last the marathon.

    I'm excited about baseball coming soon it means warmer weather shorts, shirts and some beer. You can never go wrong with that combination. Add in watching a ball game at the ball park is even better.

    Watching some prospects like Zack Wheeler try to live up to their hype. Can Billy Hamilton hit and get on base? Because we know he can steal a base blind. Will the Angels money spree ever pay off? Puig, need I say more.

    But theirs a time and place for all of this,spring training maybe Opening day definitely but baseball really dose not hit its peak till June. That is because basketball is finishing up and its time to shift gears to a slower pace of entertainment called baseball. That's when its really ok to get excited about a empire saying "Play Ball."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,109
    vCash
    1500
    What about the NBA do we not care
    Nope
    2013

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    17,493
    vCash
    1500
    I have the ability to follow multiple sports.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,415
    vCash
    1500

    Baseball Can Wait Its Turn

    ^same.

    Couldn't care less about the sport of Basketball, especially the joke that WWE jr (nba).

    Until April I've got the Olympics and NHL to keep me entertained.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19,827
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I just picked up a winter sport (NHL). Let's Go Rangers. I pay attention to college football and the NFL too but not with the same seriousness as baseball or hockey.

    Some people love just baseball though so what do you say to them?
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-05-2014 at 09:24 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,718
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly, the only thing I care about is baseball. Football is a distant second. The days between the super bowl and opening day is when I go into a sports coma. I appreciate other sports, but I could care less about theN NBA and NHL. I will watch some college BBall, but the Circus the American public calls the NBA will not be on my TV unless I've watched every last "Cops" and "Cops Reloaded" episode which is basically impossible. If you like the NBA, hats off to you, it just is not my cup of tea.

    And I'm tired of hearing about LeBron and the Heat. Meh. Maybe I'll start following when he and Kobe are gone.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,307
    vCash
    1500
    but why not just go to the nba forums and watch/talk about it there if thats all you can think about right now.also,what about the nhl? you left them out of you little read.but most people have the ability to pay attention to multiple sports(and of course you also have baseball only fans)so why cant there be talk of it?

    ...have no idea why you made this thread

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    40
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah I justed pick up a winter sport (NHL). Let's Go Rangers. I pay attention to college football and the NFL too but not with the same seriousness as baseball or hockey.

    Some people love just baseball though so what do you say to them?
    The people who just love baseball I understand and even people who love multiply sports I understand having an order of love for each sport but people are acting like basketball dose not have anything interesting going on. Plus spring training isnt even here yet and people are saying its baseball season. Theirs hockey going on that people follow. I just find it irate that people will call Feburary Baseball season when their is so much more going on in the sports world. Their is the NFL combine in 2 weeks, signing day for college students today. I love me some baseball but its still freezing outside to feel like its baseball season. I am doing my baseball research for fantasy but that is because I'm in a keeper league and it so much different then the year to year leagues
    It is exciting I recommend it to anyone but I feel like keeper leagues work best for baseball. I got off the point a little, Baseball deserves the attention just in order of sport right now its not in the top 3 if you follow all sports

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,415
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Luck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah I justed pick up a winter sport (NHL). Let's Go Rangers. I pay attention to college football and the NFL too but not with the same seriousness as baseball or hockey.

    Some people love just baseball though so what do you say to them?
    The people who just love baseball I understand and even people who love multiply sports I understand having an order of love for each sport but people are acting like basketball dose not have anything interesting going on. Plus spring training isnt even here yet and people are saying its baseball season. Theirs hockey going on that people follow. I just find it irate that people will call Feburary Baseball season when their is so much more going on in the sports world. Their is the NFL combine in 2 weeks, signing day for college students today. I love me some baseball but its still freezing outside to feel like its baseball season. I am doing my baseball research for fantasy but that is because I'm in a keeper league and it so much different then the year to year leagues
    It is exciting I recommend it to anyone but I feel like keeper leagues work best for baseball. I got off the point a little, Baseball deserves the attention just in order of sport right now its not in the top 3 if you follow all sports
    Not everyone cares about what you care about, you'll have to learn through life that's just the way it is.

    I don't care about college football nor national signing day. I think basketball is a complete joke and don't take a moment to watch it.

    So for me, it's hockey season. And now Olympics season. And baseball season. That's what's on my mind. I'm sorry that we differ in opinions.

    And for the record, I've watched a grand total of about 8 minutes of hockey this year, all when KG and Pierce returned to the Garden. Other than that, I couldn't tell you the Celtics record, Heats record, Lakers record, etc. that sport has zero effect on my life. The last time I watched even 5 minutes of the NBA finals was whenever the Heat lost.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35,636
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I have the ability to follow multiple sports.
    This.



    But no, we don't care about the NBA, and you forgot about Hockey.


    Basically, Feb is a month where everyone just waits for March Madness and ST to start. Hockey and basketball seasons are moving forward toward the post-season, but the seasons don't matter in Feb because you basically already know who the top teams are going to be now, and half the league makes the playoffs in both sports. So no, nobody really cares.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35,636
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Some people love just baseball though so what do you say to them?
    Basically me.

    If I had a pool of 100 points, and each point signified my interest in each sport, it would probably look like this

    98 MLB
    1 NBA
    0.33 NHL, 0.33 college basketball, 0.33 NFL

    I care that little about other sports.

  12. 02-05-2014, 02:38 PM
    Reason
    What's the point in this?

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    40
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Not everyone cares about what you care about, you'll have to learn through life that's just the way it is.

    I don't care about college football nor national signing day. I think basketball is a complete joke and don't take a moment to watch it.

    So for me, it's hockey season. And now Olympics season. And baseball season. That's what's on my mind. I'm sorry that we differ in opinions.

    And for the record, I've watched a grand total of about 8 minutes of hockey this year, all when KG and Pierce returned to the Garden. Other than that, I couldn't tell you the Celtics record, Heats record, Lakers record, etc. that sport has zero effect on my life. The last time I watched even 5 minutes of the NBA finals was whenever the Heat lost.
    It not that i felt like saying something I care about is that I felt like expressing my opioin. Im not knocking any sport but you should understand that I know everybody is not going to care what I care about. As of matter of fact it should be like that. My feelings is not hurt about that and that is a life lesson I learn when I was young. I dont have to learn through life about that I rather learn the easy way and expect nobody to care and appropriate those who do.

    I didnt write this in the basketball forum because it has more to deal with the over hype of baseball in February.
    I tend not to care about the NFL combine but other people do. I dont follow Hockey but other people do. It is just an example on how sports has its time of the season. Tragedy made a great point that the Olympics is being followed not only by you but by alot of poeple. It is trending, but baseball is not right not but give it a month and it will be talk about the most with March madness.

    I just found it wierd Tragedy that you would say "Not everyone cares about what you care about, you'll have to learn through life that's just the way it is." This is Pro sports daily where I can express what I think about sports issues so if you dont care i dont understand your response. The website is to express how you feel not catch feelings. You could teach your life lessons on your facebook page

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    40
    vCash
    1500
    To each their own. Since you are a person who loves baseball when do you start talking baseball with your friends? I'm curious because it seems like rosters are set for the most part and training camp is around the corner do you get into convos about spring training and the games?

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    5,414
    vCash
    1500

    Baseball Can Wait Its Turn

    I follow the nba and get really into college basketball around this time. Not a hockey fan but I love Olympic hockey.

    Plenty going on for me until my first love, baseball, makes it's return.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35,636
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Luck View Post
    To each their own. Since you are a person who loves baseball when do you start talking baseball with your friends? I'm curious because it seems like rosters are set for the most part and training camp is around the corner do you get into convos about spring training and the games?
    I personally talk baseball with friends all 12 months out of the year.

    It doesn't take a break. It's not talked about as much in the off-season. But for some fans, what happens in the off-season is just as much fun as during the season (roster moves, trades, free agency, prospects, roster construction).


    My wife figured this out a few years ago for the first time. She didn't understand why we talked baseball year-round. She always thought it took a break after the World Series. For us, it's just as entertaining in the off-season.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •