Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Wink Demar Derozan's Ceiling

I'm beyond shocked to see the progress derozan has made. Last year , a lot of us complained how he was just a 1-dimensional player who could score, and provided nothing else. I personally thought he was never going to be a great play maker, but I was wrong.

I also didnt think his defense would get better, but it has!
    Nor Did I think he'd become a better 3PT shooter so soon.

At this point, derozan is flirting with 22/5/5, and with his improvement every single year in this league I dont see why he cant become more elite. There's a lot more to work on in his game.

His ability to close games and make shots, if he can reach that level, it'd help going forward.

Defense

3PT

Efficiency

If he improves those areas, which I'm sure he will over the nxt two years, there's no reason why he cant be a top 5 player in this league.

So I ask, is there really any need to tank or trade him or lowry away? I think it would be counterproductive. The Raptors should just look to add one more piece while maintaining a core of what they have thus far. Seeing the emergence of demar,has led me to believe, that we wouldnt need to tank to get wiggins. Sure it would be nice going forward, but I guess the timing just isnt there.

So, going forward, Demar Derozan, a player we should keep, and should the idea of tanking be abolished?
    Sig Bet with Chill_Will_24. The Raptors WILL beat the Nets in the 2014 1st Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. Loser deletes account.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post

As for your lol sig bet I said I'm down bro

vCash
    There's no ceiling anymore.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    There's no ceiling anymore.
    DeBron!

vCash
    He was considered to have the highest ceiling out of the entire '09 draft class (although maybe outside of Griffin/Harden). I remember really wanting BC to take him #9 overall and to my delight he did. I'm really glad to see the kid blossom into an All-Star! Maybe a few more years of progression can put him right in the thick of things with regards to the MVP race.

#WeTheNorth - RAPTORS' 2014 PLAYOFFS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    DeBron!
    this.

vCash
    At times he looks like Kobe out there. As long as he keeps working hard to improve he can be as good as he wants.

vCash
    well I wouldn't attribute everything to all round game yet. he just has better teammates and better chemistry with the guys he's playing with right now. gotta have scorers and basketball savvy players on your team if your assist numbers go up.

his ceiling is as good as his teammates. players aren't considered winners until they have better teammates. like Kevin Love, puts up big numbers, still loses. blame his teammates, blame his defense. but im sure if he teamed up with like KD or Lebron and they start winning, KL won't be known as a loser any more.

vCash
    i'm gonna sound stupid for saying this, since i just ate my words on him this season already, but i think he's pretty darn close to it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    DeBron!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'm gonna sound stupid for saying this, since i just ate my words on him this season already, but i think he's pretty darn close to it now.
    he has worked, and improved on something every season.. I think the kid can only get better with his attitude, work ethic, and the athletic gifts he's been blessed with.

vCash
    He's not even in his prime yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see him put up Paul Pierce type numbers in the future.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    He has done very well. Still sort of see him in the Rip Hamilton mould of "star" player though. I can see his shot improving to a similar level of Hamilton's but I don't think he reaches the upper echelons of elite players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    He has done very well. Still sort of see him in the Rip Hamilton mould of "star" player though. I can see his shot improving to a similar level of Hamilton's but I don't think he reaches the upper echelons of elite players.
    this is how i see him as well.

the league will always have a couple "super superstars" at the 2. i don't see Derozan getting that high but i can see him being at the top of the second tier of 2's for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I see DeMar as a top 5 SG for years to come, I think his mid range is already elite he just needs to take better shots sometimes, 3pt I see as being average at best but overall he will be one top scores moving forward.

vCash
    I think with his constant year by year improvement , I think he could reach Wade level ... I don't think he's too far off that right now.. He just needs to stop a few ( only 1-3 a game) forced shots , and I think his efficiency ( shot%) will go up . And he needs to get his 3 pt shooting a little better .. Which I have no doubt he will
    His D has been MUCH improved this season

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast