Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    13,652
    vCash
    1500

    Garciaparrra, Clemens, Martinez, Castigli inducted into the Sox HOF

    Boston Red Sox ‏@RedSox 1h
    Roger Clemens, Nomar Garciaparra, Pedro Martinez, and Joe Castiglione to be Inducted into the @RedSox Hall of Fame in 2014

    Probably the only HOF Clemens gets into at this point. His #s with the Sox are clean.


    PAPI SMASH!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,416
    vCash
    1500

    Garciaparrra, Clemens, Martinez, Castigli inducted into the Sox HOF

    How in the hell do you know his numbers with the Sox are clean?

    I hate that people think they know the moment someone took roids. Everyone says they can basically pinpoint when Barry started using. Just because your body changes doesn't mean that's the moment you began.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    150
    vCash
    1500
    Does this mean Gomes can't wear number 5

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    13,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    How in the hell do you know his numbers with the Sox are clean?

    I hate that people think they know the moment someone took roids. Everyone says they can basically pinpoint when Barry started using. Just because your body changes doesn't mean that's the moment you began.
    I'm just guessing. But based on his fall between 93-96, i'm guessing he didn't use them.


    PAPI SMASH!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,126
    vCash
    1500
    Congrats to all 4. They where all great performers with the Red Sox during their time with the team.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    3,176
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by trentman1155 View Post
    Does this mean Gomes can't wear number 5
    No he should be grandfathered in much like Mariano and other players who wore 42 after it was retired.

    Even if not, I doubt it will matter to him. 5 isn't even his number anyways. Before playing here he used to wear 31, but that is clearly already taken.
    Last edited by penuch; 02-06-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    -

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    8,986
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    How in the hell do you know his numbers with the Sox are clean?

    I hate that people think they know the moment someone took roids. Everyone says they can basically pinpoint when Barry started using. Just because your body changes doesn't mean that's the moment you began.
    It probably had more to do with his numbers declining with his age at the end of his tenure with the RedSox, right before his numbers exploded in Toronto where they have some pretty lax drug laws.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12,232
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by trentman1155 View Post
    Does this mean Gomes can't wear number 5
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    No he should be grandfathered in much like Mariano and other players who wore 42 after it was retired.

    Even if not, I doubt it will matter to him. 5 isn't even his number anyways. Before playing here he used to wear 31, but that is clearly already taken.
    Red Sox HOF isn't the same as retiring a number, FYI. It's a much higher honor to have your number retired, with much more difficult criteria to meet.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    14,246
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    It probably had more to do with his numbers declining with his age at the end of his tenure with the RedSox, right before his numbers exploded in Toronto where they have some pretty lax drug laws.
    personal experience?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,416
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trentman1155 View Post
    Does this mean Gomes can't wear number 5
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    No he should be grandfathered in much like Mariano and other players who wore 42 after it was retired.

    Even if not, I doubt it will matter to him. 5 isn't even his number anyways. Before playing here he used to wear 31, but that is clearly already taken.
    Red Sox HOF isn't the same as retiring a number, FYI. It's a much higher honor to have your number retired, with much more difficult criteria to meet.
    Exactly. This is just the announcement for the Sox HOF. Pedroia the only of the 3 that will absolutely have his number retired once he makes the Hall.

    Nomar is a definite no. Clemens I'm not sure.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    61,756
    vCash
    500
    They're all more than worthy. The RS HOF is not very exclusive at all. Nothing to debate here.

    As for Clemons, his contributions on the field are more than deserving of this minor honor. It shouldn't be controversial.

    I'm more than OK with Nomar making it. He was my first absolute favorite athlete ever. Like, not just enjoying or rooting for, but like obsessing over. I, to this day, still have more Nomar memorabilia than anyone else...and it's not even this close. I'm not sure I've liked a Red Sox player more than I once liked him. Some of that might be 8 year old obsessiveness, but whatever.

    My dad and I have talked about trying to attend the dinner ceremony. Might be a tall task, we'll see. I'd rather see this class than probably any other.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    13,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    How in the hell do you know his numbers with the Sox are clean?

    I hate that people think they know the moment someone took roids. Everyone says they can basically pinpoint when Barry started using. Just because your body changes doesn't mean that's the moment you began.
    It probably had more to do with his numbers declining with his age at the end of his tenure with the RedSox, right before his numbers exploded in Toronto where they have some pretty lax drug laws.
    Not to mention Dr. Anthony Galea who provided steroids to NFL players and was linked to Tiger Woods an Arod.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,416
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    They're all more than worthy. The RS HOF is not very exclusive at all. Nothing to debate here.

    As for Clemons, his contributions on the field are more than deserving of this minor honor. It shouldn't be controversial.

    I'm more than OK with Nomar making it. He was my first absolute favorite athlete ever. Like, not just enjoying or rooting for, but like obsessing over. I, to this day, still have more Nomar memorabilia than anyone else...and it's not even this close. I'm not sure I've liked a Red Sox player more than I once liked him. Some of that might be 8 year old obsessiveness, but whatever.

    My dad and I have talked about trying to attend the dinner ceremony. Might be a tall task, we'll see. I'd rather see this class than probably any other.
    I've got a guy in work that had over 2500 nomar baseball cards. Unless that's you.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10
    vCash
    1500
    nice

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    44,849
    vCash
    1500
    Serious question. Will Manny Ramirez ever make the red Sox HOF?

    The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •