Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Garciaparrra, Clemens, Martinez, Castigli inducted into the Sox HOF

Boston Red Sox ‏@RedSox 1h
    Roger Clemens, Nomar Garciaparra, Pedro Martinez, and Joe Castiglione to be Inducted into the @RedSox Hall of Fame in 2014

Probably the only HOF Clemens gets into at this point. His #s with the Sox are clean.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash

Garciaparrra, Clemens, Martinez, Castigli inducted into the Sox HOF

How in the hell do you know his numbers with the Sox are clean?

I hate that people think they know the moment someone took roids. Everyone says they can basically pinpoint when Barry started using. Just because your body changes doesn't mean that's the moment you began.

vCash
    Does this mean Gomes can't wear number 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post

I hate that people think they know the moment someone took roids. Everyone says they can basically pinpoint when Barry started using. Just because your body changes doesn't mean that's the moment you began.
    I'm just guessing. But based on his fall between 93-96, i'm guessing he didn't use them.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Congrats to all 4. They where all great performers with the Red Sox during their time with the team.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trentman1155 View Post
    No he should be grandfathered in much like Mariano and other players who wore 42 after it was retired.

Even if not, I doubt it will matter to him. 5 isn't even his number anyways. Before playing here he used to wear 31, but that is clearly already taken.
    Last edited by penuch; 02-06-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    -

vCash

It probably had more to do with his numbers declining with his age at the end of his tenure with the RedSox, right before his numbers exploded in Toronto where they have some pretty lax drug laws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    No he should be grandfathered in much like Mariano and other players who wore 42 after it was retired.

Even if not, I doubt it will matter to him. 5 isn't even his number anyways. Before playing here he used to wear 31, but that is clearly already taken.
    Red Sox HOF isn't the same as retiring a number, FYI. It's a much higher honor to have your number retired, with much more difficult criteria to meet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    It probably had more to do with his numbers declining with his age at the end of his tenure with the RedSox, right before his numbers exploded in Toronto where they have some pretty lax drug laws.
    personal experience?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post

Red Sox HOF isn't the same as retiring a number, FYI. It's a much higher honor to have your number retired, with much more difficult criteria to meet.
    Exactly. This is just the announcement for the Sox HOF. Pedroia the only of the 3 that will absolutely have his number retired once he makes the Hall.

Nomar is a definite no. Clemens I'm not sure.

vCash
    They're all more than worthy. The RS HOF is not very exclusive at all. Nothing to debate here.

As for Clemons, his contributions on the field are more than deserving of this minor honor. It shouldn't be controversial.

I'm more than OK with Nomar making it. He was my first absolute favorite athlete ever. Like, not just enjoying or rooting for, but like obsessing over. I, to this day, still have more Nomar memorabilia than anyone else...and it's not even this close. I'm not sure I've liked a Red Sox player more than I once liked him. Some of that might be 8 year old obsessiveness, but whatever.

My dad and I have talked about trying to attend the dinner ceremony. Might be a tall task, we'll see. I'd rather see this class than probably any other.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post

Not to mention Dr. Anthony Galea who provided steroids to NFL players and was linked to Tiger Woods an Arod.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    They're all more than worthy. The RS HOF is not very exclusive at all. Nothing to debate here.

As for Clemons, his contributions on the field are more than deserving of this minor honor. It shouldn't be controversial.

I'm more than OK with Nomar making it. He was my first absolute favorite athlete ever. Like, not just enjoying or rooting for, but like obsessing over. I, to this day, still have more Nomar memorabilia than anyone else...and it's not even this close. I'm not sure I've liked a Red Sox player more than I once liked him. Some of that might be 8 year old obsessiveness, but whatever.

My dad and I have talked about trying to attend the dinner ceremony. Might be a tall task, we'll see. I'd rather see this class than probably any other.
    I've got a guy in work that had over 2500 nomar baseball cards. Unless that's you.

vCash
    nice

vCash
    Serious question. Will Manny Ramirez ever make the red Sox HOF?

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv