Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mike Woodson could be fired by Trade Deadline

For months, we've wondered what it was going to take to put Mike Woodson on the hot seat with the Knicks. As last year's No. 2 seed spiralled further and further down a pit of despair, reports remained adamant that Woodson wasn't in danger. The problem is that if you don't get the nose up on the plane eventually, someone gets tossed out the back. And the New Jersey Record reports that New York may have opened the cargo bay doors.

You know what they say about a sinking ship? The rats desert the ship and the captain goes down with it — and coach Mike Woodson may be on his last days afloat.

Left behind to explain the team's latest round of troubles were Woodson and a pair of veterans, Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire.

And what they had to say wasn't exactly reassuring — Woodson's words not encouraging for the team's fading chances and in particular, the usually positive Stoudemire's words not encouraging for Woodson, whom one league source said could be removed before the Feb. 20 trade deadline.

via Popper: Mike Woodson in trouble as Knicks continues to flounder : page all - NorthJersey.com.

I know, I know "shocking news," right? But again, the Knicks are a leaky ship with an ironclad front gate and yet this hasn't gotten out in this form yet. But the Knicks lost to the Buckson Monday, and they trailed for almos the entire game. Milwauke is basically a lifeboat with a paper awning at this point, and it mowed down the S.S. Knickerbocker.

There just may not be any coming back from that.

The big problem is who to turn the team over to. There are a lot of politics involved in everything that goes on at MSG, and finding someone willing to take over and get this wreckage to shore could be difficult.

And still, the Knicks are two games out of the Eastern Conference 8th seed. A good run before All-Star break, get healthy over the break, then put together any level of consistency, and Woodson could save himself. The sand's not through the hourglass yet. But gravity seems to be catching up with him.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...trade-deadline

vCash
    Please!

vCash
    The fact this was posted by a mod and they have yet to put the gamethread for today shows how much they looking forward to people being traded and fired than watching any Knicks games LMAO...
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    There were many instances throughout the season when I thought his days were numbered as the teams HC. I thought there was no way he'd stay after losing 9 in a row, or when we got blown out by Boston at home. I surely didn't think he had a job still after getting embarassed by the Nets a few weeks ago.

but somehow Woody has managed to stay on as the HC. It'll be very interesting to see if he gets fired, which is completely understandable given how erratic this team has been this year. But will Walker or herb take over as the interim HC for the rest of the year or are they going to try and make a big splash and obtain a top notch HC midseason? Probably will be the former.

vCash
    Has to be done, months too late but fire his *** already

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Make Allan Houston the "real" GM & bring Jeff Van Gundy to coach the team. A Van Gundy/Houston leadership sounds good to me.

vCash
    Firing a coach mid season is far from an instant fix and I usually wouldn't advocate for it, but Woodson needed to be sent packing 2 months ago....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    I guess Steve Mills will be next headcoach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    Make Allan Houston the "real" GM & bring Jeff Van Gundy to coach the team. A Van Gundy/Houston leadership sounds good to me.
    That totally just gave me wood
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Steve Mills is actually secretly planning to take over NY. Either that or he's just an assistant to Dolan with a fancy title
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer:27926815
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Steve Mills is actually secretly planning to take over NY. Either that or he's just an assistant to Dolan with a fancy title
    My guess is the later.

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Players who have turned against Woody this season PUBLICLY (or through the press)!

Tyson Chandler
    Iman Shumpert
    Beno Udrih
    Metta World Peace (well his brother, but you know...)

Anyone else?

vCash
    Players who have turned against Woody this season PUBLICLY (or through the press)!

Tyson Chandler
    Iman Shumpert
    Beno Udrih

Anyone else?
    HAHAAHA Bargs as well, that's probably the reason he had delusions of grandeur and decided to go for a FT dunk. He was so sick of Woody he purposely hurt his elbow.

On a serious note though, I think JR also complained of Woody's tactics a few times in post-game interviews. But obviously that's Woody's go to guy aside from Melo, so JR and Woody will always have each others backs.

BTW, you and Cheetos have the greatest sig/avatar of Melo. What a mean mug!

vCash

Tyson Chandler
    Iman Shumpert
    Beno Udrih

Anyone else?
    Amare had a subtle jab yesterday and of course JR
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    OPERATION "BOOM!"
    THE BLOW UP WILL BE TELEVISED

King Phil's entrance music
    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast