Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Best team in the NBA 5 years later?

What teams do you see at the top 5 years later? Take in account manegment, players, ect

vCash
    Spurs

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I do think the Blazers, OKC and maybe the Lakers can get up there depending on how they draft this yr and whether or not they get KLove next summer.

vCash
    Pacers are looking pretty good at the moment. They've got Paul George and Roy Hibbert locked up for the foreseeable future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Spurs
    Very curious as to why you chose Spurs. Will Pop be around for that long? Duncan, Manu, and Parker may all retire by then. I'm never doubting Spurs but with Pop and their big three gone, I don't see how they can prosper. Leonard isn't that type of player who would be able to dominate regularly from what I've seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Spurs
    I was laughing because it's true. Then I realized pop is old and soon he will have to retire.The one thing that will slow down the spurs is not tim or manu retiring. It will be Pop retiring. He works magic during the regular season. He meddles with the rotations even when it's bad for the team. He rests players all the time. Not much so in giving them days off, but limiting their minutes so they are productive all the time. He understands he needs to develop the rotation players and he gives them confidence. That guy will surely be missed.

vCash
    Warriors. I'm guessing Barnes will be fully developed by then and in his prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Very curious as to why you chose Spurs. Will Pop be around for that long? Duncan, Manu, and Parker may all retire by then. I'm never doubting Spurs but with Pop and their big three gone, I don't see how they can prosper. Leonard isn't that type of player who would be able to dominate regularly from what I've seen.
    Pop is making him into a champion. That will probably be his last trick.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    Pop is making him into a champion. That will probably be his last trick.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    I adore Kawhi. Not in a romantically given way but his attitude. It's just rare to find such a player. He just wants to play basketball and doesn't seem to care for the gimmicks. Would love to see him develop further but will it be enough to compete against the likes of Durant, Curry, Harden, George, and many rising stars for years to come?

vCash
    taking into account management i would like to be able to say raps lol
    theyve put together one of the best front offices in the league over the last year
    go home raptors, you're drunk

vCash
    OKC: KD
    Miami...LBJ isn't leaving and they will surround him with talent
    Pelicans: Having Anthony Davis will lead to winning
    Lakers: Will have enough time to put a good team together
    Philly or Orlando: too much young talent that could develop or be moved for better players (similar to Boston's strategy in 2008 when they got KG/Ray)

vCash
    Durant's team
    Lebron's team
    any other elite player's team

The NBA is all about elite players. No elite player, no title. Even SA, for as good as they are year in and year out, haven't been able to get over the hump since TD has declined from elite player to just a great player. The awesome coaching and management they have hasn't been able to overcome the lack of an elite talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Golden State- Curry, Barnes and Thompson are gonna be an elite trio and are still young. Mark Jackson is a good coach and can only get better. They will want to make a good impression moving into San Francisco so they'll continue to spend to stay competitive.

Los Angeles Lakers- will have a top 10 draft pick in a deep class and have loads of cap space to entice free agents try next few seasons. Also, the city itself is a major draw so free agents will always be attracted. Only concern is waning management.

Milwaukee- between a presumable top 3 pick and the young talent they already have on the roster, they'll put it together once their players mature. Greek Freak, Sanders, Brandon Knight and say Embiid or Wiggins is a fantastic core.

Philadelphia- Sixers are setting themselves up for a great future. MCW, Noel and a top 5 pick this season has outstanding potential. Whatever they receive from trading Turner and Young is just gravy.

Orlando- Oladipo, Vucevic and a top 3 pick provide a solid core. The Magic are awash in cap space and savvy GM Hennigan has an eye for spotting talent.

vCash
    In the next 5 years Ujjiri will manage to trade DeMar DeRozan for Kevin Durant and picks, and OKC will thank him for it.

While Toronto will not be THE top team, they will be A top team. The Spurs have a fantastic system and always find players to fit it, so they will be up there. The Pacers core, aside from West, is young and as long as Larry is at the helm I have confidence that they'll make good, safe moves to stay near the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post
    Golden State- Curry, Barnes and Thompson are gonna be an elite trio and are still young. Mark Jackson is a good coach and can only get better. They will want to make a good impression moving into San Francisco so they'll continue to spend to stay competitive.

Los Angeles Lakers- will have a top 10 draft pick in a deep class and have loads of cap space to entice free agents try next few seasons. Also, the city itself is a major draw so free agents will always be attracted. Only concern is waning management.

Milwaukee- between a presumable top 3 pick and the young talent they already have on the roster, they'll put it together once their players mature. Greek Freak, Sanders, Brandon Knight and say Embiid or Wiggins is a fantastic core.

Philadelphia- Sixers are setting themselves up for a great future. MCW, Noel and a top 5 pick this season has outstanding potential. Whatever they receive from trading Turner and Young is just gravy.

Orlando- Oladipo, Vucevic and a top 3 pick provide a solid core. The Magic are awash in cap space and savvy GM Hennigan has an eye for spotting talent.
    You lost me at Brandon Knight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast