26. CLE - OLB C.J. Mosely
    27. NO - CB Jason Verrett
    28. CAR - TE Jace Amaro
    29. NE - OLB Ryan Shazier
    30. SF - DT Stephon Tuitt
    31. DEN - DE Kony Ealy
    32. SEA - C Travis Swanson

vCash
    if this is how the draft fell for the packers we would be drooling. having nix, mosely, pryor, and a top te available. i wouldnt be surprised if we traded back up and took another player. but nix is a great selection. i might be more inclined to take pryor but cant go wrong with any of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Zach Martin is a bad pick for the Steelers with the guys left on the board. OT isn't that glaring of a need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jint. View Post
    Unless you need a guard.. He can play both
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    What if we don't need either? Where does Martin fit in then?
    We don't need that either. Growing speculation with Manchuck around is Velasco will be back and Pouncey will play LG.
    WR or CB's left on the board would be much more likely picked up by the Steelers.
    From your previous mock. For god's sake, please stop mocking OL to the Steelers unless Matthews somehow falls.

vCash
    OT isn't PIT's biggest need but I think it's a little over-the-top the way you guys act like it would be the stupidest move ever if they took one. Mike Adams didn't look good last year. The new OL coach might not be a fan of his game at all for all we know. Marcus Gilbert is a free agent who the team might not have in its long term plans. If both of those things are true (and neither is unreasonable) then PIT goes into next year needing a starting OT. Beachum came on strong at the end of last season but I don't think he's someone you can pencil in to continue that type of play at this point. Maybe you slide him over to RT next year to replace Gilbert if he departs next offseason and the LT you draft this year steps in. PIT isn't a couple of pieces away from being an elite team IMO so it would be foolish of them to draft solely based on immediate needs.

I'll use the Pats as an example... OT wasn't an immediate need for us in 2011. We had Matt Light and Sebastian Vollmer, 2 all pro caliber players, at OT. We took Nate Solder in the first anyway. He was the swing tackle for a year and then he took over for Light after the season.

I don't think OL is the direction PIT will go but I think it's a position they should and will at least consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    We'll consider it.

But what I'm hearing is Lewan is a 2nd round grade in Pittsburgh. Lee, Benjiman, Dennard all have much higher grades.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Id Love for Barr to fall to us

Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    OT isn't PIT's biggest need but I think it's a little over-the-top the way you guys act like it would be the stupidest move ever if they took one. Mike Adams didn't look good last year. The new OL coach might not be a fan of his game at all for all we know. Marcus Gilbert is a free agent who the team might not have in its long term plans. If both of those things are true (and neither is unreasonable) then PIT goes into next year needing a starting OT. Beachum came on strong at the end of last season but I don't think he's someone you can pencil in to continue that type of play at this point. Maybe you slide him over to RT next year to replace Gilbert if he departs next offseason and the LT you draft this year steps in. PIT isn't a couple of pieces away from being an elite team IMO so it would be foolish of them to draft solely based on immediate needs.

I'll use the Pats as an example... OT wasn't an immediate need for us in 2011. We had Matt Light and Sebastian Vollmer, 2 all pro caliber players, at OT. We took Nate Solder in the first anyway. He was the swing tackle for a year and then he took over for Light after the season.

I don't think OL is the direction PIT will go but I think it's a position they should and will at least consider.
    Let's face it, fans never like O-line in the first because it isn't sexy. They'd rather see a QB, WR, RB, or DB taken in the first over O-line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Let's face it, fans never like O-line in the first because it isn't sexy. They'd rather see a QB, WR, RB, or DB taken in the first over O-line.
    It isn't that, we just don't have as big of a OLine need as everyone wants us to have. Gilbert, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams, Foster, Beachum, Velasco, is our entire line and has a max of 4 years in the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

No, Beachum is not a long term answer at all. But he's good enough to bump players like Lee, Benjamin, even Mosley up higher on the Steelers' board than OL. And besides that, imagine how much better the OL could look when Roethlisberger has more than just one starting receiver consistently getting open.

With all due respect, All Pro or Pro Bowl awards for the Patriots are not something I really take seriously. In no way am I saying that none of the players are good or deserve their accolades, but the media helped send Brandon Meriweather to the Pro Bowl twice. When Solder was drafted, Light was 33 years old and he was declining. Brady made the OL look better than it was, he was sacked like 20 times in 2007 to Cassel being sacked 50 times on nearly 100 less dropbacks.

It's not like Adams had zero good to offer last year. He's still an absolute force in the run game, which is why his new role as the 3rd TE was perfect. He just wasn't nearly consistent enough with pass pro in the first three games, and then was absolutely abused by Jared Allen. His "game" is raw talent alone with no technique, if anyone can fix that it's Mike Munchak.

As for Gilbert, he actually developed good chemistry with DeCastro, who should have had Pro Bowl and All Pro honors. His and DeCastro had issues identifying simple stunts, which comes from coaching and preparation, which is probably one of the reasons why our previous OL coach was fired after a year. Again, something that Mike Munchak should be able to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    If anyone understands lack of football sexiness, it's Steelers fans. We'd want OL in the first if we needed OL that bad.
    Last edited by ring91013144043; 02-05-2014 at 07:14 PM.

vCash
    Switch the quarterbacks around and it's a good draft. Manziel - Bridgewater - Bortles.

vCash
    Very Epic!!... I like Ebron

vCash
    Jets drafting a guard in the first round would be a disaster. A tackle maaaaybe if Austin Howard gets crazy money elsewhere, but they have too many needs at skill positions for a guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Jets drafting a guard in the first round would be a disaster. A tackle maaaaybe if Austin Howard gets crazy money elsewhere, but they have too many needs at skill positions for a guard.
    What's crazy is burning a 1st rounder on a RT.

vCash
    I just noticed you have Greg Robinson going before Jake Matthews? Really. Not happening.

6 OLinemen
    9 DLinemen/Rush LBs
    That I would also consider unlikely given the skill position talent in this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    No, Beachum is not a long term answer at all. But he's good enough to bump players like Lee, Benjamin, even Mosley up higher on the Steelers' board than OL. And besides that, imagine how much better the OL could look when Roethlisberger has more than just one starting receiver consistently getting open.

With all due respect, All Pro or Pro Bowl awards for the Patriots are not something I really take seriously. In no way am I saying that none of the players are good or deserve their accolades, but the media helped send Brandon Meriweather to the Pro Bowl twice. When Solder was drafted, Light was 33 years old and he was declining. Brady made the OL look better than it was, he was sacked like 20 times in 2007 to Cassel being sacked 50 times on nearly 100 less dropbacks.

It's not like Adams had zero good to offer last year. He's still an absolute force in the run game, which is why his new role as the 3rd TE was perfect. He just wasn't nearly consistent enough with pass pro in the first three games, and then was absolutely abused by Jared Allen. His "game" is raw talent alone with no technique, if anyone can fix that it's Mike Munchak.

As for Gilbert, he actually developed good chemistry with DeCastro, who should have had Pro Bowl and All Pro honors. His and DeCastro had issues identifying simple stunts, which comes from coaching and preparation, which is probably one of the reasons why our previous OL coach was fired after a year. Again, something that Mike Munchak should be able to fix.

If anyone understands lack of football sexiness, it's Steelers fans. We'd want OL in the first if we needed OL that bad.
    I guess where I disagree with you is that I don't think PIT should be shaping their draft board based on only short term needs. If they think Taylor Lewan or any of the other OTs on the board are better players than the CBs, WRs, etc. then I think they should take him. I think PIT is going to need more than just this offseason to get up to elite status so I don't think hey should draft only focusing on this year's team needs. That's the only point I'm making. The Steelers fans on here always spazz out over picking OL and I don't agree. You guys should be spazzing out over the player, not the position IMO. There's a difference. I don't think the OTs that will be on the board are better than the players at other positions and that's why I don't think PIT will/should draft OL in round 1.

As for the Patrtios stuff...

I always thought Light was overrated. I was never a huge fan of his. By mentioning the all pro teams the OTs had been to I was only trying to illustrate my point that OT wasn't our biggest immediate need. That was a pick made with the intention of a guy starting in year 2 (Vollmer missed so much time that he actually started a lot in year 1, but that's besides the point). And as for Meriweather, he legitimately deserved his 09 pro bowl. Or maybe other players were better but he was good enough that it wasn't any sort of travesty he got in. He actually was great that year. He just let it go to his head and he fell off a cliff after that, turning into the crap player he is today. He sucked in 2010 and him making the pro bowl again was totally out of name recognition after making it the year before. I think he was a 2nd or 3rd string injury replacement that year anyway. There really isn't the media bias for the Pats you think there is for pro bowl and all pro. You just think there is so in the couple of cases where a guy gets in that shouldn't you fixate on them. Those cases happen once in a while for every team, especially ones that are consistently good and in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast