vCash

Red Wings @ Panthers

@

Date: February 6, 2014
    Time: 7:30 PM
    Where: BB&T Center
    Channel: FSDET

Player to Watch:

Barring a setback it sounds like he'll return.

vCash
    Injury Updates:
    *Pavs will return Thursday barring any flare ups. Holland says we'll know Thursday after the morning skate.
    *Gustavsson will make the trip to Florida.
    *Weiss is skating with Whalers during the Olympic break and get some game action with the Griffins after the Olympics. Seems like end of Feb. early March he'll join the Wings.
    *Franzen isn't even skating yet. The hope is he'll be ready after the break but no one is sure.

vCash
    He'll return despite his leg still being bad as of only a couple days ago? I really don't like the sounds of this honestly. I swear if we blow another game to Florida though, I will be so ****ing pissed.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    He'll return despite his leg still being bad as of only a couple days ago? I really don't like the sounds of this honestly. I swear if we blow another game to Florida though, I will be so ****ing pissed.
    I think the only reason he's returning now/seems to be is to get action in so he can be ready for the Olympic games.

I almost put a image of kryptonite in the OP just for giggles. For whatever reason they seem to have our number. Kinda like Columbus and Calgary did last year. ****** teams give us problems and I don't know why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I think the only reason he's returning now/seems to be is to get action in so he can be ready for the Olympic games.

I almost put a image of kryptonite in the OP just for giggles. For whatever reason they seem to have our number. Kinda like Columbus and Calgary did last year. ****** teams give us problems and I don't know why.
    Three Panthers players.. Boyes, Huberdea and Bjustaud.

I don't want Dats playing. You're right why he is. I'm hoping he is playing on the wing and sees about 15 minutes. Can play with Helm and Alfredsson though I'd like to see him with Sheahan.

vCash
    This sounds awful but if he plans on playing injured in the olympics I'd prefer he get injured now rather than later. More time to recover and get back to form for the Wings.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    You really can't blame him much.

vCash
    I fully understand his thinking and if I were in his shoes I'd probably do the same thing. Any chance to represent your country and captain the team you can't pass it up. That said as a fan it frustrates me because all the time he's missed for us and he's still going to play. Also scares me because if he re injures himself or gets hurt elsewhere it could end his season and subsequently end ours. If healthy this team is a cup contender, no doubt in my mind, and I just want everyone healthy heading into the playoffs. So yeah I guess I am being selfish lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I fully understand his thinking and if I were in his shoes I'd probably do the same thing. Any chance to represent your country and captain the team you can't pass it up. That said as a fan it frustrates me because all the time he's missed for us and he's still going to play. Also scares me because if he re injures himself or gets hurt elsewhere it could end his season and subsequently end ours. If healthy this team is a cup contender, no doubt in my mind, and I just want everyone healthy heading into the playoffs. So yeah I guess I am being selfish lol.
    I'm going to help you look on the bright side.

Russia will probably play 6 games in a 3 week span.
    Russian practices will consist of puck skills for about 95% of it.
    Many practices will most likely be skipped for the parties.
    He won't be hit in practice.

vCash
    Kindl is out for the weekend and will go on IR if Datsyuk is ready to play vs. Florida.

Also sounds like Tampa Bay will be without Stamkos and Valteri when we play them.

vCash
    Yes. Stammer isn't cleared and won't play. Eaves will be the odd-man out as well

vCash
    I am so tired of the wings loosing to the Panthers......

vCash
    **** Kindl.

I really hope we take this game. Losing this much to the Panthers is frustrating.
    Gustav Nyquist is Jesus

didn't even hit the goalie doo

Ya, we're spoiled.

vCash
    Jimmy Howard will start Thursday night against Florida.
    Jonas Gustavsson is fine to back Howard up after he left Monday's game because he experienced some dizziness. Set your lineup accordingly.
    Stephen Weiss (groin) participated in Wednesday's practice and he didn't feel any pain.
    He is hoping to return to the lineup in Detroit's first game back after the Olympic break. The plan for Weiss during the Olympics is to skate with the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL and to possibly play for AHL Grand Rapids on a conditioning stint.
    And the news that most of us only really care about:

vCash
    Weiss is gonna come back and say **** the haters and go ham.
    Gustav Nyquist is Jesus

didn't even hit the goalie doo

Ya, we're spoiled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast