Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Future of Cold Weather Super Bowls?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...000271168.html

It looks like after how well (well other than the transportation problems) the NYC/NJ Super Bowl went, owners of "cold weather" cities are going to make a push for more "cold weather" Suer Bowls.

The Hunts, Lourie, Krafts, Rooney's, Snyder, Halas, and Allen are all teaming up to get the SB at, at least one of their cities within the next 7 years, and to rotate through all the "cold weather cities". There is talk that they want every open "cold weather" stadium to get it. So Carolina, Nashville, Green Bay, Chicago, Buffalo, Boston, Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh, Denver, Kansas City, Seattle would all get one.

Their argument is the stadium and weather have much less effect on the entire proceedings and the atmosphere than the ability of the city to host and event.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Aside from some major transportation issues, this SB went off without a hitch, they did dodge a bullet just missing the big snowstorm we got here, but I see no reason to not try again. Somewhere like Lambeau tho is going to more difficult to pull off, but should still get one occasionally. Every team deserves one, Denver, Chicago, GB, Pittsburgh, etc.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    maybe every 3 years or so would work. i imagine Boston and Philly would be two favs if they do go back to it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Aside from some major transportation issues, this SB went off without a hitch, they did dodge a bullet just missing the big snowstorm we got here, but I see no reason to not try again. Somewhere like Lambeau tho is going to more difficult to pull off, but should still get one occasionally. Every team deserves one, Denver, Chicago, GB, Pittsburgh, etc.
    GB and Pitt are too risky with how nasty and below freezing thier weather is. I honestly dont think GB will ever see one.

vCash
    Considering the NFL Literally luck out by the skin of thier teeth i would think they wouldn't have a cold weather 1 again. If that game happened 12 hours later it would have become a complete disaster. We got 10 inches in Jersey with the snow starting just after the game ended. It was a very heavy wet snow that froze very quickly and stuck to tree branches causing some power outages . Roads are still far from clear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    maybe every 3 years or so would work. i imagine Boston and Philly would be two favs if they do go back to it
    I don't think the Eagles have enough seats. Thats what they were saying on 97.5 anyway. Not sure about NE

vCash
    GB and Pitt are too risky with how nasty and below freezing thier weather is. I honestly dont think GB will ever see one.
    What? The weather in Pittsburgh on Super Bowl Sunday was actually warmer and nicer than NYC/NJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I don't think the Eagles have enough seats. Thats what they were saying on 97.5 anyway. Not sure about NE
    Both stadiums have plenty of space for temp seats.

Gillette Stadium sits 68,750, with space for 72,000 with temp seats. Very nice luxury suites.
    Lincoln Financial Field sits 68,570 with space for 70,000 with temp seats. And there with all the extra space they could ultimately have a giant part at Wells Fargo Center and sell tickets to watch on a giant screen inside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I know you're for a cold weather SB again, but people that use this excuse are using a poor excuse. Saying the dodged a bullet is like saying they pay refs to make games close.

vCash
    Personally I don't like it...I want to see the two best teams with no possible excuses for weather. For instance had it been a messy snow storm this past SB many would have said the Seahawks had the advantage. I prefer warm weather or indoors so we don't question the clear cut winner.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    the fact that everyone know they dodged a bullet this year makes me think we wont be seeing it again
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    I agree with this. But, GB recently bought 28 acres outside the stadium to make a "strip". Can't wait. I do thin Minny will get one soon after their stadium is up.
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...101/100722122/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    I agree with this. But, GB recently bought 28 acres outside the stadium to make a "strip". Can't wait. I do thin Minny will get one soon after their stadium is up.
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...101/100722122/
    See my previous post quoting this. Pitt is actually not as bad as you think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Personally I don't like it...I want to see the two best teams with no possible excuses for weather. For instance had it been a messy snow storm this past SB many would have said the Seahawks had the advantage. I prefer warm weather or indoors so we don't question the clear cut winner.
    Not having weather to deal with gives an advantage to teams that don't prepare themselves for it. Teams like PIT, NE, PHI, NYJ, NYG, DEN etc. all have to build their teams expecting to play cold weather playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl. By making weather a potential factor in the Super Bowl you force all teams to prepare themselves for adverse conditions or potentially suffer the consequences of not being built for it. It may be more advantageous to one team in particular matchup but from a bigger picture perspective I think it evens things up for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    maybe not at the moment but i know the plan is to fill in more seats on 1 or 2 of the open corners of the stadium. i think we seat 60-65k right now so another 10k or so should work plus we do standing room tix for birds game so i wonder if thats allowed at the sB?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast