Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mock Offseason Advice

I got CLE for the mock offseason, I plan on loading up Game Pass and studying this week but I was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to give me any advice on what personnel adjustments I should make.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSized View Post
    I got CLE for the mock offseason, I plan on loading up Game Pass and studying this week but I was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to give me any advice on what personnel adjustments I should make.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!
    I would say you need to re-work the offensive line a bit now that it appears we're going to be switching to a zone blocking scheme. Also target upgrades at areas like QB, RB, WR, ILB, and FS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I would say you need to re-work the offensive line a bit now that it appears we're going to be switching to a zone blocking scheme. Also target upgrades at areas like QB, RB, WR, ILB, and FS.
    Yeah, I figured on D FS and ILB for sure.

QB and RB are obviously coming.

Overall it's a pretty solid foundation.

Give me the skinny on Craig Robertson, looks like he got beat around pretty good. I thought he had potential but didn't play up to expectation?

I'll see what I can do as far as going to the ZBS but that can be tricky to retool like that. Hopefully i can get Mack back.

It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash

Give me the skinny on Craig Robertson, looks like he got beat around pretty good. I thought he had potential but didn't play up to expectation?

I'll see what I can do as far as going to the ZBS but that can be tricky to retool like that. Hopefully i can get Mack back.
    Robertson regressed throughout the year. Horton was big on him before the season so there was some hype for him going into the season but he just didn't perform all that well. He was often picked on in coverage and just wasn't quite up to the task in the run game. He's more than likely going to be demoted to a backup next season.

vCash

I would not count on it. He will not be franchised as he the OL tag does not decipher positions but rather all OL. Therefore he would be getting paid top left tackle money. I do not see the Browns matching the high offers he will get either (talked at length in other threads).

There have been discussions that Greco is versatile and possibly being moved to Center, and Schwartz moving into Guard. Pinkston, Faulk and Gilkey are all still around as well. Thomas, Pinkston, Greco, Schwartz, Faulk from left to right would be my guess if the season started tomorrow and Mack was not with the team. Faulk and Pinkston are both coming off injuries so it will be interesting to see if they are able to get back to form. Faulk has no NFL experience as he was an UDFA out of LSU due to the ACL injury which would be scary to start him. I would assume a RT will be drafted unless they feel Schwartz can man the outside in which case a guard should be targeted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    I would not count on it. He will not be franchised as he the OL tag does not decipher positions but rather all OL. Therefore he would be getting paid top left tackle money. I do not see the Browns matching the high offers he will get either (talked at length in other threads).

There have been discussions that Greco is versatile and possibly being moved to Center, and Schwartz moving into Guard. Pinkston, Faulk and Gilkey are all still around as well. Thomas, Pinkston, Greco, Schwartz, Faulk from left to right would be my guess if the season started tomorrow and Mack was not with the team. Faulk and Pinkston are both coming off injuries so it will be interesting to see if they are able to get back to form. Faulk has no NFL experience as he was an UDFA out of LSU due to the ACL injury which would be scary to start him. I would assume a RT will be drafted unless they feel Schwartz can man the outside in which case a guard should be targeted.
    I meant for in terms of this game. I'm tagging Ward, there's no question about that. I was thinking about moving Schwartz to RG too, another think I was going to ask about. I know at one point I read that was an option.

I like Faulk's potential but I would probably get beat up in this game for starting him unfortunately.

Thanks for the help guys.