Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Arnett Moultrie "sick of the excuses" for why he's not playing

This is very strange. I don't have a clue as to what's going on, but Moultrie is pissed off and it's not good. Believes he should be playing already and says he's been good to go for a month now.

He claims they're holding him out for reasons unrelated to his ankle and conditioning.

Michael Levin ‏@Michael_Levin:

Some yikes quotes from Moultrie courtesy of @ChrisVito. "Itís not my ankle. Itís not my conditioning. At this point, I really donít care."
    Christopher A. Vito ‏@ChrisVito:

#Sixers Arnett Moultrie: "I'm sick of all the excuses." Said his ankle and conditioning are not reasons he's been told he's not playing yet.
    http://sixersdish.blogspot.com/2014/...t-sick-of.html

NEW YORK Ė The 76ersí Arnett Moultrie sounded off Monday about the delayed debut to his sophomore season.

Moultrie missed all of training camp and the first two months of the regular season due to rehab related to a surgically repaired right ankle, which he injured in offseason workouts. He first practiced with the Sixers Dec. 31, and has been a participant in on-court activities ever since.

Moultrie rebuffed the reason thatís been given by Sixers coach Brett Brown, who has said the second-year forward remains inactive while getting into basketball shape.

ďItís not my ankle. Itís not my conditioning,Ē Moultrie said, before the Sixers played the Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center. ďBut at this point, I really donít care. Iím just sick of all the excuses. If it ainít one thing, itís another thing.Ē

When pressed for the specific reason heís been given for why heís yet to play, Moultrie declined.

ďIíd rather not say,Ē he said.

The 6-10, 240-pound Moultrie, who was inactive against the Nets, has missed the seasonís first 48 games, after averaging 3.7 points and 3.1 rebounds in 47 games as a rookie. The Mississippi State product, who works out in pregame with assistant coach Lloyd Pierce, returned to the locker room Monday with heavy sweat rings around his shirt.

ďIíve been good for the last month,Ē Moultrie said.

vCash
    Weird. I'm somewhat bothered by this.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    All schnap. Moultrie going in!

vCash
    hmm this is very odd and interested in seeing were this goes...

vCash
    It's why tanking is tough. Obviously others have to make sacrifices to there career. And it is really not fair to ask them to.

vCash
    Moultrie doesnt hurt the tank this is definitely concerning a bit

vCash
    I wouldn't don't think playing Moultrie makes us a better team. Brown needs to play a big man, and it's way better to play him over Lavoy. Plus he has basically zero NBA experience. I don't think they need to tank to get a top pick, especially after Turner is traded.

vCash
    Very curious.

Also, very unprofessional for him to go public like that.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I can't imagine we're just holding him out if he's truly ready to play, unless he's done something detrimental to the team behind the scenes. Just doesn't make any sense.

My only guess is that he's really just not where they want him to be with his conditioning. But he feels like he's ready to play anyways, and that they're unfairly holding him out? Man, who knows. Very weird.

vCash
    We had three bigs dressed tonight. Going for one of the worst records in league. Why would we give two ***** if his conditioning isn't quite there? If he played 8 minutes, that 8 minutes rest for the other three.

Really hope someone asks brown about AM post game.
    Last edited by MylesKong; 02-03-2014 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    Yeah this is really weird. Has to be something going on, though - really strange to see a guy of Moultrie's standing go in like this, especially when he hasn't been particularly outspoken in the past.

vCash
    ^my only thought is they they want to show case the other bigs that they're trying to trade...

vCash
    ^ Telling me you can't find 10 minutes a night with Davies out?
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Im really hoping the coaching staff/front office had a sit down talk with him after his comments to explain why he isnt playing...but if they are leaving this kid in the dark then they really need to think about how they treat their players...

vCash
    Maybe Brown thinks Moultrie is the next coming of KG, and can single-handedly propel us into playoff contention...

...no? OK.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast