Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Question Trade Kris Letang? We might be better off.

I am a Kris Letang fan but more importantly I am a Pittsburgh Penguins fan. It certainly is no secret that the current Penguins roster has some glaring holes in it. From Crosby's right wing to both wings on the third line to a fourth line that is constantly in flux and last but not least, a defense that seems more concerned with trying to score goals then actually playing defense. So how does all of that get fixed? Well, I'm not entirely sure that all of that can be fixed with just one move, but, there is one move that Shero could do that would hopefully fix some of those issues. Trade Kris Letang.

That's right, say bye-bye to Kris Letang. What the Penguins could get in return for Letang would and should be quite a hall. There is a lot of different routes Shero could take when thinking about trading Letang. He could attempt to land a right winger for Crosby, maybe shore up the wings on the third line or maybe just ask for a slew of draft picks and save the $7,250,000 that Letang is set to be owed starting next year and continuing through to the 2021/22 season.

I understand this is becoming a hot button issue for Pens fans. There are strong arguments to made for and against a Letang trade. My two cents are to trade him and plug some of the holes that desperately need to be plugged. I simply can't help but feel that $7,250,000 is a lot of dough to pay someone who seems to injured more then they're healty. Besides, with the emergences of Oli Maatta and Derrick Pouliot waiting in the wings, Kris Letang becomes expendable in my book.

What do you think?

vCash
    I proposed this question in one of the earlier threads this season but I am in favor of trading him. Like you said, with Dupuis going down and our 3rd line not even comparing to those of past years, we could bolster our depth and perhaps save some money in the process. I know Crosby plays well with Dupuis and Kunitz, but for that short period when we had Hossa, watching the two of them was something else.

I know this may not be the best example, considering how much Dallas overpaid, but Goligoski got us Neal and Niskanen... aka, a 1st line winger and a top 4 defensemen.

I hate trying to determine value but if Letang could fetch us a top 6 winger and a 3rd line winger, I would probably be for it

vCash
    trade him yes. the right package though. Bennett on Crosby wing when he comes back should take care of sids wing. I say a solid two way forward for the third line a very good prospect at forward and a number 1 pick will be fair return.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    not that this has anything to do with letang but I just read that the pens are a very strong possibility for marty brodeur would love a brodeur jagr coming to the pens. will always love jagr watching him in early 90's cups was just awesome.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    I proposed this question in one of the earlier threads this season but I am in favor of trading him. Like you said, with Dupuis going down and our 3rd line not even comparing to those of past years, we could bolster our depth and perhaps save some money in the process. I know Crosby plays well with Dupuis and Kunitz, but for that short period when we had Hossa, watching the two of them was something else.

I know this may not be the best example, considering how much Dallas overpaid, but Goligoski got us Neal and Niskanen... aka, a 1st line winger and a top 4 defensemen.

I hate trying to determine value but if Letang could fetch us a top 6 winger and a 3rd line winger, I would probably be for it

Goligoski was still a prospect at the time letang is more proven so should net more. Niskanen had fallen out of favor and ws a salary dump at time
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    not that this has anything to do with letang but I just read that the pens are a very strong possibility for marty brodeur would love a brodeur jagr coming to the pens. will always love jagr watching him in early 90's cups was just awesome.
    I don't see that happening. I've been wrong in the past, plenty wrong in fact, but we don't have a huge need in net, especially at backup, and I'm not sure they would ask for Jagr considering the drama and scorn ever since he snubbed us

vCash
    what if the pens do a Brent Burns type of thing and possibly move Letang to winger position with all the depth the pens have at defense and young prospects possibly being nhl ready next year. Just a thought because of his speed and offensive skills and also the turnovers he's been having in the defensive zone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    I don't see that happening. I've been wrong in the past, plenty wrong in fact, but we don't have a huge need in net, especially at backup, and I'm not sure they would ask for Jagr considering the drama and scorn ever since he snubbed us

ya I don't see it happening but I can dream
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackngold6 View Post
    what if the pens do a Brent Burns type of thing and possibly move Letang to winger position with all the depth the pens have at defense and young prospects possibly being nhl ready next year. Just a thought because of his speed and offensive skills and also the turnovers he's been having in the defensive zone.
    burns played forward before to my knowledge letang hasn't it would take some work for him to learn position
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    They should have traded his *** in the offseason when his stock was at its highest. He is a good player but his skills are not suited for this team.

vCash
    Man I was all for trading Letang prior to his contract extension and I got shot down pretty hard for it lol I'm glad more people are joining in. He should of been traded months ago!

vCash
    if he works on it in the offseason he could make the transition possibly next year. Engelland has played forward for most of the season and has done well in the position.

vCash
    unless he turns into patrick kane he makes way too much to be a winger...we would be better off trading him

vCash
    I agree. His contract only warrants him making that much if he becomes a better defenseman or a great winger, anything less and he is overpaid. Offensive defensemen are always sought after at the trade deadline, let alone someone of Letang's skill. I'm sure there are better suitors out there, but the first team that comes to mind is Edmonton. They need defensive help and we could use some offensive depth, which they have a ton of

vCash
    Any idea what illness he has? Hearing it's uncertain if he'll return this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast