Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Suns looking to trade for Pau Gasol

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...kers-pau-Gasol prob Meka , one of the Morris twins and a 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123:27911137
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...kers-pau-Gasol prob Meka , one of the Morris twins and a 1st.
    Unlikely anything more than emeka. If LA wants more than that they can enjoy their lux tax issues

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Unlikely anything more than emeka. If LA wants more than that they can enjoy their lux tax issues
    I'm sure they will get one of those 3 1st round picks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    LOL, no way they are getting that haul. I think this story is BS. But if it is legit i think it will be meka and indys first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    The Lakers have 2 goals:

1) get a draft pick or two for compensating Gasol's loss so they can rebuild

2) get under the luxury tax threshold by the deadline so that they don't become a repeater tax team heading into next season.

With a straight up Gasol-Okafor swap, the Lakers will be less than $3M away from getting under the luxury tax threshold.

I see the Lakers trying to get rid of maybe someone like Steve Blake (who is said to return by this Tuesday) in addition to Gasol. Blake has an expiring $4M contract.

I think if the Suns add one of the Morris brothers, the deal could work as long as Blake/Gasol are within 125% of salaries of either Morris brother + Okafor. (or is it 75%, not sure)

With Bledsoe out right now, Blake would be an awesome backup for Dragic, and going into the playoffs, that team could use a veteran guy like Blake. If Blake doesn't pan out, doesn't matter as he is an expiring contract anyways.

Gasol: $19,285,850 (expiring)
    Blake: $4,000,000 (expiring)

Total 23,285,850

Markief Morris $2,091,840 (with 2 yrs left)
    Okafor $14,487,500 (expiring)
    Slava Kratsov $1,500,000 (expiring)

Total $18,019,340

18,019,340/23,285,850 = 77%

So essentially:

Lakers get Kratsov, Markief Morris, Okafor and a 2014 1st rd pick

Suns get Gasol and Blake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    LOL, no way they are getting that haul. I think this story is BS. But if it is legit i think it will be meka and indys first
    Doubt it's BS because earlier this week their was a report of the Cats and Suns being buyers this deadline to improve their playoff chance . Gasol on the Suns would be a very good move and if the Lakers get a 1st this year with an expiring it's good for them too .

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    The Suns would be dangerous with Gasol.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Yea I mean including indy's pick won't hurt too much and getting Pau could be very beneficial to your playoff push while not hurting your long term flexibility. But I don't see you giving up anymore than that and honestly the lakers should take that an be happy.

vCash
    Lakers have a better chance getting the less talented Morris brother but yea another player will have to be added from Phx side regardless . That trade suggested above makes a lot of sense .

vCash
    And for you Suns fans, going forward, there is no way you can pay both Morris brothers and keep them along with paying Dragic and with Bledsoe being a restricted free agent, and with Gerald Green balling and finding his game and maturity after so many years in the league.

It's better to have a veteran and proven championship guy like Pau with a Morris brother rather than both Morris brothers and hoping those 2 can grow together to one day compete for a title. You go for the win now, not 3-4 yrs down the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    The Lakers have 2 goals:

2) get under the luxury tax threshold by the deadline so that they don't become a repeater tax team heading into next season.

With a straight up Gasol-Okafor swap, the Lakers will be less than $3M away from getting under the luxury tax threshold.

I see the Lakers trying to get rid of maybe someone like Steve Blake (who is said to return by this Tuesday) in addition to Gasol. Blake has an expiring $4M contract.

I think if the Suns add one of the Morris brothers, the deal could work as long as Blake/Gasol are within 125% of salaries of either Morris brother + Okafor. (or is it 75%, not sure)

With Bledsoe out right now, Blake would be an awesome backup for Dragic, and going into the playoffs, that team could use a veteran guy like Blake. If Blake doesn't pan out, doesn't matter as he is an expiring contract anyways.

Total 23,285,850

Total $18,019,340

So essentially:

Suns get Gasol and Blake
    No chance of us throwing in Markeiff Morris in this deal

vCash
    The Lakers have 2 goals:

Total 23,285,850

Total $18,019,340

So essentially:

Suns get Gasol and Blake
    I don't see the suns moving one of the brothers.

vCash
    And for you Suns fans, going forward, there is no way you can pay both Morris brothers and keep them along with paying Dragic and with Bledsoe being a restricted free agent, and with Gerald Green balling and finding his game and maturity after so many years in the league.

It's better to have a veteran and proven championship guy like Pau with a Morris brother rather than both Morris brothers and hoping those 2 can grow together to one day compete for a title. You go for the win now, not 3-4 yrs down the line.
    Pau will be a rental for this year, thats it. We arnt giving up Markeiff in this deal. It just wont happen.

vCash
    Lol at the wonder twins being stuck together to prevent them for being better this year

vCash
    Pau will be a rental for this year, thats it. We arnt giving up Markeiff in this deal. It just wont happen.
    Of course it will. Why do you think Pau will leave PHX? If their medical staff revive his career, and the Suns get to the 2nd rd this yr, why wouldn't Gasol stay with a team that wanted him?

Hornaceck will make sure Pau get's his touches. You tend to forget that Horny played with the 2nd greatest PF ever in Karl Malone, so he understand's the value of someone like Pau. And Pau wouldn't even have to do as much in carrying the load. Just do what he does as a scoring threat in the post when the game slows down in the playoffs. And then get his 8+ rebounds a game (btw he's average 10 this season).

Going forward, you guys WILL NOT be able to keep both Morris brothers, with Dragic, and Bledsoe being a restricted FA this summer, with Gerald Green, and you also have to pay your rookies when their rookie contracts expire.

Don't just think for the now, think for the now AND going forward financially in this new tough CBA that everyone has to deal with.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast