Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade Deadline Thread

This is a thread for any rumors, grumblings, I heard from a friends friend what is going on at this year's two deadlines (before and after the deadline) relating to the Red Wings.

So far what ive read/heard besides what Ansar had in his trade article where he interviewed Holland. The night NYR GM started to allow teams to talk to Callahan's agent Detroit had a scout at that game between I believe it was the Rangers and Islanders. Could me we were there scouting either Callahan or Vanek or both.

Im not too interested in Hemsky, or paying the price for a Callahan or Eberle. Gabby may be on the deadline block, and I would be interested if he got healthy and would sign a 2-3 year contract (not long term).

Im not sure what Vanek would cost, and would be for him, but with the undeniable rumor that he wants to hit FA and all the connections to MN I dont think he is worth a what we would have to give up.

Defensively there is Girardi as the only name I have really heard out there. I would love to grab him. I dont know what it would take, and I know he doesnt fit the greatest but he could really help eat some hard minutes and not to mention he is RH.

Carolina had in earlier January sent out an email to every team on Tuomo Ruutu, a player I know we were interested in before he re-signed in Carolina. He seems set on trading him. If he would eat half of the contract (making his hit just above 2m) he doesnt add really the skill or goal scoring we need but would then be a cheap hitting third line C/W. Cap dump (Cleary,Bert,Tootoo)+Almquist+Ferraro get it done? I just see it as a way to dump some contracts and get a useful player in return. Nothing dramatic, just thinking a way of adding another physical side to our line up. He could fill a top 6 physical role while Franzen is out and I beleive Ruutu is more skilled with the puck then Abby.

Alright who else has heard something or what would you like to see.

vCash
    Don't think Detroit does anything.

Ryan Callahan apparently wants 5.5M per on a long-term deal. If this was a full season, he'd be on pace for 44 points. He's also nearly 29 years old and plays an injury prone style.

Dan Girardi is rumored to be negioating with the Rangers. Hearing 5.5M per over 6 years or 6M per over 4 years. I think it was something like that.

Tomas Vanek is not worth it. He'll likely hit the market, though if he re-signs, probably upward to 8M per over 6 years. Considering he went for a big trade already, he's not really worth it.

Marian Gaborik is interesting. He's so injury prone, but I love his skill. He can create. Worth taking some experience off of Nyquist though? Makes sense if Z and Dats are together. Columbus is in the race though.

Tuomu Ruutu seems pointless to me. Landon Ferraro or Mitch Callahan could come up and play a similar role. Too many forwards right now, and a lot of young ones.

I don't know. I'd be interested in an expiring top six'er though depending on the injuries. Cheap deal to get Ray Whitney, Jaromir Jagr, Marian Gaborik, etc. I just don't expect much. Maybe Joakim Andersson dealt?

vCash
    Honestly, team is expected to be healthy after the break. With this team healthy, I'd say top three team in the East. I know it's a big "if". If problems happen, aquire a cheap top six talent. Don't trade too much as this player will likely be gone. I don't want to take chances away from the kids neither. Tatar, Nyquist and Sheahan are all like .60+ PPG. We need to give Stephen Weiss a chance when he's back, and Abdelkader has been so great.

So you've got

Henrik Zetterberg
    Pavel Datsyuk
    Johan Franzen
    Daniel Alfredsson
    Gustav Nyquist
    Tomas Tatar
    Justin Abdelkader
    Stephen Weiss
    Riley Sheahan
    Drew Miller
    Darren Helm
    Patrick Eaves
    Joakim Andersson
    Dan Cleary
    Tomas Jurco
    Luke Glendening

All expected to be healthy up front.

I'd deal Joakim Andersson for a 4th, possibly a conditional 3rd. Sheahan and Glendening bring more 5 on 5.

We could possibly aquire a right handed #4-6 in place of Brian Lashoff/Jakub Kindl. Not many right handed guys so possibly Ron Hainsey.

Mike Cammalleri interests me if there's still injury problems post-break. That's taking away a PP spot though.

vCash
    Alexander Edler is popping back up in trade rumors, and this time is being connected to the Detroit Red Wings. The Fourth Period is reporting that Detroit general manager Ken Holland has continued to pursue the veteran defenseman, and has been discussing a possible deal with Vancouver since last summer.

The two teams were close to finalizing a deal for Edler before his new contract extension kicked in on July 1, but were unable to reach an agreement. The Vancouver Province reported on the possible deal at the end of November. As per their report:
    An older article but interesting none the less.

Source: http://fansided.com/2013/12/23/nhl-t...-edler/#!ue7pc

vCash
    Possible deal was massive if I remember correctly. I think it was Jarnkrok, Tatar, Smith, and a 1st.

vCash
    I dont think Detroit does either, its just a way to follow the rumors and talk about the deadline.

I think Sheahan is going to get sent back down once we are healthy. We cant really send Bert or Cleary and I dont think we would anyways there way too good of locker room guys.

Im not ok with dealing Andy. He is a real defensively responsible center that can be our fourth line guys for years. He is also one of our best faceoff guys. If Weiss comes back the 2C he is suppose to be its Dats-Weiss-Helm-Andy. Perfectly fine line up there, and if Z has to shift to 2C its still a fine line up down the middle.

I would be all for Cammy, but word for CAL is they are trying to re-sign him and keep the core of Gio and him. Good idea, need to start somewhere.

I would love a Kindl based trade for Franson/Boyle/Demers just a right handed D that makes less mistakes and can give us a better PP player then Kindl is.

Im not a huge Moulson fan, and I know Buf needs to do well in trading him, but I think he would be a good addition for a top 6 guy and for us to make a playoff run. Plus he probably isnt looking for the money that Callahan, Gabby and Vanek are looking for.

My untouchables are Nyquist-Tats-DDK-Jurco-Sheahan-Pulu-Sproul-Backman-Ironhook
    My hard to get but would dangle for the right piece- XO, Marchenko, AA2, Janmark
    My would use as a piece that may intrigue some people to add to a draft pick- Ferraro, AA1

AA1, Ferraro and Callahan all have to make it through waivers next season. That is just not going to happen. Out of the three I would like to keep Callahan because he is a bit more skilled and bigger/faster Tootoo.

Ive also heard STL is danging Chris Stewart. Could fill Mule's spot and is a RH powerforward type. Might be worth ponying up some assets I just have no clue what they would want from us in return.

vCash
    Thats not the deal I remember hearing at all for Edler. It was based around Smith/Tatar+1st+One of XO or (AA2+another piece). Detroit knows what they have in Ironhook, I dont think they would have let him go after just getting him across the ocean.

vCash
    Vanek denies an extension from NYI. Now I think he fits the rental price point, and I would be willing to pay for him as a rental then try to sell him on the franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Vanek denies an extension from NYI. Now I think he fits the rental price point, and I would be willing to pay for him as a rental then try to sell him on the franchise.
    Pidg I'm guessing he's looking around 7.5M over 8 years or so.. That's too much for sure. I'd rather stick it out, and grab Nikolai Goldobin with the 23rd pick or so. Kid to take a look on. Possible bust, possible offensive top six'er that can create.

vCash
    Cap is going to rise significantly this summer and probably for years after that as well. Count me in on the Vanek train but I want no part of him if it's going to cost us any of the core kids (Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Mantha, etc.). I don't mind us moving our 1st but only if Holland thinks he has a really good chance at re-signing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    I thought this article was interesting: The Lightning have about $3 million salary cap space, and GM Steve Yzerman may be looking to add blueline depth or possibly going after a top-four. Options could be Andrew MacDonald and Kyle Quincey. Yzerman may not want to trade some of their youngsters and maybe looking at a long-term player over a rental.

I don't think the Wings will do anything at the tradedeadline . They don't have much cap space, so to bring someone in they will have to shed salary.

vCash
    Quincey has been really good and is clearly the fourth best defenseman on this team. Babs really hurt Quincey with his role change. He made him a defensive defenseman where he was good defensively before but more offensively gifted. He'sdoing the same thing with Smith

vCash
    I know what Vanek is looking for term and $ wise, but with them coming out and publicly saying that he denied an extension im thinking he would be cheaper to get. If we are in a good spot come deadline I have no problem giving up something for him as a rental. Not much, since his price should be down. But maybe once he is here playing on the wing of Dats or Z (a star center he hasnt really had until now) he may change his mind and sign. I also think the $ rumors on him are too high. He will end up around 8 years 6.5m.

vCash
    He's 30, Pidg.

vCash
    Lol again I know this, im not saying I want him for that I am just saying I think that is what he ends up getting from some team thats all.

If we could get him for that hit for say 4ish years though I would be all over him.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast