Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KD to DC?

vCash

KD to DC?

Yeah I know there are people here who laugh at this. And I know that OKC will likely give him a big deal for him to stay. However if he does leave, I think he could return home. He mentioned that he loved going to Wizards games and going to MCI and riding on the Metro and that his heart will remain here. He mentioned that he has a lot of friends here. The Wizards will also have Wall and Beal, and if they continue to improve like they have, that might be a good place to go if he does leave OKC.
    Last edited by j-bay; 02-02-2014 at 05:24 PM.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    shouldn't this be in the trade proposal forum?
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    We could literally make this place about Lakers, Knicks, Rockets, Heat, Spurs.

The only tie is he's from the area.

He's going to make his decision on legacy, winning, and personnel rather than based off of where he's from unless he's a guy like Melo that thinks about only going home.

vCash
    It's raptors if he's leaving okc.

vCash
    Serious question: how many max-level FAs in NBA history have ever 'gone home'? I'm sure there must be some, but none immediately jump out at me.
    Expand to soon-to-be-FAs who forced trades home, too.

vCash
    Melo and TMac come to mind.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Melo was the one that came to my mind, too, but I really don't know enough about him to know if that's really 'home' or not. Last time I mentioned it being his home on here someone who seemed to know more than me pointed out that Baltimore is really more his home. With guys from the LA, CHI, NYC, etc it's also hard to distinguish between wanting to go home and wanting to go to the same big cities everyone else wants to go to.

TMac is a good one, though. I was relatively young, does someone who was around want to weigh in on the circumstances surrounding that? How much do you think it was because it was home, and how much of it was the situation - capspace, Hill, the TD thing, etc?

vCash
    Where ever he feels he can win he will play for.

vCash
    Everybody with money will chase him but I think he will retire with the Thunder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    It's raptors if he's leaving okc.
    this.

vCash
    I think he'll go to Milwaukee

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter:27912039
    Everybody with money will chase him but I think he will retire with the Thunder.
    KD is incredibly young so anybody who judges where his career ends is super speculative. Paul Pierce wanted to retire a Celtic and it seemed like Ainge wanted to do it too but what happened later was that Ainge sent him to the extravagant Nets to get picks. A GM bears enormous burden, which sometimes force him to do the surprising trades like sending away their marque players
    So, i think it is pointless to discuss it right now.

vCash
    I think he will go to Kabul.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I think the Townsville crocs are a chance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Melo was the one that came to my mind, too, but I really don't know enough about him to know if that's really 'home' or not. Last time I mentioned it being his home on here someone who seemed to know more than me pointed out that Baltimore is really more his home. With guys from the LA, CHI, NYC, etc it's also hard to distinguish between wanting to go home and wanting to go to the same big cities everyone else wants to go to.

TMac is a good one, though. I was relatively young, does someone who was around want to weigh in on the circumstances surrounding that? How much do you think it was because it was home, and how much of it was the situation - capspace, Hill, the TD thing, etc?
    Melo came home. He lived in NYC until he was 8. I would've considered that to be my real home too if in all my growing years since birth I lived there. He was in Baltimore from 9 to 17.

But anyway, I think it was both with T-Mac. The magic really had such a grand plan at the time to the point Timmy was so close to going there. Plus I think T-Mac wanted out of VC's shadow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast