Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick

vCash

Michael Vick

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Two teams likely to have some level of interest in Eagles free-agent-to-be QB Michael Vick: Buccaneers and Jets.
    Twitter

Please not this guy. And it has nothing to do with the dogs. not enough upside for the distraction.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpjets View Post
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Two teams likely to have some level of interest in Eagles free-agent-to-be QB Michael Vick: Buccaneers and Jets.
    Twitter

Please not this guy. And it has nothing to do with the dogs. not enough upside for the distraction.
    You know, at first I thought the same as you did but then I thought why not? He is a mobile QB with enough drive to push Geno and enough humility to tutor him. He is a great backup and if he turns out to beat Geno out of the starting job, then Geno wasn't meant to be the franchise guy this year. He could sit and watch till Vick got injured which would be about 4 games and then come in with a chip.
    I like Vick. But I am guessing he will end up with Tampa. He has a better chance to start there.

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

vCash
    Horrible to even think about

vCash
    Wouldn't mind it at all.. Would b an immediate n hopefully affordable upgrade!!!
    We got this!!!

vCash
    The Jets need to bring in a vet to compete with Geno, but I wouldn't bring in Vick. I'd rather bring in a QB that is less likely to get hurt if he wins the QB job.

vCash
    I would absolutely do this. If he wins the job, he is very capable when healthy. If Gino outplays him, then it is a sign that he took the next step, and if Gino got injured, then we have a QB that can still take a team to the playoffs with our D and added weapons on offense

vCash
    I just say no to Vick. He's not exactly a good QB, and can't stay on the field. He was mediocre in Philly with those WR's.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Do the Jets need a vet QB to push Geno? Yes.

Would that QB preferably have knowledge of MWeg's system? Yes and he's had success with that system.

Would the MVick accept a mentor's role if Geno wins the starting spot outright? He's done it in Philly with good results, so if he didn't win the position outright, then it seems he would.

Yes! to MVick.

vCash
    i hope vick slips out of the shower today and tears every piece of cartilage in both knees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steve4x4 View Post
    i hope vick slips out of the shower today and tears every piece of cartilage in both knees.
    Wow! Did he cause severe injury to you or someone close to you?

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Wow! Did he cause severe injury to you or someone close to you?
    if you have to ask that question, then you wont like or agree with the response anyway...vick is below scum.

vCash
    if you have to ask that question, then you wont like or agree with the response anyway...vick is below scum.
    Not a big believer in things like redemption, or forgiveness or second chances I'm guessing? The guy paid his debt, and has been a model of a reformed citizen who has learned his lesson and changed.

vCash
    Why?
    Yes, he treated animals inhumanely and that is an atrocity. I personally feel that he has made a sincere effort to right that wrong or at least show that he has changed his stance and understands how offensive and deplorable that behavior was.
    Wishing career ending injury and pain to another person essentially puts you on the same level as him regarding his past transgressions. If you made that right after he was arrested, I would understand the response as impassioned but to make it this long after the fact?
    If you wished that he shart his pants in public for the next moth to cause him humiliation and embarrassment, that would be creative and funny but cause n bodily harm.
    He is well liked in his locker room. He showed growth and maturity by accepting a back up role and became a mentor instead of complaining. I hope he gets out of the shower and has a nice day.

vCash
    No...noooo and noooooooooooooooo....

Now with that being said..I hate to say this guys..Geno is not the qb I thought he'd be. He's just another Mark Sanchez who can't handle the spotlight and ends up doing stupid things on the side instead of focusing on football. I look at last nights game with Russell Wilson and that's a guy who's what..25 years old? But the kid is FOCUSED 100% on football and does NOT make mistakes. I bet you won't hear about Russell Wilson going out with other girls while is gf is sitting at home. I'm just saying it's a matter of priority I don't care what he does in his private life but it's impacting his performance on the field and at the very least it's distracting no matter what anyone says.

We need to find a qb who is dedicated to the craft of being a QB and ofcourse you need to have talent....but unfortunately for Geno he has the talent but not the head.......

Moh Town!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan125 View Post
    No...noooo and noooooooooooooooo....

Now with that being said..I hate to say this guys..Geno is not the qb I thought he'd be. He's just another Mark Sanchez who can't handle the spotlight and ends up doing stupid things on the side instead of focusing on football. I look at last nights game with Russell Wilson and that's a guy who's what..25 years old? But the kid is FOCUSED 100% on football and does NOT make mistakes. I bet you won't hear about Russell Wilson going out with other girls while is gf is sitting at home. I'm just saying it's a matter of priority I don't care what he does in his private life but it's impacting his performance on the field and at the very least it's distracting no matter what anyone says.

We need to find a qb who is dedicated to the craft of being a QB and ofcourse you need to have talent....but unfortunately for Geno he has the talent but not the head.......
    I agree. Many of us have said this.

That being said, he is still the most physically, gifted QB the Jets have ever had and because of that talent, he gets this year. I still hold out hope that he can get his head together and figure out how to play this position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast