Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Raptors

vCash

Toronto Raptors

I know they been inconsistent, but do guys give them any chance at beating the Heat or Pacers?

I think they would match-up better against the Pacers.

K. Lowry - G. Hill
    T. Ross - L. Stephenson
    D. DeRozan - P. George
    A. Johnson - D. West
    J. Valanciunas - R. Hibbert

Look I'm not saying they would beat the Pacers or Heat, but who knows maybe they'll play with a chip, because everyone keeps on saying Heat vs. Pacers is a lock for the ECF. The Raptors would need add another scorer off the bench. The Washington Wizards is another interesting team.

vCash
    They better hope they get some crap team like the Wizards, Nets or Bobcats. Heat and Pacers will murk them, but imo if they meet them in the 2nd round, it would be a good learning experience.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    They better hope they get some crap team like the Wizards, Nets or Bobcats. Heat and Pacers will murk them, but imo if they meet them in the 2nd round, it would be a good learning experience.
    Agree. This would be the most likely outcome. Well at least the western conference playoffs is going to be exciting.

vCash
    I think they could make a series interesting if they were matched up with either team. I could see them being kinda like the Pacers were that first year they played Chicago and challenged them.

vCash
    Yeah, two teams with lots of playoff experience.

We would get thrashed lol... If we got either of the two to 6 games, it would be nice.... Although, I would say that we might have a better shot against Indiana. The teams don't like each other, and we have Psycho T on our side this year

I'm actually hoping that we end up with Brooklyn or Washington, cause for some reason, we struggle against pretty much everyone else if we got them in the first round
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    Who knows maybe they will add an all star caliber player at the deadline that would make it interesting.

vCash
    It's not as unlikely as people probably think - their post-Gay record would make them a 53 win team if they did it for a season, and a 30-17 team right now if they'd done it all season so far - but Indy and Miami are still in another league. I would absolutely expect them to compete and win a game or two, but it's really hard to see them stepping it up to a high enough level to beat those teams in a series without having injury luck or whatever.

vCash
    i could actually see us taking indy to game 7
    we match up really well with them
    go home raptors, you're drunk

vCash
    I think Val needs one more year of development and they need a couple more role players of the bench. But next year they should be contending.

vCash
    Sadly the Raptors are looking more like the new-look Atlanta Hawks then the new-look Oklahoma City Thunder. There is a reason why we still hear reports that Lowry is on the block.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Sadly the Raptors are looking more like the new-look Atlanta Hawks then the new-look Oklahoma City Thunder. There is a reason why we still hear reports that Lowry is on the block.
    Why is that cause we don't have Durant? I only see them beating MIA barring injury to LBJ or some major melt down, as for Indy well in the last 6 games the Raps and Indy have three win each so it's not impossible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I agree. The core right now will not be more than a 1st/2nd round. We'd need a lot of internal growth to take the next step since it will be difficult to grow getting external players with salary situation and such. That depends a lot on Jonas to grow into a all star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Why is that cause we don't have Durant? I only see them beating MIA barring injury to LBJ or some major melt down, as for Indy well in the last 6 games the Raps and Indy have three win each so it's not impossible
    Forget about having a "Durant" only 2 teams have that. I'm not sure you have a top 30 player. I like your individual pieces. Lowry-Ross-Jonas and even Amir I like a lot. Maybe the Denver Nuggets is the more appropriate comparison. I think you can be competitive the whole season but there is definitely a ceiling on this team and I don't even know if it's as high as the Nuggets of the previous years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I agree. The core right now will not be more than a 1st/2nd round. We'd need a lot of internal growth to take the next step since it will be difficult to grow getting external players with salary situation and such. That depends a lot on Jonas to grow into a all star.
    So what do you think they should do?

vCash
    nah, we won't come close to indy/miami in the playoffs. All other things aside, this would be our team's first playoffs experience, and we all know it's a completely different game come april. We might see the second round by virtue of a weak eastern conference, but we are not ready to challenge for the conference crown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast