Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who would you hate to win the superbowl more: Seahawks or Raiders?

Which one would feel worse for you as a 49er fan?

The Raiders are our regional rivals and I am sure most 49er fans have hated the Raiders their whole life. If they won we would have to hear all our Raider friends talk ****.

The Seahawks are our division rivals and while the rivalry does not quite have the history, there is no denying how heated it is right now. If the Seahawks win we would have to put up with gloating from all the Seahawks posters on this site.

If someone could add a pole that would be great.

vCash
    This is really weird to me because I have hated the Raiders with a passion my whole life and I would much rather they win a superbowl and put up with some of my idiot friends then the Seahawks win and put up with the posters on this site.

vCash
    Seattle for me, I don't have the west coast california rivalry having been east coast bound my whole life.

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post

The Raiders are our regional rivals and I am sure most 49er fans have hated the Raiders their whole life. If they won we would have to hear all our Raider friends talk ****.

The Seahawks are our division rivals and while the rivalry does not quite have the history, there is no denying how heated it is right now. If the Seahawks win we would have to put up with gloating from all the Seahawks posters on this site.

I hate questions like this. Me and ORE always fight (well, more like I always own ) about this, but the Raiders have no business being our rivals. Being the AFC team from the bay area, I want to be able to root for the raider without catching flak from fellow 9ers fans.

Which makes the answer obviously the seahawks, but I don't see them passing 5 before we hit 6 so I am not worried. If seattle wins tomorrow my location will read "in reality: where 5 is greater than 1".

And poll is spelled "poll", stud.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    You can hate whatever you want, but the Raiders are obvious rivals. I cannot know for a fact, but I am sure more 49er fans than not do not also root for the Raiders.

Personally, I hate when 49er fans use the 5 super bowls argument whenever another team wins because I think it makes us look petty and only relying on history when we have so much to be proud of now.

To each their own, I guess.

vCash
    You can hate whatever you want, but the Raiders are obvious rivals. I cannot know for a fact, but I am sure more 49er fans than not do not also root for the Raiders.

Personally, I hate when 49er fans use the 5 super bowls argument whenever another team wins because I think it makes us look petty and only relying on history when we have so much to be proud of now.

To each their own, I guess.
    Inner state rivalries that are inter-conference can't compare to division rivalries. I live in PA and when the Eagles and Steelers play there is plenty of trash talk for about a week (Wed before to Wed after) bit after that it dies off completely, then they don't see each other again for years barring a SB. Division rivals you grow to hate because you see them every year, twice sometimes three times with a playoff matchup. Just don't think it can compare.

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah

vCash
    I grew up hating the raiders because that's what I was taught, but now I don't really care about them. There's no rivalry or argument and hasn't been for years. There's no reason for me to hate that team. It doesn't make sense to me. Yeah were both in the same area but were not in the same conference and play them once every four years in regular season.

vCash
    I agree with both of you for the most part, but I believe that is because the Raiders have sucked for so long. If they start winning at a high rate then I believe the rivalry would pick up and the trash talking would ensue. Basically, what has happened the last few years with the Seahawks as I actually rooted for them in the playoffs during the Hasselbeck years because there was not much of a rivalry then.

The Raiders/49ers rivalry has history, but is not that big right now due to the Raiders lack of success. The Seahawks/49ers rivalry is relatively new, but as passionate as any in sports at the moment.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I hate questions like this. Me and ORE always fight (well, more like I always own ) about this, but the Raiders have no business being our rivals. Being the AFC team from the bay area, I want to be able to root for the raider without catching flak from fellow 9ers fans.

Which makes the answer obviously the seahawks, but I don't see them passing 5 before we hit 6 so I am not worried. If seattle wins tomorrow my location will read "in reality: where 5 is greater than 1".

And poll is spelled "poll", stud.
    I'm actually going to go Seattle. I live in their area now and don't have to deal with Raider fans like I used to. Either would suck though.

vCash
    Honestly if Seattle didnt have Sherman and some of their classless bandwagoners i'd wish them luck. Not right now though.

The Raiders should just die.
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 02-02-2014 at 04:27 AM.

vCash

Lol as a raider fan I'm kind of going through this now, I would hate to see Denver win, I'm just glad that the Seattle beat the 49ers otherwise life would be pretty brutal right about now. Though to tell the truth I don't like Seattle that much either, I guess I just see them as the lesser of two evils.
    Last edited by ciaban; 02-02-2014 at 05:35 AM.

vCash
    I agree with both of you for the most part, but I believe that is because the Raiders have sucked for so long. If they start winning at a high rate then I believe the rivalry would pick up and the trash talking would ensue. Basically, what has happened the last few years with the Seahawks as I actually rooted for them in the playoffs during the Hasselbeck years because there was not much of a rivalry then.

The Raiders/49ers rivalry has history, but is not that big right now due to the Raiders lack of success. The Seahawks/49ers rivalry is relatively new, but as passionate as any in sports at the moment.
    Preseason history I guess, the teams hardly ever play each other, and when the Raiders were in LA, the rivalry was on hiatus for 13 years, during that time the raiders had a preseason rivalry with the Rams.

The Niners and cowboys had a pretty strong rivalry for a while, but I think most agree it has worn off quite a bit. Even though they aren't in the same division at least the Cowboys and Niners compete for wild card slots every now and again.

These teams are almost never competitive simultaneously other than the early to mid 80's where the Raiders and Niners won 4/5 superbowls, and the 2001-2002 seasons both teams made the playoffs both years I can't really think of any other time period. I mean both teams made the playoffs in 1990 and 1993, but the Raiders were in LA then.
    Last edited by ciaban; 02-02-2014 at 05:35 AM.

vCash
    Rivalries change from every few years to every few years and IMO only as good as the teams. When the 9ers were 2-14 did they really have any rivalries? I would say no.

I would say the 9ers/Raiders, 9ers/Rams, 9ers/Cowboys, 9ers/Packers, 9ers/Seattle have all been rivalries at some point or another. Just so happens it's 9ers/Seattle right now.

vCash
    I'm not in the Bay Area so that may make a difference, but we don't play the raiders enough for me to cre one way or another. They've been so laughable lately as well.

#TANK

vCash
    Raiders is not even in our conference, much less a division rival. No one hates the Hawks more than the 49ers.
    Last edited by eDush; 02-02-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast