Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pre-Olympic Break Gamethread: February 1-7

Like I said in the end of January thread, I'm just going to make two threads a month for two reasons. 1) We don't have enough regular posters to make them worthwhile and 2) It's pointless to have the place cluttered up with threads that only have 5 posts or so.

Anyway, we have, in order: Coyotes, Senators, Sabres, Rangers
    Let's Go Pens! - 16 Games Left

vCash
    malkin is an idiot. teams know if you frustrate him he gets stupid penalties like tonight grow up and play hockey you *******
    find some discipline and work ethic

vCash
    I don't think him taking the penalty made much of a difference in the final outcome but I agree, he needs to get his emotions in check and stop costing the team.

I really thought we were going to win the game heading into it but Mike Smith was on his game, and we were a bit off ours. Luckily for us, there is a quick turnaround and we're back at it tomorrow night

vCash
    malkin taking that penalty was the end all in the game but getting the pp instead of penalty kill would of given us a better chance.

main point is he has to get that part under control or he will continue to hurt are team.

vCash
    I think the fight was a draw, but Bortuzzo may have landed one of the hardest punches I have seen

vCash
    ya pretty even fight but Bortuzzo rocked him with that punch

vCash
    Anderson playing well

vCash
    flower been solid with times of amazing

vCash
    ot here we go 70 shots combined

vCash
    yes wow was just about to say neal aint done **** lately but there we go boys

vCash
    Fleury with the best save I have seen; Karlsson's reaction was priceless.

Neal had some great patience on that OT goal as well. I'd imagine it would be really difficult to restrain yourself from shooting immediately and wait for the better shot.

At this point, it really doesn't matter giving the Sens a point. As long as we continue to gain them, even single points occasionally, we will be in good shape

vCash
    When the Sabres scored first last night, I was worried it was going to be a night where we played down to our competition. Luckily that wasn't the case, far from it actually, and we managed to rattle off 5 against them, getting scoring from the stars and from the depth.

Thought I should give some credit to both Fleury and Gibbons for their play as of late. I know the Sabres aren't an offensive powerhouse but he had some nice saves last night and against the Senators. Gibbons has been a pleasant surprise as well. I don't think anyone expected this much production from him.

For as good as Fleury and Gibbons have played, I swear Sutter has blown chance after chance lately. It's not fair to compare him to Staal, which I'm not, but considering his skill set, he needs to start burying his opportunities. I know he only get's 3rd line minutes and doesn't have the best wingers but even taking that into account, he's been under performing lately

vCash
    I haven't really been able to jump into hockey fully yet. I don't know why but I haven't. Don't get me wrong I still watch most games but something just feels a little different this year. I'm hoping to get into my usual routine after the break.

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

It's Back!: Battling Bucs

vCash
    Any hope of Dupuis being able to return for a playoff run has been pretty much eliminated. I don't have the source in front of me but the Pens announced that Dupuis had successful surgery, will start rehabbing the knee, and only start training again in the summer for a return next season.

I suppose there's a very, very small chance that he could return if we made a deep playoff run but that would be contingent on pretty much everything going well and him being ahead of schedule. Even then, he will have been out for a few months and trying to return to playoff hockey on a surgically repaired knee, both ACL and MCL.

I'm going to assume Bylsma plugs Bennett in on Crosby's line which I think would actually be a good fit with he and Kunitz. Either that or Shero goes out and trades for a winger but even then, we'd be a few weeks away from acquiring him at the deadline

vCash
    For those of you who did not watch yesterday's Canada/US game or have not read the papers, it's been reported that Paul Martin has a hand injury and his return date is only somewhere around the playoffs.

Obviously there is still some uncertainty here because the Pens have not released an official statement and their doctors have not looked at him yet but if this is true, you can just tack it on the the already long list of injuries we've had this year. If he is out for a while, this is what we have D wise (I'm not even going to try and guess on pairings):

Orpik
    Niskanen
    Scuderi
    Maata
    Bortuzzo
    Engelland

Because Bylsma like to carry 7 defensemen, I'm guessing Despres will be recalled and be one of the regular 6, allowing Engelland to keep playing on the 4th line. With some guys (hopefully) returning from injuries post Olympic break, however, all of this is just guessing on my part

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast