1 11.11%
  • No. I wouldn't make the trade

6 66.67%
  • Hmm...let's talk

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

You're the GM: Ruben Tejada to the Dodgers

So, I've gotten involved in some pretty deep conversations regarding Ruben Tejada

I've talked myself into wanting him.

The Dodgers have a serious lack of depth in the infield. Chone Figgins looks like he has a decent shot of making the team, yeah, it's that bad.

Tejada would fill a pretty glaring need for a backup who can play SS.

I'm prepared to offer 1B O'Koyea Dickson

O’Koyea Dickson, 1B (5’11, 225, 24 years old)
    After a promising first half of 2012 — one that had him on the fast track to top prospect stardom — he’s come back to earth a bit. Dickson’s bat is his carrying tool, and he displays solid-average bat speed. He generates it from a quiet stance and gets some good torque in his swings. He has average, at best, power and a good eye at the plate. He’s a pull hitter and gets into trouble at times by not going the other way. He was a 10-percent walk rate guy at Great Lakes in 2012, but that number fell to 5.5 percent in 2013 at Rancho Cucamonga. That’s disturbing for a first baseman who doesn’t have plus-power potential.

Defensively, he’s decent at first base. He dabbled at third base (five games, five errors) and left field (one game) in 2013, but his future lies at first. He has better than expected speed for a big guy, but he’ll be no base-stealing threat. Dickson is slated to begin 2014 as Chattanooga’s starting first baseman, as the first base depth in the Dodgers’ system is thin.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=dickso000oko

What say you, Mets fans?

vCash
    Hell no.

vCash
    I'd deal him, but not for that. He has a lot more value being our back-up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I'd deal him, but not for that. He has a lot more value being our back-up.
    So, you are willing to go with Quintanilla at SS? You hate Q.

vCash

No. I'd rather have a utility middle infielder than a corner infield backup.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    I'd trade Tejada for a new shiny glove

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    So, you are willing to go with Quintanilla at SS? You hate Q.
    Anyone over Tejada
    One month into the season he will be worthless.
    I am confident in this

vCash
    It might be a great idea to trade Tejada if we had someone to take his place. But not for Dickson. We have better 1b (we have better 1b candidates in AA and AAA now - closer to the majors than Dickson). And he would only be expendable once our young 1bman Smith is ready. If Tovar was a better hitter and was ready or Cecchini looked like he had any chance of making it or Rosario was closer to the majors then maybe I trade Tejada - still not for Dickson though. As for Quintanilla - he will never be more than a backup middle infielder. I'm hoping that Flores shows he can play ss (at least once a week or so) and that he makes the team as the utility infielder (but gets lots of playing time spelling Murphy, Wright and Tejada). He just might end up taking Tejada or Murphy's job away this year. I believe once Flores gets his feet wet in the major leagues he'll be an impact player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    So, I've gotten involved in some pretty deep conversations regarding Ruben Tejada

I've talked myself into wanting him.

The Dodgers have a serious lack of depth in the infield. Chone Figgins looks like he has a decent shot of making the team, yeah, it's that bad.

Tejada would fill a pretty glaring need for a backup who can play SS.

I'm prepared to offer 1B O'Koyea Dickson

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=dickso000oko

What say you, Mets fans?
    If you have to talk yourself into wanting him... that is probably enough reason not to want him as the Mets starter

As for the second bolded statement....that is exactly what Tejada should be for the Mets.

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    I'd say no to Dickson and counter by asking for Joc Pederson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    If you have to talk yourself into wanting him... that is probably enough reason not to want him as the Mets starter
    First, the Dodgers and Mets are in completely different parts of the win curve
    Second, the Dodgers have a starting SS already - but may need a starting 2B

As for the second bolded statement....that is exactly what Tejada should be for the Mets.
    Disagree, due to point 1 above.

vCash
    You guys are crazy. Do you remember how brutal Omar Quintanilla was last year? Do you forget Ruben Tejada just turned 24 3 months ago? Do you forget how good he is defensively? Do you forget how he hit .290 over a full season in 2012 as a freakin' 22 year old? Yeah he sucked last year but he got injured early and never had the shot to get going. Ike has gone through 3 or 4 slumps as bad as Tejada's to start last year and people don't wanna give him away for nothing and people still believe in his potential, and hell he is gonna be 27 when the season starts. I would take Tejada over Q 1000 out of 1000 times. He still has potential and even only hitting .250 or so as an 8 hitter he'll be a huge upgrade ever what we had at SS last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash

Yes please no more mantequilla.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    You guys are crazy. Do you remember how brutal Omar Quintanilla was last year? Do you forget Ruben Tejada just turned 24 3 months ago? Do you forget how good he is defensively? Do you forget how he hit .290 over a full season in 2012 as a freakin' 22 year old? Yeah he sucked last year but he got injured early and never had the shot to get going. Ike has gone through 3 or 4 slumps as bad as Tejada's to start last year and people don't wanna give him away for nothing and people still believe in his potential, and hell he is gonna be 27 when the season starts. I would take Tejada over Q 1000 out of 1000 times. He still has potential and even only hitting .250 or so as an 8 hitter he'll be a huge upgrade ever what we had at SS last year
    I can't speak for the others, but I remember that he hit .284 in 2011 and .289 in 2012. I also remember that last year he came into camp overweight and out of shape because he took for granted the fact that he's a major league starting SS.

I know what he's capable of. I also know that he's lazy and doesn't seem to care about his conditioning. He bailed on Reyes last winter, so yeah, I have proof.

Tejada needs to win back the faith of fans and Mets management. He lost his right to benefit of the doubt by his own actions.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yes please no more mantequilla.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sRVVxhYabo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast