Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Deron Williams is Washed Up

This guys handle is beyond sloppy now hes a turnover machine it may be time to cut ties with this guy before its too late

vCash
    But he's our superstar. He's why other superstars will want to play in Brooklyn.

vCash
    He hasn't been good since going to the nets. I remember that first year, His assissts spiked but his shooting was woeful.
    2011-12 season was the same thing, but with the assists going down again.
    2012-13 was slightly better overall. It he started out horribly too.

Technically, he hasn't been a star since he last played for Sloan.

And I agree with you, he should be traded. I think he still has value. He's just not the superstar anyone thought he was (top3 pg)

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Wait? Value?!? He has ZERO value because of his contract.

Now I can't go as far as say he's washed up. You can honestly say his skills have decreased. But is that age? He's 29 1/2. Or is that injury? No one wants to use that as an excuse, but the guy has not been healthy since NJ. BUT, the Nets at least are in a position now, where if he goes down...the season isn't automatically lost.

Also, how do you figure cutting ties before it's too late? What is too late? He's not losing us games. We have a capable backup. Hell, he even came off the bench "for the team". Dealing him whether now or the off-season isn't going to help. At best to deal him, your getting crap contracts back...not high quality players. He signed a 5 year $100M contract in 2012. No one in their right mind is going to take the rest of that, especially now that he isn't playing like we all think he should. Plus he's been injury prone through his prime years so far.

This team is built for this year and next...that is it. Pierce is a UFA after 2014. Garnett is a UFA after 2015...but may just retire this year (like he wanted to last year). Lets assume both Garnett and Pierce are gone after this season. You keep DWILL, because the team is going to need star power to attract KD in 2016. Dealing Williams for the hell of it now destroys the player momentum the team has tried to build.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 02-01-2014 at 01:06 AM.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    Wait? Value?!? He has ZERO value because of his contract.

Now I can't go as far as say he's washed up. You can honestly say his skills have decreased. But is that age? He's 29 1/2. Or is that injury? No one wants to use that as an excuse, but the guy has not been healthy since NJ. BUT, the Nets at least are in a position now, where if he goes down...the season isn't automatically lost.

Also, how do you figure cutting ties before it's too late? What is too late? He's not losing us games. We have a capable backup. Hell, he even came off the bench "for the team". Dealing him whether now or the off-season isn't going to help. At best to deal him, your getting crap contracts back...not high quality players. He signed a 5 year $100M contract in 2012. No one in their right mind is going to take the rest of that, especially now that he isn't playing like we all think he should. Plus he's been injury prone through his prime years so far.

This team is built for this year and next...that is it. Pierce is a UFA after 2014. Garnett is a UFA after 2015...but may just retire this year (like he wanted to last year). Lets assume both Garnett and Pierce are gone after this season. You keep DWILL, because the team is going to need star power to attract KD in 2016. Dealing Williams for the hell of it now destroys the player momentum the team has tried to build.
    I would even take lin and asik for him Deron is that bad and hes hard to watch hes a horrible player now. He just pounds the ball and his handle is extremely sloppy now so he turns the ball over a ton. I think its in our best interest to get rid of his contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    I would even take lin and asik for him Deron is that bad and hes hard to watch hes a horrible player now. He just pounds the ball and his handle is extremely sloppy now so he turns the ball over a ton. I think its in our best interest to get rid of his contract
    Deron certainly contributed to his washed up status this evening. Not sure what is going on in his head.

vCash
    He just doesn't have it anymore in my opinion doesn't play hard and if he messes up hes pouting or has his head down isnt good for team morale. Everyone laughed when I said sign Dragic instead of Dwill

vCash
    Nets suck....they are old and tired and have no energy.....and worse of all have no future......
    Trading Deron Williams for,,,Asik and Lin.....would make the Nets much better...get rid of all the old guys with huge contract and Fire Knight he is a waste

vCash

Wink Nets players are untradable......

Who would want these guys ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NANDOKNICK View Post
    Nets suck....they are old and tired and have no energy.....and worse of all have no future......
    Trading Deron Williams for,,,Asik and Lin.....would make the Nets much better...get rid of all the old guys with huge contract and Fire Knight he is a waste
    Deron played pretty well this evening vs. Philly.

And why would you want Nets to fire their mascot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NANDOKNICK View Post
    Who would want these guys ??
    You sound like Kramer from Seinfeld in the episode where he goes to Jackie Chiles to sue the tobacco company.

"Look away, I'm hideous"

"Who could love me?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    Deron played pretty well this evening vs. Philly.

And why would you want Nets to fire their mascot.
    A lot of people play well vs Philly.

The truth is Deron Williams is shot. He's not the same PG and the only reason he's escaping criticism is b/c peeps in NYC don't really draw to this team emotionally, as there is not one player that makes them root for this team atleast publicly. Plain and simple Shaun Livingston and Jason Kidd's coaching is the reason the Nets are surviving w/ an underperforming PG like Deron Williams.

Who IMO, you're better off trading him before his ankles get to really lowering his trade value. I liken his body symptoms to an NFL running back, sooner or later when your ankles are limiting you, sooner or later you're going to be a part time player and not be who you use to be on any field of play.
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 02-04-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    A lot of people play well vs Philly.

The truth is Deron Williams is shot. He's not the same PG and the only reason he's escaping criticism is b/c peeps in NYC don't really draw to this team emotionally, as there is not one player that makes them root for this team atleast publicly. Plain and simple Shaun Livingston and Jason Kidd's coaching is the reason the Nets are surviving w/ an underperforming PG like Deron Williams.

Who IMO, you're better off trading him before his ankles get to really lowering his trade value. I liken his body symptoms to an NFL running back, sooner or later when your ankles are limiting you, sooner or later you're going to be a part time player and not be who you use to be on any field of play.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

vCash
    I can agree that from an injury standpoint that it is scary to imagine his future. However to say he is not producing or doesn't hold value to the team is crazy. Since 2014 he has been putting up 15.4pts on .469 FG% and .422 3P% - 2.7rb - 6.4Ast - 1.6St - 2.0TO. They are playing team ball with a lot of ball movement so I would expect his ast and his points to be low due to it being spread out. What impresses me is I think he is shooting a high % from the field and from beyond the arc. If we keep on moving the ball the way we have done a lot in 2014 we will get the ball to the open guy.

So many people are all hyped on Lin all of a sudden. Because he got a triple double his last game. He has been dealing with injuries too this year, but he is much more healthy overall than D-Will and that is as far as I will go. His last 10 games (D-Will has played 10games in 2014) has been something like this: 11.3Pts on .428FG and .267 3pts - 2.8rb - 5.0ast - 0.8st - 2.2TO

I don't think Williams is worth his contract. We just need someone to play team ball and I think they can do some damage in the playoff. There is no point in wrecking the little chemistry they have. The Nets have had 18 Starting lineups already.
    Ballin-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin-Shhhh View Post
    I can agree that from an injury standpoint that it is scary to imagine his future. However to say he is not producing or doesn't hold value to the team is crazy. Since 2014 he has been putting up 15.4pts on .469 FG% and .422 3P% - 2.7rb - 6.4Ast - 1.6St - 2.0TO. They are playing team ball with a lot of ball movement so I would expect his ast and his points to be low due to it being spread out. What impresses me is I think he is shooting a high % from the field and from beyond the arc. If we keep on moving the ball the way we have done a lot in 2014 we will get the ball to the open guy.

So many people are all hyped on Lin all of a sudden. Because he got a triple double his last game. He has been dealing with injuries too this year, but he is much more healthy overall than D-Will and that is as far as I will go. His last 10 games (D-Will has played 10games in 2014) has been something like this: 11.3Pts on .428FG and .267 3pts - 2.8rb - 5.0ast - 0.8st - 2.2TO

I don't think Williams is worth his contract. We just need someone to play team ball and I think they can do some damage in the playoff. There is no point in wrecking the little chemistry they have. The Nets have had 18 Starting lineups already.
    I guess you're free to have your own opinion, but i dont know how anyone can defend Dwill he plays with no heart or passion hes so washed up its unbelievable. He doesn't get enough hate from the media because no one cares about the Nets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast