Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan Fest 2014

vCash

Fan Fest 2014

So I'm going for the first time this year, any tips on things to check out or not check out? What time you should start lining up before? Anybody else going?

vCash
    Well if you're going for autographs you'll be in line for a looooong time and may only get in two lines, three if you're lucky. I'd suggest getting there early because there will be a long line just to enter the stadium. If you don't care about autographs I think you'd be able to do just about anything else you'd want.

vCash
    My wife & daughter are going, I'm working. I don't typically free events anyways, too much of a mad house for me.

vCash
    Haven't gone since the influx of bandwagon fans poured in. I think SFRush had good advice, you'll enjoy yourself if you aren't seeking autographs. When you get into an autograph line for someone that you want, chances are you won't get that person since players rotate.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Yup, it's a nightmare.

vCash
    My friend was in line for Lincecum, F. Sanchez, and Zito, but they cut off the line when he was less than 10 people to get to them and in comes Dunston, Gardner, and another coach. Needless to say he was pretty pissed.

vCash
    My wife got there around 10, had to wait 25 minuets just to get on the field. What a joke. In glad I didn't go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    My wife got there around 10, had to wait 25 minuets just to get on the field. What a joke. In glad I didn't go...
    That was her mistake. But ya, it is a joke. Too many bandwagoners. Ruins it for everyone.

vCash
    I guess it's her fault, if you want to look at it that way. Something's got to change with Fan Fest, it's a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I guess it's her fault, if you want to look at it that way. Something's got to change with Fan Fest, it's a joke.
    I didn't see if anyone did it this year, but I remember last year people camped out the night before. Like, really?

If they charged $5, even $10 and have all of it go to the Jr. Giants or Bryan Stow or something, I'd be fine with that. Could cut down on some of the crowd. I remember after 2010 they had to stagger people entering and even denied entrance because it was at capacity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I didn't see if anyone did it this year, but I remember last year people camped out the night before. Like, really?

If they charged $5, even $10 and have all of it go to the Jr. Giants or Bryan Stow or something, I'd be fine with that. Could cut down on some of the crowd.
    Agreed, the A's charge $10.

vCash
    Well, I was talking about two posts above how I didn't see if anyone lined up early, like the night before FanFest yet. I read LOLKNBRCALLERS and found it.

"Hi, Marty. I was the first person in line at fan fest. I was there at 3:00 in the afternoon yesterday."
    #LOSER

"This was the most magical fan fest of all for me."
    Riiiiiight...

So happy LOLKNBRCALLERS is back for the Giants season.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 02-01-2014 at 09:06 PM.

vCash
    Must be nice to have nothing to do, being able to get there almost 24 hrs early...

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    I went today and got there around 10 (drove from Northern California, 3 hours). Massive waste of time. Didn't see one player, didn't even get close enough for an autograph or picture, and I waited nearly an hour just to get on the damn field. I will never go to a fanfest again. Plus, the security/ushers just did what they want with their fingers up their *** not wanting to answer questions or even tell us what's going on. They stopped the line I was in and didn't bother to tell anyone.

vCash
    Ya that's unfortunate dude. Since you live that far away you have to get there early if you want an autograph unless you know someone in the city where you can crash for the night before, then it'd be more worth it. But these crowds are getting insane and aren't making it enjoyable anymore.

I don't know why ushers/security wouldn't answer questions. That's what they're there for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast