21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 23.81%
  • No

16 76.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Will the Anaheim Ducks win the cup

Simple question, will the ducks win the cup this season? Discuss.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    They have to get through the Leafs first.

But yes, they are my non-homer pick

vCash
    Nope I think Chicago or St Louis will beat them

vCash
    No. Would like to see the poll results lol
    "whoever started is a retarded" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    Nope. Getzlaf and Perry don't really have that extra gear in the playoffs. I would bet on the Hawks every time.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Nah the Bruins will

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Pittsburgh and Anaheim are the two best teams right now in their conference. However, Chicago and Boston are better built for the playoffs. If I had to use an education guess, I would say a rematch from the previous year.

Anaheim looks so great right now though. Should be interesting to see them as the regular season games trim down.

vCash

Will the Anaheim Ducks win the cup

I've always had a soft spot for Anaheim, being a sabres fan and they're playing for number one pick instead of a playoff spot, I'll be rooting for them, but agreed they still have a lot to prove getting through teams like Chicago and Boston
    SABRES METS COWBOYS

vCash
    Maybe the Presidents Trophy. Let's not forget that they were very good in the regular season a year ago also. They were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs by Detroit in seven games. Corey Perry had only 2 assist in the series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Maybe the Presidents Trophy. Let's not forget that they were very good in the regular season a year ago also. They were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs by Detroit in seven games. Corey Perry had only 2 assist in the series.
    Detroit was better than Toronto. Toronto nearly beat the East champs. Keep in mind Anaheim was doing better than Detroit before Abby knocked Lydman out of the playoffs with a hit from behind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Detroit was better than Toronto. Toronto nearly beat the East champs. Keep in mind Anaheim was doing better than Detroit before Abby knocked Lydman out of the playoffs with a hit from behind.
    Detroit was not better then Toronto. The leafs have the fire power to steal a series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Nope I think Chicago or St Louis will beat them
    St. Louis is a team built for the playoffs. They are looking good along with Chicago to come out of the West. No guarantee that it is those two, but they are looking good.

To me, Anaheim doesn't have enough balance for the playoffs. They don't have enough scoring top to bottom and they don't have enough defense top to bottom.

vCash
    I have the Blues as my favourite, but it's tight. When there are teams like Pitts, Boston Chicago etc. it's always better to take the field. So, no

vCash
    I have a hard time saying yes they will win the Cup right now but they might be the favorite as of right now. Anyways no matter how good they are they're one hot goaltender away from being put out in the first round like any team in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Detroit was not better then Toronto. The leafs have the fire power to steal a series.
    Actually Detroit was better than Toronto in the playoffs. The Wings had superior fire power actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    St. Louis is a team built for the playoffs. They are looking good along with Chicago to come out of the West. No guarantee that it is those two, but they are looking good.

To me, Anaheim doesn't have enough balance for the playoffs. They don't have enough scoring top to bottom and they don't have enough defense top to bottom.
    Apparently you haven't watched them much this season. Ryan Getzlaf has probably been the best player in the Western Conference at this point.

Perry and Getzlaf are in their primes, and are playing unreal hockey. Penner's that fringe player on the wing that fits in. But then you have:

Bonino at 40 points
    Cogliano at 31 points
    Perreault at 29 points
    Pamireri at 23 points
    Koivu at 22 points (40 GP)
    Selanne at 19 points (41 GP)
    Winnick at 21 points
    Silverberg at 15 points (29 GP)

None of those players are on line 1 either. That's all secondary scoring throughout the line-up. They've gotten that this season. Defense looks improved and goaltending has been absolutely solid. Those players are real fast too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast