Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will the ducks win it all

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 23.81%
  • No

    16 76.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County/Seattle
    Posts
    566
    vCash
    1500

    Will the Anaheim Ducks win the cup

    Simple question, will the ducks win the cup this season? Discuss.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    11,910
    vCash
    500
    They have to get through the Leafs first.



    But yes, they are my non-homer pick

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,022
    vCash
    1500
    Nope I think Chicago or St Louis will beat them

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,855
    vCash
    2563
    No. Would like to see the poll results lol
    "whoever started is a retarded" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    5,799
    vCash
    1500
    Nope. Getzlaf and Perry don't really have that extra gear in the playoffs. I would bet on the Hawks every time.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Quinnipiac University
    Posts
    2,972
    vCash
    1500
    Nah the Bruins will


    After Hours album out 4/29

    When you're having fun... Timeflies

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,230
    vCash
    1000
    Pittsburgh and Anaheim are the two best teams right now in their conference. However, Chicago and Boston are better built for the playoffs. If I had to use an education guess, I would say a rematch from the previous year.

    Anaheim looks so great right now though. Should be interesting to see them as the regular season games trim down.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    1,654
    vCash
    1500

    Will the Anaheim Ducks win the cup

    I've always had a soft spot for Anaheim, being a sabres fan and they're playing for number one pick instead of a playoff spot, I'll be rooting for them, but agreed they still have a lot to prove getting through teams like Chicago and Boston
    SABRES METS COWBOYS

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,092
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe the Presidents Trophy. Let's not forget that they were very good in the regular season a year ago also. They were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs by Detroit in seven games. Corey Perry had only 2 assist in the series.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,230
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Maybe the Presidents Trophy. Let's not forget that they were very good in the regular season a year ago also. They were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs by Detroit in seven games. Corey Perry had only 2 assist in the series.
    Detroit was better than Toronto. Toronto nearly beat the East champs. Keep in mind Anaheim was doing better than Detroit before Abby knocked Lydman out of the playoffs with a hit from behind.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Detroit was better than Toronto. Toronto nearly beat the East champs. Keep in mind Anaheim was doing better than Detroit before Abby knocked Lydman out of the playoffs with a hit from behind.
    Detroit was not better then Toronto. The leafs have the fire power to steal a series.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,039
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Nope I think Chicago or St Louis will beat them
    St. Louis is a team built for the playoffs. They are looking good along with Chicago to come out of the West. No guarantee that it is those two, but they are looking good.

    To me, Anaheim doesn't have enough balance for the playoffs. They don't have enough scoring top to bottom and they don't have enough defense top to bottom.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    3,406
    vCash
    1500
    I have the Blues as my favourite, but it's tight. When there are teams like Pitts, Boston Chicago etc. it's always better to take the field. So, no

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,493
    vCash
    1500
    I have a hard time saying yes they will win the Cup right now but they might be the favorite as of right now. Anyways no matter how good they are they're one hot goaltender away from being put out in the first round like any team in the playoffs.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,230
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Detroit was not better then Toronto. The leafs have the fire power to steal a series.
    Actually Detroit was better than Toronto in the playoffs. The Wings had superior fire power actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    St. Louis is a team built for the playoffs. They are looking good along with Chicago to come out of the West. No guarantee that it is those two, but they are looking good.

    To me, Anaheim doesn't have enough balance for the playoffs. They don't have enough scoring top to bottom and they don't have enough defense top to bottom.
    Apparently you haven't watched them much this season. Ryan Getzlaf has probably been the best player in the Western Conference at this point.

    Perry and Getzlaf are in their primes, and are playing unreal hockey. Penner's that fringe player on the wing that fits in. But then you have:

    Bonino at 40 points
    Cogliano at 31 points
    Perreault at 29 points
    Pamireri at 23 points
    Koivu at 22 points (40 GP)
    Selanne at 19 points (41 GP)
    Winnick at 21 points
    Silverberg at 15 points (29 GP)

    None of those players are on line 1 either. That's all secondary scoring throughout the line-up. They've gotten that this season. Defense looks improved and goaltending has been absolutely solid. Those players are real fast too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •