Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Transportation in the city (Off-Topic)

I just took a new position in which I will be managing Channels for a Hosted VoIP company in the Northeast.

I have traveled to NYC plenty for work in past, but usually rented a car...a pain in the *** but necessary as usually would end up in Jersey.

Looking for recommendations on best way to get around into downtown and surrounding areas coming in from JFK or LGA.

Appreciate everyones assistance...and sorry for being offtopic.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Subway is usually the easiest to get around town. It really depends on where downtown are trying to go. JFK is easier when it comes to connecting to public transportation. You can take a shuttle from there to one of the nearby subway stations. Be ready to purchase a MetroCard. Don't pay per ride. Try to get an unlimited pass if you can. Depends on how long you're going to be in town. A monthly unlimited saves you the most money.

Any specific questions?

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    ^Thanks NYFlightboy

So if I fly into JFK, what subways does one take to get into Midtown. All the options are what confuse me I suppose...I probably just need to invest time to look at the map

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    If you're going to Midtown the A or E would be your best bets. The J will take you downtown Manhattan. Worst case you can go to mta.info and use their trip planner to find the best route. Or google the address of destination and click on directions.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I just took a new position in which I will be managing Channels for a Hosted VoIP company in the Northeast.

I have traveled to NYC plenty for work in past, but usually rented a car...a pain in the *** but necessary as usually would end up in Jersey.

Looking for recommendations on best way to get around into downtown and surrounding areas coming in from JFK or LGA.

Appreciate everyones assistance...and sorry for being offtopic.
    Better to fly into Kennedy if you're taking public transportation. You'll need to take the airtrain from JFK to the A train.

Fron LGA, you'll have to take a bus to Jackson Heights, then get on the 7 train, and transfer to another train to get downtown.

There's an app called NYC Subway. It's free, and I recommend you download it. It will help you get around a lot easier.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu