Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

vCash

Trade Deadline

Three weeks until the trade deadline. Let's see if we can keep this thread to reported rumors from reliable sources and our thoughts on whether or not the rumored trade works for the Celtics. That is, leave your trade-machine fantasies for one of the other threads.

In my opinion, Bradley, Bass and Green are the 3 most likely to get traded. Chris Broussard concurs at least in part.

Chris Broussard - NBA - ESPN
    "In other Celtics news, Ainge is looking to clear as much cap room as soon as he can, so if he can find takers for Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green and Avery Bradley, they're gone."

Everyone would like to see Wallace moved, but it would take a "mega" deal in terms of salaries although not necessarily in terms of quality of players involved.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-31-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    Somewhat likely: Bass, Green (get them out, may have to pony up a pick if a returning player is interesting enough)
    Not as likely : Hump (hunting for a bad contract and a pick that makes sense)
    Possible: Rondo (few teams have a real need for a PG, a few owners are said to be enamoured. And one team has to move a resource - Detroit and may find a fit with us)
    Possible sign & trade: Bradley (as in the off season if they can extend him at decent money)

The big problem is most teams are sellers at this point and we don't have much to deal. Still a deal or two with less coming back would cement us in the bottom 5 records in the NBA (likely bottom 3) which has its own value and has to be added to the trade as a factor.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-31-2014 at 11:09 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    As of right now i imagine the only player the celtics dont want to trade is jared sullinger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    As of right now i imagine the only player the celtics dont want to trade is jared sullinger.
    I wouldn't say anyone is untouchable, but 3 players stand out to me that are about as close as it gets. Meaning a team would have to blow our doors off with an offer for Danny to bite.

Rajon Rondo - Although I think Danny wants to trade him, he's only going to trade him for a stars ransom. With Rondo still out of shape and in recovery mode, I can't see any offer before the offseason being "enough"

Jared Sullinger - Has looked fantastic this year as a sophomore. To pry him away we're getting a young All Star caliber player back.

Kelly Olynyk - Although he hasn't played great this season, he's been good. He's a rookie, and again, you'd have to blow our doors off to get Danny to give up on the rookie with a bright future.

Everyone else is fair game if we can get first round picks or salary relief in return.

City of Champions

vCash
    New York continues to dream of Rondo?

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/3...nicks-news.htm

Besides Rondo continuing to work his way back, the only way I see the Knicks acquiring him by trade is if a third and possibly fourth team is involved. The Knicks just don't have any assets to deal that DAnny would take, imo.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    A few teams seem to want Rondo badly enough to overpay. Sac and NYK among them. Fine. But expecting to get some rich package of young excellent player(s) back is simply not happening. More like Hardaway, some bodies and two picks.

For starters there is Rondo's salary which has to be partially matched. The gorilla in the room is Amare. Take him and deal back the expiring Hump with Rondo, you'll get Hardaway, and picks - maybe 3 #'1 - but in the future - like '17, '19, '21 so they can have their little run w/ Carmelo which will never result in a ring, but will result in us holding the mid term future of the Knicks in our hands - that's pretty potent.

Still rather get Monroe in a package for Rondo - or some young guys from Sac.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    New York continues to dream of Rondo?

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/3...nicks-news.htm

Besides Rondo continuing to work his way back, the only way I see the Knicks acquiring him by trade is if a third and possibly fourth team is involved. The Knicks just don't have any assets to deal that DAnny would take, imo.
    The only way I think it could work is the deal would have to be based around Hardaway and Shumpert coming here with a boatload of first round picks and 1 contract to make the numbers work (Stoudemire or Chandler) for Rondo and they would have to take on Wallace's contract.

That's the only way I can see it working without a third or fourth team.

To me, it would have to be:

Boston Gets:
    C Tyson Chandler
    PG Beno Udrih
    SG Tim Hardaway JR
    SF Iman Shumpert
    3 future first round picks

New York Gets:
    PG Rajon Rondo
    SF Gerald Wallace

I'd go for this if I'm Danny. We cut over $4 mil off the rest of the seasons contracts. You get 2 young pieces with upside (Hardaway & Shumpert), Udrih is an expiring and fills a PG void for this season. Chandler is a top center in this league and his contract runs 2 years. Basically and upgraded version of Asik who Danny's been after and a better contract for the player you're getting. He could be kept (doubtful) or his expiring is attractive after this season to bring in another piece. 3 future firsts will be nice when the Rondo/Anthony experiment fails miserably.

City of Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    The only way I think it could work is the deal would have to be based around Hardaway and Shumpert coming here with a boatload of first round picks and 1 contract to make the numbers work (Stoudemire or Chandler) for Rondo and they would have to take on Wallace's contract.

Boston Gets:
    C Tyson Chandler
    PG Beno Udrih
    SG Tim Hardaway JR
    SF Iman Shumpert

New York Gets:
    PG Rajon Rondo
    SF Gerald Wallace

I'd go for this if I'm Danny. We cut over $4 mil off the rest of the seasons contracts. You get 2 young pieces with upside (Hardaway & Shumpert), Udrih is an expiring and fills a PG void for this season. Chandler is a top center in this league and his contract runs 2 years. Basically and upgraded version of Asik who Danny's been after and a better contract for the player you're getting. He could be kept (doubtful) or his expiring is attractive after this season to bring in another piece. 3 future firsts will be nice when the Rondo/Anthony experiment fails miserably.
    New York doesn't have any first round picks until... 2017(?), I think.

That's why a 3rd and or 4th team would need to get involved.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    New York doesn't have any first round picks until... 2017(?), I think.

That's why a 3rd and or 4th team would need to get involved.
    They have their own 1st round in 15'...

I also think NY is an ideal trade partner because in the end they have no problem taking chances...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    http://bostonherald.com/sports/celti...agency_in_2015

He wants to be a Celtic... He is intrigued by free agency...

Everybody involved knows all the right things to say...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post

Boston Gets:
    C Tyson Chandler
    PG Beno Udrih
    SG Tim Hardaway JR
    SF Iman Shumpert

New York Gets:
    PG Rajon Rondo
    SF Gerald Wallace

I think NY is giving way too much in your scenario.

The days of Rondo fetching 3 1st rounders are long gone - that was in 2009-2010. Hardaway and Chandler are actually worthwhile so that largely counteracts Rondo right there, but then you want them to eat Wallace and give up 3 1's? Not happening.

For one thing Chandler and Stodimire are not equivalent. Chandler is more valuable in a deal - because he costs less and he's better. Chandler for Rondo head to head outside of the money isn't that uneven - we get one 1st.

An audacious but fairly even deal would be:

Hump, Rondo, Wallace, Bogans

for

Amare, Chandler, Shumpert, Hardaway, picks*

It works for NY because: they lose two huge boat anchors that expire next year to the tune of $36M. They get $17M that expires this year in Bogans and Hump. However they have to eat $10M back in Wallace that doesn't expire until the year after next. Overall that part of the deal favors them because they can score a big FA this off season to go with Rondo to keep Carmelo happy. They have to contend with Rondo getting a big extension, but its' NY, they'll figure it out.

Meanwhile it works for us because we got rid of Wallace, have two gigantic expirings next year when by the grace of some good drafting and trades by DA and some good coaching by Stevens we'll have a team on the way up (or maybe extend Chandler if he does well). We also get Rondo and his depleted injury ridden self out of here before we get hammered with an big extension for overrated goods. We also score a nice SG in Hardaway to complement Bradley who we will keep.
    1st
    The picks: Value wise C's give a late back for Hardaway, but get two mid/high picks for Rondo, and get a high #1 one for taking on those deals - that's net two - and they are as is - but we get the 3rd since we have to wait so long to get them '18, '20, '22. Nothing I wouldn't love more than scoping up 3 picks over a 5 year period with a team trying to win with Carmelo and Rondo as two of the top 3 players leading up to those drafts. D-I-S-F-U-N-C-T-I-O-N-A-L.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 02-01-2014 at 07:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    They have their own 1st round in 15'...

I also think NY is an ideal trade partner because in the end they have no problem taking chances...
    Isn't there a rule prohibiting trading away your 1st round pick in consecutive years? That would mean the first available 1st round pick the Knicks could trade would be 2018?
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    Isn't there a rule prohibiting trading away your 1st round pick in consecutive years? That would mean the first available 1st round pick the Knicks could trade would be 2018?
    Your correct... I forgot about the 14' pick for Melo... Stepien rule...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mbs3qqo

Boston gets Amare + Knicks 18' 1st and Suns 14' 1st from Minny...

NY gets Rondo, Okafor, Bass and Bogans...

Phoenix gets Chandler and Bradley...

-----------------------------------

C's get 1st rd picks for Rondo and AB...

Knicks get Rondo to entice Melo to stay...

Suns get Chandler and AB who can step in a help during a playoff push...

OR...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mpcdy9q

Boston gets Amare, NY's 18' 1st and Suns 14' 1st from Minny...

NY gets Rondo, Wallace, Okafor and Clips 15' 1st...

Phoenix gets Chandler and Bradley...

I just don't see any team including NY taking on Wallace right now...
    Last edited by Forever35; 01-31-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Some may say that NY should give the C's Hardaway Jr or Shump and IMO I'd rather pass and have another future 1st added if anything...

Reggie Lewis

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast