Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Bosh be on the All-Star team?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! He is better than the other options

23 44.23%
  • Sure... he's as good as the other options.

11 21.15%
  • No. Great player, but other guys are doing more this year.

18 34.62%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Should Chris Bosh be on the All-Star team?

First off, let me start by saying that Bosh is a great player. I'm not arguing against that. But is he having an All-Star season?

Right now he is averaging 16.7 points, and 6.7 rebounds on a very impressive .540 from the field (but when other teams are double-teaming LBJ and Wade, you are going to get some open shots).

Al Jefferson, on the other hand, is averaging almost 20/10 (19.3 points and 10.5 rebounds). He is also getting more blocks per game, and more assists with fewer turnover. Jefferson's addition to the Bobcats has helped them win as many game by the end of January as they won last year in the entire season (the Bobcats won only 21 games last year and are already at 20 wins this season).

The Detroit Pistons' Andre Drummond is not as offensively polished as Bosh, obviously, but his is the best rebounder in the league, out pacing Bosh 6 rebounds and only scoring 4 fewer points. Defensively there is no question who the better player is, and when it comes to field goal percentage, Drummond's .600 from the field is even more impressive than Bosh's .540.

The Pistons' Josh Smith is putting up far better defensive numbers, and passing numbers, though his rebounds are about even with Bosh and his FG% is obviously lower.

Marcin Gortat doesn't get as many looks at the ball, but he is one of many power forward or centers who are out-reboudning Bosh while handing out more assists and getting more blocks.

It wouldn't hurt to throw Thaddeous Young in the conversation here either, or even Spencer Hawes who is out-rebounding Bosh, and better than doubled Bosh's assist average, while also posting more blocks than Bosh.

Now, Bosh is certainly more deserving than some of these players, but at the same time, it seems pretty clear to me that coaches have just ignored the amazing season that Al Jefferson is having, and have no respect for the rebounding and defensive contributions of players like Drummond if they are going to give Bosh an All-Star spot ahead of them.

I understand the 'fans' vote for who they like, but the coaches should be a little better about their selections, instead of voting based on reputation.

Thoughts?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    The selection process is flawed IMO. I think they weigh star power when making these selections hence the more popular players usually make it. Doesn't bother me much though.

vCash
    The rebounding of Bosh is completely a joke without too much hesitation. He is rebounding like a SF rather then a C (where he is mostly used ).I would say any SF can challenge him in the rebounding column in a 5on 5game. Reasons are not that complicated. Firstly he is not suitable to play against the centers.Secondly his two buddies LBJ and Wade are just too good at rebounding. Both of them are flat out fighters who never doze off defensively.
    Put him back to Raptors or a bottom team like Bobcats and he can easily has 10 rebounds per game just like he did before landed in Miami.

Stay hungry, stay foolish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t_money25:27899300
    The selection process is flawed IMO. I think they weigh star power when making these selections hence the more popular players usually make it. Doesn't bother me much though.
    Yes they weigh the popularity more .after all, the NBA is all about business,which you have a stronger sense about it when you notice the trademark of NBA is accompanied by the word “entertainment ”.When you ask a child or a young teenager ,he may not have a clue who Jefferson is but he definitely recognizes the Heat Jersey and Bosh 's alien-like face. This is the charisma of big market and success. You want fame ?go to lakers, Bulls, knicks and so forth and the world will be amazed by your prowess and startles like “I didnt think he would be this good. Wow ”

vCash
    To answer your question, I think Bosh deserves it. Admittedly, he does regress statistically but it is just nothing more than his sacrifice to get championships rather than ageing ,complacent or slacking off.He tries his hardest to play his game.He kind of like swore to the media that he would rebound double digit. His clamor did elevate his morale significantly.You can not ignore that he is more confident and the fact that he could knock down clutch 3pt shots when the game was tied is a case in point. But I am not sure if his rebounding increased afterwards,probably just remained the same . He gradually accepts his role as a third riddle in this team which aims at building at a dynasty.
    As for his rebounding, there isnt really much we can do to help him. He has ceased growing his body apparently so do not expect him to jump higher. Just hoping Oden to free him up will be a rather more reasonable and advisible option. Lol hope Oden not disappoint him too much
    Last edited by Chrisclover; 01-31-2014 at 08:43 AM.

vCash
    The thread should be called "why is Wade on the all star team?". Fam voting aside coaches would've put him on the team. Guy is on the same schedule as justin verlander for crying outloud.
    don't talk, check out the resumè

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    The thread should be called "why is Wade on the all star team?". Fam voting aside coaches would've put him on the team. Guy is on the same schedule as justin verlander for crying outloud.
    Wade might have still been voted in by the coaches. If they put JJ in then I'm sure Wade could have made it.

vCash
    This one isn't as terrible as Joe Johnson, as Bosh still is a very good player and an excellent defender now in Miami (both him improving and the team system helps him), but I think they should've given his spot to Jefferson.

Jefferson is averaging 20-10, and has been able to merge with Charlotte's team defense too.
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    Drummond probably should've made it, probably over JJ, but any of those other guys above Bosh is pretty wrong.

vCash
    FWIW, Miami are +9.9 per 100 possessions with Bosh on the floor, and -2.2 per 100 possessions with him off, so let's not act like he's just riding on LBJ's coat tails. With him on they score about 5 points more, give up about 6 points less, and get about 2 more rebounds (all per 100 possessions).

You know, before someone accuses the coaches of having 'no respect for the rebounding and defensive contributions' of other players.

vCash
    Absolutely should be an All-Star! No one in the entire league sacrifices more for the team then him. Shows real character going from a 20-10 guy to a third option. Winning should be rewarded.

vCash
    They're pretty neck and neck, but Bosh is a better player. Jefferson's per game numbers might look better, but that's mainly because there's more volume to what he does. All things equal, Bosh is the player you'd much rather have. Bosh is far from the worst selection. He was one of my three reserve locks in the East
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Wade is one of the greatest, what can I say. lol

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Wade might have still been voted in by the coaches. If they put JJ in then I'm sure Wade could have made it.
    Learn to read before you react, damn you'd be a bad cornerback my man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Wade is one of the greatest, what can I say. lol
    Spare me

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast