Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Daryl Morey: Royce White Could Be Considered Worst First Round Pick Ever

Royce White has yet to appear in an NBA game and was called the "worst first round pick ever" by Daryl Morey.

Morey drafted White with the 16th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft for the Houston Rockets.

"I take some sort of pride in that you could argue that Royce White is the worst first-round pick ever," Morey said in an interview with season ticket holders.

White has struggled with an anxiety disorder and has expressed concerns with how the Rockets handled his condition.

White was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers in the offseason and subsequently released.

"He's the only one that never played a minute in the NBA that wasn't just a foreign guy staying in Europe," Morey said. "It just shows we swing for the fence."

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/6068/d...-asik-rockets/
    White responds via Twitter by retweeting that link from SportsCenter and retweeting a bunch of other hateful tweets

https://twitter.com/Highway_30

vCash
    I don't think it is. It was a mid first rounder in a weak draft. Those types of picks are hit and miss often. You have to see who was taken behind him to see if they really missed out. Right now the worst picks would be Bowie over Hakeem and Jordan and Oden over Durant.

vCash
    A little uncalled for if you ask me. To label a guy like that when he obviously has other issues not related to basketball, is unprofessional imo. He's a bust no doubt, but just say we missed on the pick, not he's 'the worst ever'.

Jimmy G.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBUU View Post
    A little uncalled for if you ask me. To label a guy like that when he obviously has other issues not related to basketball, is unprofessional imo. He's a bust no doubt, but just say we missed on the pick, not he's 'the worst ever'.
    yea that's kind of a cheap shot, surprised Morey would call him out like that. I read a lot of other GM"s have been put off by Morey's arrogance and that's why he hasn't been able to move Asik or Lin.

vCash
    I think it's fair game for Morey to take this shot. Royce to me seems like a con artist and really took Houston to the cleaners without intention of playing. He lied religiously throughout his season with the rockets, only showed up when they threatened to withhold pay, gained tons of weight, knocked up tons of women and just in general was a terrible human being.

In the end he costed Houston a ton (mid 1st rounder, cap space last year and had to give up assets just to get him off the books) and was a migraine all year for them.

vCash
    The only one to blame for this is Morey. His statement is a bit stupid considering he made the pick in the first place, but at least he acknowledged (sort of) that he f'd up on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    I don't think it is. It was a mid first rounder in a weak draft.
    that draft was far from weak.

vCash
    he's right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    I don't think it is. It was a mid first rounder in a weak draft. Those types of picks are hit and miss often. You have to see who was taken behind him to see if they really missed out. Right now the worst picks would be Bowie over Hakeem and Jordan and Oden over Durant.
    Hakeem was the first overall pick... Bowie was taken 2nd and Jordan 3rd.

vCash
    ^you're on thin ice spacolie

vCash
    Weird statement. He was the worst pick DM has made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBUU:27899953
    A little uncalled for if you ask me. To label a guy like that when he obviously has other issues not related to basketball, is unprofessional imo.
    This.

vCash
    I think we can all agree that Morey is a punk after this statement. Damn good at what he does, but this is unnecessary.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    i have no problem with this. i get he has issues. but he exploits the hell out of it. i dont know what white is going through but he comes off as a bit of a *****. why even enter into the draft if youre afraid to travel and have all these other concerns/ do you not know what playing in the nba entails? i mean there have been some bad picks whove never played. but i believe white ya is the first american do be choseen in the lottery and never play but i imagine he wouldnt have sucked. i wouldnt draft a player wiith his issues. ya its wrong. but i dont see it happening again. hes set the stage horribly for any future players with mental illness. well done
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    i have no problem with this. i get he has issues. but he exploits the hell out of it. i dont know what white is going through but he comes off as a bit of a *****. why even enter into the draft if youre afraid to travel and have all these other concerns/ do you not know what playing in the nba entails? i mean there have been some bad picks whove never played. but i believe white ya is the first american do be choseen in the lottery and never play but i imagine he wouldnt have sucked. i wouldnt draft a player wiith his issues. ya its wrong. but i dont see it happening again. hes set the stage horribly for any future players with mental illness. well done
    He wasn't selected in the lottery and don't you think if Morey had reservations against picking him in the first place that he should of just went ahead and NOT picked him. Top ten talent had already slid to #16 - maybe Morey should have done more research.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast