Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Joe Buck's failed Super Bowl promo is glorious

vCash
    Why do people hate Joe Buck so much.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSized View Post
    Better question is why don't people hate Joe Buck enough.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Better question is why don't people hate Joe Buck enough.
    No, I'm serious. Some people hate him but they can't even tell me why. I'm not a fan either but some people act like he rapes babies, eats then, rapes their mothers, then kills them in front of their husbands.

It's insane how seriously bad people can hate commentators.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    I've never understood this. My friends do it too, they have deep hatred for a number of announcers. I can honestly say who is announcing a game has had literally 0 effect on my enjoyment of said game.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I've never understood this. My friends do it too, they have deep hatred for a number of announcers. I can honestly say who is announcing a game has had literally 0 effect on my enjoyment of said game.
    It became this "in" thing and it just spread. It's just like universal but people don't even know why. All announcers I mean.

vCash
    No, I'm serious. Some people hate him but they can't even tell me why. I'm not a fan either but some people act like he rapes babies, eats then, rapes their mothers, then kills them in front of their husbands.

It's insane how seriously bad people can hate commentators.
    My problem is he's a play-by-play guy but talks so much and injects so much of his own opinion that the color commentators really have nothing to say.

And he's riding his dad's coattails who could be one of the greatest play-by-play guys ever.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    I don't like most commentators. Except Joe Tessitore. Joey T da GOAT.

vCash
    I didn't like Joe Buck in one game he announced this season. This is when I figured out who he was. Until that time I really didn't really care who was doing games. His absurd bias during the game was gagging. Now when he is announcing I listen for his bias just because he was sooo dreadful the one time. Once you have the reputation it makes the future works easier to criticize.
    Internet gamblers warning: Do NOT use Sports Interaction. They will steal your bankroll with hidden "administration fees" if you don't lose your money to them while betting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    An announcing crew can completely ruin the viewing experience for me, if it's a game I care about. It's a shame that I have to watch Dick Vitale games on mute because I just can't take that crap anymore (ditto for Jon Gruden).

On the flip side, there are some announcers that truly enhance the game. IMO these are mostly baseball announcers. As for Buck, he's not awful for a national audience play by play guy.

vCash
    He's better than Simms imo.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    I didn't like Joe Buck in one game he announced this season. This is when I figured out who he was. Until that time I really didn't really care who was doing games. His absurd bias during the game was gagging. Now when he is announcing I listen for his bias just because he was sooo dreadful the one time. Once you have the reputation it makes the future works easier to criticize.
    Once I had a fan from both teams text me during a game that buck hates their team and has such much bias against them....

It's in your heads. He's biased against everyone I guess lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    An announcing crew can completely ruin the viewing experience for me, if it's a game I care about. It's a shame that I have to watch Dick Vitale games on mute because I just can't take that crap anymore (ditto for Jon Gruden).

On the flip side, there are some announcers that truly enhance the game. IMO these are mostly baseball announcers. As for Buck, he's not awful for a national audience play by play guy.
    Love Jon Gruden. My favorite NFL announcer by far.

vCash
    A guy gave me a tip several years ago and I’ve been using it ever since.

Find your local radio station that covers the game, here in SD its Rock 105.3. Put on the game, mute the TV and listen to the radio coverage. It’s soooo much better. They give you the background on every player on the field, play by play, historical stuff, spot mistakes O & D and generally give you completely different more in-depth feel for the game.

I don’t even like to watch Dan Fouts cover Charger games as the station Anchor compromises anything he’d like to say. If you have good local radio coverage – try it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Love Jon Gruden. My favorite NFL announcer by far.
    A joke? Or do you really like listening him talk about how much each player loves to compete with their lean and supple athletic bodies?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast