Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who will be the #1 pick in the 2014 NBA draft

I know that the NBA draft is 5 months away or so but I wanted to see what your opinions were about the topic. I know this also depends upon what team gets the #1 pick.. But as of now who would you pick as the #1 pick in the 2014 NBA draft?
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; 01-30-2014 at 05:23 PM.

vCash
    Wiggins
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Wiggins has the potential definitely..

vCash
    I'll be honest I've been disappointed with Wiggins so far. I'd say Jabari Parker.

I know Wiggins has monster potential but I haven't seen it consitently yet.

Like you said, it depends on the team but you could make a case for a few players ......Embid, Wiggins, Parker, or even Exum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    I'll be honest I've been disappointed with Wiggins so far. I'd say Jabari Parker.

I know Wiggins has monster potential but I haven't seen it consitently yet.
    But does that matter? He's an 18 year old. Who cares what he is NOW. What matters is what he'll be 3-4+ years from now.

I still think it should be Wiggins. I still think he has the most star potential. But I don't think you can go wrong with either him, Parker or Embiid.

vCash
    It all depends on who nominates. I'd go with Jabari followed by Embiid IF they both nominate. If they don't, Wiggins and Exum are in the mix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    But does that matter? He's an 18 year old. Who cares what he is NOW. What matters is what he'll be 3-4+ years from now.

I still think it should be Wiggins. I still think he has the most star potential. But I don't think you can go wrong with either him, Parker or Embiid.
    I understand your point, and as far as the Magic are concerned (I know your a fan too that's why I bring em up), I think Wiggins or Parker is this best fit.

I guess another concern I have with Wiggins is his lack of agressiveness at times on the offensive end. I don't know if it's just him trying to fit into Kansas system or what but I don't see that killer instinct at times.

vCash
    I see parker going #1. I see wiggins sliding undeservedly in the draft, but he'll have the greater pro career.

vCash
    Depends who has the #1 pick..

Bucks - Jabari Parker
    Orlando - Wiggins
    Philadelphia - Wiggins
    Boston - Embiid / Randle
    Utah - Randle
    Cavs -don't have a shot at it, but if it was the Cavs id expect a major stretch... say Doug McDermott ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    I see parker going #1. I see wiggins sliding undeservedly in the draft, but he'll have the greater pro career.
    How far do you see him dropping ? Because I can't see him slip past 5

vCash
    I'd go Embiid, then Wiggins, then parker although I've only seen 2 games of each. I really like what I've seen of embiid so far he already looks very good both offensively and defensively. Hasn't Embiid only been playing basketball for like 2-3 years too?

vCash
    way,way,way too early to have any real idea...though i'd say embiid(and maybe parker) has probably overtaken wiggins for now.but again,way too early to know,that can definitely change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahH View Post
    Depends who has the #1 pick..

Bucks - Jabari Parker
    Orlando - Wiggins
    Philadelphia - Wiggins
    Boston - Embiid / Randle
    Utah - Randle
    Cavs -don't have a shot at it, but if it was the Cavs id expect a major stretch... say Doug McDermott ?
    Nuggets - Wiggins
    Jerry West or Larry Bird? The discussion is over.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../birdje01.html

Part of the GOAT team: Chamberlain, Bird, Duncan, Durrant, Ewing, Gervin.
    http://bkref.com/tiny/JIHaF

vCash
    Parker or Embiid

vCash
    Wiggins and Embiid have the highest upside followed closely by Exum and Vonleh. All have the hyperprototypical physical tools at their positions, excellent size, elite athleticism long wingspans, the ability to shoot and score at the rim and to hit free throws. Those are my top 4 followed by Parker, Randle, Smart and Gordon.

Since Embiid and Wiggins have near equal upside as they both can be elite two way forces the player that stands out over the next 2 months and at the combine will earn the #1, the other will be #2. If Wiggins starts consistently dropping 20 ppg he will probably go #1. Might depend on who drafts him though.

I love Parker too and he will likely average 18+ ppg his rookie year and get ROY but the guy doesn't have the two way potential that some of these other guys do and at the end of the day defense is just as important. Randle has had a huge knock on his stock because of his defensive potential.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast