Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: The Big C

vCash

The Big C

Just a quick question. What in the **** has DMC ever done to truly deserve all the **** he gets for his reputation? What has he done in college or as a pro, or even high school for that matter?
    I want to know. Listening to other teams announcers you'd think he stabbed a baby or something. Is he really that messed up or are they just drinking the kool-aid?

vCash
    10 views for this thread and nobody has an answer? kind of what i thought. i really want to know.

vCash
    good Q...I honestly don't know. from as far as my knowledge, he just an emotional guy??

vCash
    how horrible... since when is being passionate/emotional a bad thing? any one else have a clue?

vCash
    DMC is just immature, who isn't at his age. He got snub for the all-star but knowing DMC, it will just burn his fire even hotter. Go out and dominate big man.

vCash
    so where does this notion of him being sooo volatile come from? as far as being immature goes i dont see it. what is he 23? 24? no criminal record, dui, or anything like that. in game things are just that, in game. even there i haven't seen him even shove some one in anger let alone take a swing. snubbed for all-stars and olympics with the quoted reasons being his rep/attitude. just bull excrement imo. i want to hear/see a valid reason for peoples reasoning. if there is one.

vCash
    It would be different if he played for the heat, Lakers, Celtics, etc. Then it would be called passion. DMC is the best c in the league. No other c can carry a team the way he does. Dwight Howard is good, but when he matches up against DMC Dwight is handled. Not all the time but MOST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Monkey View Post
    Just a quick question. What in the **** has DMC ever done to truly deserve all the **** he gets for his reputation? What has he done in college or as a pro, or even high school for that matter?
    I want to know. Listening to other teams announcers you'd think he stabbed a baby or something. Is he really that messed up or are they just drinking the kool-aid?
    It's mostly basketball related stuff I think. Obviously I'm not a primary source, but there's been reports of him berating players, coaches, fighting teammates. A good example is him fighting Donte Greene because Greene didn't pass him the ball in a late game situation a few years ago.

No criminal activity that I've heard about.

Here's a good article:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...k-and-loveable

His reputation dates back to high school and it's followed him since.
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 01-31-2014 at 12:08 AM.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    in other words he's done nothing but speak his mind....... what ever happened to organizations keeping things in house?

i've never seen/heard a player be bashed so much. even metta when his 1 yr. suspension was over people just said let it go. hell even that piece of bloody dog **** michael vick didnt get this much flack once his suspension was over. bonds, mcguire, canseco, shilling, clements, a-rod....... they all dont have this amount of bad rep still. year 3 in league and still ostracized. wtf. just pisses me off sorry.

Go Kings!!!

vCash
    in other words he's done nothing but speak his mind....... what ever happened to organizations keeping things in house?

i've never seen/heard a player be bashed so much. even metta when his 1 yr. suspension was over people just said let it go. hell even that piece of bloody dog **** michael vick didnt get this much flack once his suspension was over. bonds, mcguire, canseco, shilling, clements, a-rod....... they all dont have this amount of bad rep still. year 3 in league and still ostracized. wtf. just pisses me off sorry.

Go Kings!!!
    I don't get the whole "In other words he's don't nothing but speak his mind..." comment. Berating people and fighting is not speaking your mind. It is throwing a fit. It is detrimental conduct. It is cancerous to the locker room.

The people who I know still think that Cousins needs to buy in to the team. This means it's still an issue. These are people who are directly involved.

Also... having been a part of several events in which Cousins was been a part of. I can say that he did not accept his role as a marketing tool for the kings. Instead, he avoided any attention, and sulked in a corner. This would not be an issue, except for the fact that people were PAYING to see his appearance in these events. He was VERY unprofessional.

Now. I am a huge Cousins fan. From day one I thought he'd be an all star. I think he deserves to be an all star this year. And I think he will be an integral part of a championship team for us. As I've mentioned in other threads, I think we are playoff bound next year.

But... it doesn't change the fact that he needs to grow up. I don't blame him for that. He is young and it is tough to expect kids to act like adults.

Now... you seem really worked up about this. I actually think his "reputation" is subsiding some. But if you look at the root of the issue... it seems to come from people who are around him more often. So while you question organizations keeping things in house. I think the reality may be that many issues have been kept in house. You haven't heard all the things he does to warrant any negative reputation from his peers.

Doesn't it make sense that they would know better than you or I, since we don't work with him every day?

vCash
    sure, but i am speaking of the people (broadcasters mainly) that feel it is their duty to remind/tell people what a bad guy he is. berating teammates in the locker room is something to remain in house. and his rep was there beforehand. i just think it sucks and a little credit is due to deal with this stuff as well as his new role as FotF. and he gets none. especially when people like griffin (more techs) and james (taking money as amateur) are poster boys. i just still dont see the big deal.

vCash
    Boogie is this generation's Rasheed Wallace.

vCash
    sure, but i am speaking of the people (broadcasters mainly) that feel it is their duty to remind/tell people what a bad guy he is. berating teammates in the locker room is something to remain in house. and his rep was there beforehand. i just think it sucks and a little credit is due to deal with this stuff as well as his new role as FotF. and he gets none. especially when people like griffin (more techs) and james (taking money as amateur) are poster boys. i just still dont see the big deal.
    I don't get your 'remain in house' comment. Blame the people that report that not the broadcasters that cite those reports.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    just comparatively speaking to other players across all sport genres, every time i hear him talked about by other announcers or annalists, he is made out to be a horrible guy. i just dont get it. i still havent heard a valid reason to warrant the rep he has. at least it seems the refs are coming around a little. thats something. barkley, the old detroit teams, they are praised for the way they used to be. hard nosed and tough. you come inside and you get slammed. cousins would be suspended all the time for that stuff. the undeserved criticism and bad mouthing just annoys me. i dunno. im done i guess.

vCash
    Again, you say that you still haven't heard a good reason to warrant the rep. But, you say that most teams strive to keep things in house. So... they have probably kept the reasons in house.

Ask yourself this... if most of the people who work closely with the man are fed up with his attitude and behavior... then... isn't there probably good reason? Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And again, I think all he needs is time to outgrow most of these issues.