Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lakers call about Exum

http://lakerholicz.com/lakers-draft-...xum/2014/01/29

Today, a report out of Australia claims that the Lakers have already expressed interest in the 6’6″ point guard.

According to The Canberra Times, the Lakers reached out to three-time NBA champion Luc Longley to learn more about Exum.

”I got a call from the Lakers asking about him and they may end up with a good pick,” Longley said, who now serves as an assistant coach for the Australian national team. ”I’ve had a few calls from other NBA teams mostly asking about him, they see the skill package but these days they’re all concerned about character.”

”That will help push Dante further up the draft,” Longley said, who was a key role play for Phil Jackson’s Chicago Bulls during the 90s. “Because he’s the type of person they’d want to have in an organization.”

Laker fans should be encouraged that the purple and gold are doing their homework early on. The team is faced with the reality that they’ll likely have a top-10 pick or higher in June’s draft, so it makes sense to make as many calls and scouting trips as possible.

Despite the 18-year-old deciding to skip NCAA play, the Lakers will likely get to know Exum’s game extremely well with him being a Los Angeles-based client of Rob Pelinka, who also represents James Harden and Andre Iguodala, among others, as well as current Laker players Wesley Johnson and Chris Kaman.

vCash

Lakers call about Exum

So lakers have accepted to tank? Nioce

vCash
    Yes finally the Lakers accepted their fate

vCash
    No one is rushing back from injury, so the tank is rolling!

Exum would be nice. We need a good PG, but we need a good wing or center (Embiid, Parker, Wiggins)

vCash
    Sexum. Vroom!

vCash
    I'm glad you all caught that. LA front office knows it's gonna be in the top-5.

Embrace the tank! Start the due diligence now!

vCash
    Guys, I think the Lakers have embraced the tank since this off season. We only added minimum contract guys and kept Mike D. Mike D has executed the plan to perfection with his awful rotations and alienation of his best players. We are just catching up.

vCash
    I read Exum may be moved to the SG position once in the NBA.

vCash
    What about this Doug McDermott kid?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    I read Exum may be moved to the SG position once in the NBA.
    I don't think his shooting is consistent enough to be an SG. Plus he'd need to add some weight to match up against the bigger guys. But then again, wasn't Kobe ~180 coming out of HS?

vCash
    Didn't see the need for a new thread for this but apparently Kyrie is now asking to get out of Cleveland..

Irving
    Kobe
    Melo
    Love
    Doesn't Matter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Eye View Post
    I don't think his shooting is consistent enough to be an SG. Plus he'd need to add some weight to match up against the bigger guys. But then again, wasn't Kobe ~180 coming out of HS?
    I don't remember where I read that. I think I was reading some scouting reports on him. I guess there isn't much film on him to watch but many scouts believe he will become SG in the long term.

Needs to improve his shooting/accuracy. But attacks and drives inside hard.

He is only 18 So He will grow into his frame a bit more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm View Post
    Didn't see the need for a new thread for this but apparently Kyrie is now asking to get out of Cleveland..

Irving
    Kobe
    Melo
    Love
    Doesn't Matter
    http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumo...nd/2014/01/30/
    NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Privately Trying To Get Out Of Cleveland?

Before the season, many prognosticators pegged the Cleveland Cavaliers to be one of the surprise teams in the league. No one expected them to be serious contenders, but they were expected to be a playoff team in the Eastern Conference behind All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving.

Unfortunately, things did not go so well for the Cavs as they struggled getting out of the blocks this season. With frustration setting in, and chemistry low, the team decided to get rid of disgruntled center Andrew Bynum for former All-Star Luol Deng.

Things have yet to improve for the Cavs, and now there may be some panic setting in as ESPN’s Chad Ford reports that Irving is so frustrated with the state of the team that he wants out:

Something has to happen quick. Kyrie Irving has been telling people privately he wants out.

If the Cavs do start shopping Irving, there will be a line of teams looking to add the All-Star. Irving is one of the best young point guards in the game, and one of the league’s brightest new stars.

The Lakers will undoubtedly be linked to Irving as they have long been considered a possible destination for him. His contract runs out at the end of next season and with the Cavs looking to avoid another LeBron James situation, they will either do everything they can to appease him, or trade him for assets.

At this time the Lakers don’t have a number of trade assets to offer, but that could change going into next season when things are sure to heat up, especially if Irving continues to grumble in private. With Kevin Love a real possibility, and other young point guards being inquired about, the Lakers could be making a move soon.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    I don't remember where I read that. I think I was reading some scouting reports on him. I guess there isn't much film on him to watch but many scouts believe he will become SG in the long term.

Needs to improve his shooting/accuracy. But attacks and drives inside hard.

He is only 18 So He will grow into his frame a bit more.
    From watching his videos, I think the poor shooting form is due to him still struggling to adapt to his enormous length, he shoots it flat because he minimizes the shooting motion. Also he struggles a bit with shooting coming off of a dribble which shows that he's still unable to fully control his body yet.

vCash
    i guess we are rookie now..hahahaha!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast