Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cavs to be major players at the trade deadline, in an effort to keep Irving happy

Chad Ford (1:05 PM)

Virtually every GM in the league believes that Grant will be gone this summer if things don't get turned around this season. He doesn't have much time. The thinking is that there's no way Dan Gilbert is going to let him make another lottery pick if that's the direction the Cavs end up heading. Grant's goal (via his owner) is to get this team competitive and into the playoffs. The Deng move was supposed to help. But so far ... nothing. Chemistry is a major issue there and some of that is on Mike Brown. But more of it is on the collection of players in Cleveland at the moment. Something has to happen quick. Kyrie Irving has been telling people privately he wants out. Cleveland can't afford to lose him and LeBron. They know the urgency. I expect them to be major players at the deadline.
    I mean what could they do? Make a run at Gasol? I mean Gilbert really hasn't... I mean what can they realistically do?
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash

vCash
    Kyrie has his eyes on more than winning - there was an article a couple years back saying how he is one of the future "pitch men" for the NBA, the guy who has a knack for shining in commercials and all that. He has his eyes on global stardom not just winning. Can't knock the hustle. Build your brand home boy.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Don't blame Irving at all. How many picks after him have the Cavs whiffed on?

vCash
    ^^^ basically every single one. taking dion waiters over guys like drummond and barnes was a disgrace, taking thompson at 4, bennet #1, they failed big time. i still think he stays because of the money incentive but i wouldn't be shocked if he left.

vCash
    They will probably need to look for best offer for Kyrie. Unfortunately, they won't get fair value. I expect a panic trade from Gilbert/Grant as they try to keep Kyrie happy. Then it ultimately blowing up in their faces.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    ^^^ basically every single one. taking dion waiters over guys like drummond and barnes was a disgrace, taking thompson at 4, bennet #1, they failed big time. i still think he stays because of the money incentive but i wouldn't be shocked if he left.
    Waiters has outplayed Barnes thus far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Don't blame Irving at all. How many picks after him have the Cavs whiffed on?
    countless. Oh god they still have Anthony Bennett.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    I mean what could they do? Make a run at Gasol? I mean Gilbert really hasn't... I mean what can they realistically do?
    That ship has sailed... Varejao would have to be included (salary match) and Lakers would want at least a 1st round pick to get back to the negotiating table.

vCash
    Well find out soon enough if this is true. If he truly wants out he shouldn't sign the extension after his rookie contract is up take the Qualifying offer for 1 year and he can bounce. Than again this is espn so i wouldn't be surprised if its bull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    That's just so unfair. Whoever forced that kid to say that should be ashamed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    They will probably need to look for best offer for Kyrie. Unfortunately, they won't get fair value. I expect a panic trade from Gilbert/Grant as they try to keep Kyrie happy. Then it ultimately blowing up in their faces.
    The logical thing to do is package Tristan Thompson and Verajao, and go get Gasol or Monroe. You got one year to flip it around that's it.

vCash
    When? The first half of this season?

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    That ship has sailed... Varejao would have to be included (salary match) and Lakers would want at least a 1st round pick to get back to the negotiating table.
    I think they'd trade that pick. It's not like they are hitting on draft picks.

1st rd. pick, Waiters, Verajao and Thompson, I mean the Lakers would get young assets, they can waive Verajao.

vCash
    Yea no it's about almost even now because Iggy is messing with Barnes development

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast