Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1006
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    53,291
    vCash
    1500

    2014 Offseason thread 5.0

    4.0

    ...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,990
    vCash
    1500
    Is it sad that I went back and read the Julius Peppers and Brandon Marshall threads?

    The Marshall thread is epic, I remember it like yesterday. This place was going ****ing nuts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    Is it sad that I went back and read the Julius Peppers and Brandon Marshall threads?

    The Marshall thread is epic, I remember it like yesterday. This place was going ****ing nuts.
    Your post about trill retire was spot on



    our future

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    15,850
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/:27894475
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    Is it sad that I went back and read the Julius Peppers and Brandon Marshall threads?

    The Marshall thread is epic, I remember it like yesterday. This place was going ****ing nuts.
    Your post about trill retire was spot on
    I hope we sign him to a team friendly deal and draft a cb within the first 3 rounds.

    As far as retiring a bear, thay could just mean hell go elsewhere and then sign a 1 day contract imo.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
    Posts
    4,743
    vCash
    1500
    Would an off-season where the Bears bring in Spikes, Bennett and Whitner be completely unfeasible? Just a weird thought I had. It would bring a new starter and good veteran player to each level of the defense along with some "bad mood" players.

    I'm probably off my rocker. I'm just curious.

    BULLS PLAYOFF PUSH 2014!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbybear2290 View Post
    Would an off-season where the Bears bring in Spikes, Bennett and Whitner be completely unfeasible? Just a weird thought I had. It would bring a new starter and good veteran player to each level of the defense along with some "bad mood" players.

    I'm probably off my rocker. I'm just curious.
    It's possible



    our future

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    758
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbybear2290 View Post
    Would an off-season where the Bears bring in Spikes, Bennett and Whitner be completely unfeasible? Just a weird thought I had. It would bring a new starter and good veteran player to each level of the defense along with some "bad mood" players.

    I'm probably off my rocker. I'm just curious.

    I don't think it's possible even after cuts unless we so crazy stuff with cutlers contract. After cuts 2 out of 3 are possible though. As bad as whitners coverage is he would bring an intensity we sorely miss. All year I just couldn't help but hate how soft we were. Backups or not they had no ferocity.

    With Whitner you could even hopefully snag Jimmie ward in the 3rd or possibly deon bailey and have them battle it with conte.


    On another note I know Tillman had a rough year but id bet my bottom dollar he will be solid for a couple more years. I'd hate to lose him and watch him be in d player of the year conversations next year. I'm just hoping we can get him for like 2 for 6-8 mil. He is a gamer and helps so much in run support.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,048
    vCash
    1800
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbybear2290 View Post
    Would an off-season where the Bears bring in Spikes, Bennett and Whitner be completely unfeasible? Just a weird thought I had. It would bring a new starter and good veteran player to each level of the defense along with some "bad mood" players.

    I'm probably off my rocker. I'm just curious.
    It's possible but I wouldn't want Spikes.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,125
    vCash
    1500
    I really think Tillman will be back IF the Bears want him back.

    Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

    Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Milkyway
    Posts
    11,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I hope we sign him to a team friendly deal and draft a cb within the first 3 rounds.

    As far as retiring a bear, thay could just mean hell go elsewhere and then sign a 1 day contract imo.
    This

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Milkyway
    Posts
    11,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    I really think Tillman will be back IF the Bears want him back.
    Of course.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
    Posts
    4,743
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    It's possible but I wouldn't want Spikes.
    I can the see argument against Spikes. What is your personal reasoning for not wanting him?

    Would someone on a buy low contract but has had a lot of success in the past like jon Beason who I believe is a free agent also be better suited in your eyes?

    BULLS PLAYOFF PUSH 2014!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    758
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbybear2290 View Post
    I can the see argument against Spikes. What is your personal reasoning for not wanting him?

    Would someone on a buy low contract but has had a lot of success in the past like jon Beason who I believe is a free agent also be better suited in your eyes?
    I think beason will be a lot cheaper and is more of a 4-3 mlb than spikes although I do think spikes could handle the transition.

    Beason had a crap season but I still like him more than Williams but Williams already knows the system as the locker room and will be cheaper than both. I wouldnt mind beason though and would be pretty excited if they went after him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,990
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    I really think Tillman will be back IF the Bears want him back.
    Eh, I think it would have been done already. My guess is that the Bears are probably going to play more man coverage this year, which might not suit Tillman that well given his age and the increased amount of injuries that have taken a toll on him. I'm sure the Bears are expecting Tampa to make some sort of offer, and don't want to bid against themselves to overpay a player who while arguably one of the best corners in franchise history, is clearly on the downturn. Couple that with Phil saying that the Bears want to get younger on defense makes me believe there's a more than likely chance he plays elsewhere, but has the respect of the Bears organization enough to know he'll always be a Bear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
    Posts
    4,743
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJimmy View Post
    I think beason will be a lot cheaper and is more of a 4-3 mlb than spikes although I do think spikes could handle the transition.

    Beason had a crap season but I still like him more than Williams but Williams already knows the system as the locker room and will be cheaper than both. I wouldnt mind beason though and would be pretty excited if they went after him.
    I agree with knowing that he will probably be cheaper. But the knowing the defense is debatable, as is the locker room. There is going to be a lot of turnover especially on the defensive side of the ball. So I'm not too worried about that portion eihter.

    IDK i'm just eager to see free agency and what happens. The only FAs I truly want are Bennett and Whitner. But IDK how likely Whitner is at all. He's the #1 free agent target I would like to see, personally.

    BULLS PLAYOFF PUSH 2014!!

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •