Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Offseason thread 5.0

vCash
    Is it sad that I went back and read the Julius Peppers and Brandon Marshall threads?

The Marshall thread is epic, I remember it like yesterday. This place was going ****ing nuts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    Is it sad that I went back and read the Julius Peppers and Brandon Marshall threads?

The Marshall thread is epic, I remember it like yesterday. This place was going ****ing nuts.
    Your post about trill retire was spot on

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/:27894475
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post

Your post about trill retire was spot on
    I hope we sign him to a team friendly deal and draft a cb within the first 3 rounds.

As far as retiring a bear, thay could just mean hell go elsewhere and then sign a 1 day contract imo.

vCash
    Would an off-season where the Bears bring in Spikes, Bennett and Whitner be completely unfeasible? Just a weird thought I had. It would bring a new starter and good veteran player to each level of the defense along with some "bad mood" players.

I'm probably off my rocker. I'm just curious.

BULLS PLAYOFF PUSH 2014!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbybear2290 View Post
    Would an off-season where the Bears bring in Spikes, Bennett and Whitner be completely unfeasible? Just a weird thought I had. It would bring a new starter and good veteran player to each level of the defense along with some "bad mood" players.

It's possible

our future

vCash

I don't think it's possible even after cuts unless we so crazy stuff with cutlers contract. After cuts 2 out of 3 are possible though. As bad as whitners coverage is he would bring an intensity we sorely miss. All year I just couldn't help but hate how soft we were. Backups or not they had no ferocity.

With Whitner you could even hopefully snag Jimmie ward in the 3rd or possibly deon bailey and have them battle it with conte.

On another note I know Tillman had a rough year but id bet my bottom dollar he will be solid for a couple more years. I'd hate to lose him and watch him be in d player of the year conversations next year. I'm just hoping we can get him for like 2 for 6-8 mil. He is a gamer and helps so much in run support.

vCash

It's possible but I wouldn't want Spikes.

vCash
    I really think Tillman will be back IF the Bears want him back.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I hope we sign him to a team friendly deal and draft a cb within the first 3 rounds.

As far as retiring a bear, thay could just mean hell go elsewhere and then sign a 1 day contract imo.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    It's possible but I wouldn't want Spikes.
    I can the see argument against Spikes. What is your personal reasoning for not wanting him?

Would someone on a buy low contract but has had a lot of success in the past like jon Beason who I believe is a free agent also be better suited in your eyes?

vCash
    I can the see argument against Spikes. What is your personal reasoning for not wanting him?

Would someone on a buy low contract but has had a lot of success in the past like jon Beason who I believe is a free agent also be better suited in your eyes?
    I think beason will be a lot cheaper and is more of a 4-3 mlb than spikes although I do think spikes could handle the transition.

Beason had a crap season but I still like him more than Williams but Williams already knows the system as the locker room and will be cheaper than both. I wouldnt mind beason though and would be pretty excited if they went after him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Eh, I think it would have been done already. My guess is that the Bears are probably going to play more man coverage this year, which might not suit Tillman that well given his age and the increased amount of injuries that have taken a toll on him. I'm sure the Bears are expecting Tampa to make some sort of offer, and don't want to bid against themselves to overpay a player who while arguably one of the best corners in franchise history, is clearly on the downturn. Couple that with Phil saying that the Bears want to get younger on defense makes me believe there's a more than likely chance he plays elsewhere, but has the respect of the Bears organization enough to know he'll always be a Bear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJimmy View Post
    I think beason will be a lot cheaper and is more of a 4-3 mlb than spikes although I do think spikes could handle the transition.

Beason had a crap season but I still like him more than Williams but Williams already knows the system as the locker room and will be cheaper than both. I wouldnt mind beason though and would be pretty excited if they went after him.
    I agree with knowing that he will probably be cheaper. But the knowing the defense is debatable, as is the locker room. There is going to be a lot of turnover especially on the defensive side of the ball. So I'm not too worried about that portion eihter.

IDK i'm just eager to see free agency and what happens. The only FAs I truly want are Bennett and Whitner. But IDK how likely Whitner is at all. He's the #1 free agent target I would like to see, personally.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast