Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,710
    vCash
    1500

    Team chemistry for 2014?

    You never know until they play but I think the Yankees have a good mix this season. I just have a good feeling that they have a group that will have that confident, winning attitude. I like the attitude of the new acquisitions.

    There are some seasoned players that have pride who always want to perform. Some of them are new to the team and want to show they belong there. There are some who will be fighting to stay in the lineup and that is good too.

    And of course there is addition by subtraction with Arod, Joba and Hughes no longer around and that is on the list of good things that has happened this season!

    And it looks like we will have a real pitching staff!

    Go Yanks!
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,656
    vCash
    1500
    Chemistry is overrated.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,744
    vCash
    9155

    Team chemistry for 2014?

    I once dissected a frog in biology class. Biology>Chemistry

    RUDY

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    bring back swisher!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,367
    vCash
    1500
    Team Chemistry is almost as believable as "Intangibles"
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    You never know until they play
    That's because winning creates chemistry more than chemistry creates winning.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,879
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    You never know until they play but I think the Yankees have a good mix this season. I just have a good feeling that they have a group that will have that confident, winning attitude. I like the attitude of the new acquisitions.

    There are some seasoned players that have pride who always want to perform. Some of them are new to the team and want to show they belong there. There are some who will be fighting to stay in the lineup and that is good too.

    And of course there is addition by subtraction with Arod, Joba and Hughes no longer around and that is on the list of good things that has happened this season!

    And it looks like we will have a real pitching staff!

    Go Yanks!
    Be careful about talking about team Chemistry... If you need to know my meaning, ask the team Chemist.. A-Rod...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,536
    vCash
    1500
    I say this team has a 79.3 CH+. They have a decent gel factor of g0.9 and I can see that growing.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I say this team has a 79.3 CH+. They have a decent gel factor of g0.9 and I can see that growing.
    Iswudt

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,112
    vCash
    1500
    It is underrated and overrated, depending who you ask.

    Certainly not the most important factor, but anybody who tells me they can work with anyone at anytime and have it not affect their performance is full of ****.

    There are people who can bring your entire department down, or be a crucial piece to it.
    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees
    63-61



    G: 111 | AVG: .269 | HR: 3| RBI: 32| OBP: .319 | SLG: .322 | wOBA: .290 | wRC: 80

  11. 01-30-2014, 02:07 PM
    Reason
    Very nice but don't dodge the filter

  12. 01-30-2014, 04:38 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,710
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Be careful about talking about team Chemistry... If you need to know my meaning, ask the team Chemist.. A-Rod...
    Cervelli can always help out while Arod is away. He can always call Melky if he is not sure about something. Needle placement,etc. that kind of stuff.

    Remember the saying in professional sports, "Where there is a will, there is a steroid"!
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bedford Hills, NY
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not worried about the level of chemistry entering this season.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,772
    vCash
    1000
    Last I checked Bobby Valentine isn't our manager so team chemistry won't matter too much.

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,136
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    bring back swisher!
    And AJ!

    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I once dissected a frog in biology class. Biology>Chemistry
    So, I did a frog, cow eye, worm, owl pellet, squid, grasshopper, crayfish, perch, and pig fetus. So jd25213>goingfor28


    Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,744
    vCash
    9155
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    bring back swisher!
    And AJ!

    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I once dissected a frog in biology class. Biology>Chemistry
    So, I did a frog, cow eye, worm, owl pellet, squid, grasshopper, crayfish, perch, and pig fetus. So jd25213>goingfor28
    What the hell is an owl pellet lol

    RUDY

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •