21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team

17 80.95%
  • QB

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Complete Team or Top Qb?

If you had the choice between having a complete team or a top Qb which would you choose?

I've about had it with some of the 9er fans condoning paying Kap 15-20 million dollars and then say he'd be underpaid in a couple years.

Now would you rather have a complete team, and by that, solid defense, solid offense, solid special teams like the 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers are getting there, or would you rather have the Packers, Broncos, Bears (lol) Ravens, Cowboys situation where you have a top paid Qb but are hurting else where because, well lets face it, you can't afford anything else.

Just curious on some thoughts out there outside of 49er fans
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    It's so hard to answer not knowing where quality of any of it.

I generally say quarterback though.

vCash
    Give me the complete team.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's so hard to answer not knowing where quality of any of it.

I generally say quarterback though.
    Well in my instance, I'm talking about the 49ers. Top 3 defense, great special teams, and stellar offensive talent. I mean giving a Qb anywhere from a 13-16 million dollar pay increase, its going to hit hard either on the offensive line, receivers, or defense.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Well in my instance, I'm talking about the 49ers. Top 3 defense, great special teams, and stellar offensive talent. I mean giving a Qb anywhere from a 13-16 million dollar pay increase, its going to hit hard either on the offensive line, receivers, or defense.
    Good luck finding Russell Wilson. Lord knows if you have the next colt Mccoy you'd regret it

vCash
    Without question a complete team.

vCash
    Good luck finding Russell Wilson. Lord knows if you have the next colt Mccoy you'd regret it
    I really don't know. McCoy, Freeman, Ponder, Locker, Geno, Manuel have all been put in pretty bad situations. I'd like to see how any of them would pan out with a defense and running game like the 49ers and Seahawks. I mean Alex Smith succeeded with the 49ers once Harbaugh put it all together. 13-3 isn't anything to shake your head at. Alex is a middle of the road perhaps above average Qb, and he played just fine. I think 49ers would do fairly well with any of those Qb's listed with their run game, offensive line and defense.

vCash
    Peyton will shatter the complete team theory Sunday lol

vCash
    I brought this up in the 49er forum, Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks will be making 18-20 million next year. Which would be easier to replace? Kaepernick, or Bowman, Willis and Brooks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I really don't know. McCoy, Freeman, Ponder, Locker, Geno, Manuel have all been put in pretty bad situations. I'd like to see how any of them would pan out with a defense and running game like the 49ers and Seahawks. I mean Alex Smith succeeded with the 49ers once Harbaugh put it all together. 13-3 isn't anything to shake your head at. Alex is a middle of the road perhaps above average Qb, and he played just fine. I think 49ers would do fairly well with any of those Qb's listed with their run game, offensive line and defense.
    I see the theory but the better qb seems superior historically

vCash
    Peyton will shatter the complete team theory Sunday lol
    Broncos are a fairly unique situation. I mean Decker, Thomas, Welker, Thomas, behind that offensive line...Decker is going to get paid, both Thomas's as well. They are lucky at the moment.

And for the sake of it, Peyton better torch the **** out of them ****ers...

vCash
    No not really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    No not really.
    Well you are always wrong so that pretty much validates my point. Thanks.

vCash
    Brady won with a complete team, hasn't as the elite Qb. Put in the Giants complete teams against Brady as well. Peyton won because his defense went crazy in the playoffs. Big Ben and the Steelers defense...Brees and Rodgers do come to mind as being studs in the Super Bowl obviously.

vCash
    Well you are always wrong so that pretty much validates my point. Thanks.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast