Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Stanley Jean-Batiste

Cornerback- CB
    Hgt- 6'3
    Wgt- 215
    40x- 4.56

-Projected 2-3Rd-

STRENGTHS: Boasts excellent height and length for the position. Gets a strong initial jam to re-route receivers when playing press-man coverage. Often asked to play off-man principles, as well, showing the patience to allow receivers to get near him before beginning his turning motion. By doing so, Jean-Baptiste is able to sneak a peek toward the quarterback and break quickly on short and intermediate routes.

Uses his long arms and strong hands to bat away passes as they arrive, demonstrating good hand-eye coordination and leaping ability. Uses his long arms very effectively to rip free from blockers. Surprisingly fluid hips for a cornerback of his size. Capable of changing directions well to maintain close proximity to the receiver. Good ball skills, including the ability to extend and pluck outside of his frame.

WEAKNESSES: Not nearly as physical as his size would indicate, especially when tackling. Frequently relies on ducking his head and swiping at the legs of ballcarriers. Could be viewed by some as a potential safety convert but hasn't played this position before and will need to develop more physicality and reliability as an open-field tackler.

While fluid in changing directions, is susceptible to double-moves because he doesn't possess ideal initial burst and possesses just fair straight-line speed, overall.

COMPARES TO: Brandon Browner, Seattle Seahawks - Like Browner, Jean-Baptiste combines size, ball skills and surprising fluidity to intrigue as a super-sized cornerback. Browner only re-emerged as an NFL player in recent years, however, after languishing in the CFL in part due to a lack of straight-line speed inconsistent effectiveness as an open-field tackler. Should the light turn on for Jean-Baptiste, he could stick in the NFL. Without greater reliability as a tackler, however, his time in the league could be short.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED:27889435
    Cornerback- CB
    Hgt- 6'3
    Wgt- 215
    40x- 4.56

-Projected 2-3Rd-

STRENGTHS: Boasts excellent height and length for the position. Gets a strong initial jam to re-route receivers when playing press-man coverage. Often asked to play off-man principles, as well, showing the patience to allow receivers to get near him before beginning his turning motion. By doing so, Jean-Baptiste is able to sneak a peek toward the quarterback and break quickly on short and intermediate routes.

Uses his long arms and strong hands to bat away passes as they arrive, demonstrating good hand-eye coordination and leaping ability. Uses his long arms very effectively to rip free from blockers. Surprisingly fluid hips for a cornerback of his size. Capable of changing directions well to maintain close proximity to the receiver. Good ball skills, including the ability to extend and pluck outside of his frame.

WEAKNESSES: Not nearly as physical as his size would indicate, especially when tackling. Frequently relies on ducking his head and swiping at the legs of ballcarriers. Could be viewed by some as a potential safety convert but hasn't played this position before and will need to develop more physicality and reliability as an open-field tackler.

While fluid in changing directions, is susceptible to double-moves because he doesn't possess ideal initial burst and possesses just fair straight-line speed, overall.

COMPARES TO: Brandon Browner, Seattle Seahawks - Like Browner, Jean-Baptiste combines size, ball skills and surprising fluidity to intrigue as a super-sized cornerback. Browner only re-emerged as an NFL player in recent years, however, after languishing in the CFL in part due to a lack of straight-line speed inconsistent effectiveness as an open-field tackler. Should the light turn on for Jean-Baptiste, he could stick in the NFL. Without greater reliability as a tackler, however, his time in the league could be short.
    Do it Saints do it sounds good to me!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    He looked awesome at the Senior Bowl. Think I mentioned taking a lot of notes on him somewhere. When I start reviewing CB's tomorrow, I'm starting in the B1G. Looking forward to seeing him

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    BOOM!
    Welcome aboard SJB. WHO DAT!!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    Smack my btch up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoon696 View Post
    Smack my btch up
    Krazy!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I can't wait to see this kids growth under Champ Bailey.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I was so happy to see us get a big corner like him. With that vertical and length, I can't wait for him to disrupt some red zone catches and wave his finger like Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo!!! NOT IN MY HOUSE!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Very good pick, probably going to start for us opposite Lewis if everything is right. Having Champ as the 3rd Safety/ nickel CB is what is needed from him on the field.