Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Teixeira update (tightness)

Mark Teixeira told Daniel Barbarisi of the Wall Street Journal that he expects to feel some tightness in his surgically-repaired wrist until at least June and possibly through the whole season.
    Teixeira hasn't had any setbacks since surgery last July and has begun taking batting practice in recent weeks, but he still feels some tightness and doctors have told him that it will likely take a year for his wrist to feel back to normal. While the veteran first baseman vows to play through the expected tightness, it wouldn't be surprising if his power suffered. His situation is yet another question mark in the Yankees' infield. Jan 29 - 10:50 AM

Roto

vCash
    I think it was reported a couple weeks back that he was still feeling tightness. It seems nothing has changed.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    If he can play D at his normal high level and can hit for a better average, I can live with a dip in power.

Thanks JR!

vCash
    Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise and he tries to spray the ball again.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mantlefan07 View Post
    If he can play D at his normal high level and can hit for a better average, I can live with a dip in power.
    i would sign up for- .275-.280 with only 20-25 hrs
    Future Ace

vCash
    Fact of the matter is, the wrist tightness for him is less of an issue than for most.. As he is a switch hitter, it is most likely that it will affect him hitting in one box and not the other... all he really would have to do is abandon the other side for a while until the wrist is back to right.

I also switch hit, and I can tell you that a sore wrist on the bottom hand hurts like crazy most of the time... where the top hand is not anywhere near the problem....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Mark Teixeira told Daniel Barbarisi of the Wall Street Journal that he expects to feel some tightness in his surgically-repaired wrist until at least June and possibly through the whole season.
    Teixeira hasn't had any setbacks since surgery last July and has begun taking batting practice in recent weeks, but he still feels some tightness and doctors have told him that it will likely take a year for his wrist to feel back to normal. While the veteran first baseman vows to play through the expected tightness, it wouldn't be surprising if his power suffered. His situation is yet another question mark in the Yankees' infield. Jan 29 - 10:50 AM

Roto
    He can bunt more often.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    My question is: When the Yankees knew about this concern about Tex and the situation at third base how did they not resign Mark Reynolds. Reynolds could have played both positions (although not the greatest fielder) and provided possibly 25 / 30 HR's in the process. Hello Yankees, we have a problem and we let Reynolds go to Milwaukee on a Minor League deal. Just my opinion but bad judgement on Yankees part

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BE10sCoach View Post
    My question is: When the Yankees knew about this concern about Tex and the situation at third base how did they not resign Mark Reynolds. Reynolds could have played both positions (although not the greatest fielder) and provided possibly 25 / 30 HR's in the process. Hello Yankees, we have a problem and we let Reynolds go to Milwaukee on a Minor League deal. Just my opinion but bad judgement on Yankees part
    Agree 100%!

They are putting all of their chips on Jeter and Teix with no reasonable backups.....

Drew and Reynolds should have been signed IMO...

But Teix will still get that free pass for 2014 because of the severity of the injury...
    Nick

vCash
    i have a bad feelign tex wont make it thorugh the season
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i have a bad feelign tex wont make it thorugh the season
    I've got a bad feeling this is career ending.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    It's a shame cause Reynolds could have filled in at both corners and hit with power for us, we lose him on a minor league contract to Milwaukee, again, what's up with that, plus he's only about 30 and fit in well last year. Really would like to know why they made this seemingly poor decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BE10sCoach View Post
    It's a shame cause Reynolds could have filled in at both corners and hit with power for us, we lose him on a minor league contract to Milwaukee, again, what's up with that, plus he's only about 30 and fit in well last year. Really would like to know why they made this seemingly poor decision.
    Really? Reynolds is a strike-out machine... he may hit some long balls, but that's because he swings from his shoe-tops at every pitch... Never throw him a fastball, and he rarely can hit is out..for every ounce of defense he may add, and every ounce of HR's, he makes up for by the pound with a truckload of K's in the books.

There really are better options in A ball than this... There is a reason he's getting small contract offers...

Still, Tex being a switch hitter, can simply stay with one side if his wrist starts to bother him. That is an advantage that he has over other players who have had the same issue.

vCash
    I tried to look back and find the link but I was unable to find it, but earlier in the offseason the Yanks were talking about resigning Reynolds and it said he was unwilling to accept a minor league deal. That's why I was shocked when it came out he actually did sign one with the Brewers. Maybe he was angling for a major league deal b/c he knew ARod was prob. not going to play and Tex's wrist issue. But I definitely remember he said he wasn't going to sign a minor league deal. He ended up with one and now it looks like the Yanks should have signed him, but I believe they tried. I agree with one of the posts above, this may be a blessing. He may focus more now on hitting to all fields and improving his average. With the improved lineup he doesn't have to mash 40 HR's (even though that is always nice). This team can be more dangerous if it focuses on getting hits with RISP instead of always looking for the HR. That's how you win championships b/c pitching is too good in the playoffs to rely on the 3 run HR all the time. As long as he avoids long DL spells, he should be alright and can produce at a good level. A lot of pressure is off of him with the additions of McCann and Beltran, plus he will get a chance to hit with Soriano in the lineup, which he hasn't had the chance to do yet. Not worried to much at this point, hopefully he doesn't give us any reason to do so during the year either. But this will definitely come up if he starts slow as he usually does.

vCash
    teixeira is the corniest dude of all time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast