Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Free Agency Thread

starting this thread because of recent reports by mike jones that the skins are expected to pursue Talib again (along with D-hall as a priority)

who do you want to keep? who do you want to add? and who should we let walk?

ill start by saying we should resign Hall, Baker, and riley. orakpo is a big IF because i would rather not get involved into a bidding war

i would Love to add an OL and/or a S.. Michael Oher or Asamoah...Both would be inexpensive
    T.J ward, Nate Allen, Malcolm Jenkins.

i dont want to go crazy and spend a lot of money...it would not be smart

vCash
    TJ Ward would be a good option and wouldnt cost alot compared to byrd

vCash
    Id like to get tj ward too! He may cost some money though. hes put a couple of good years together. I love his attitude. i like alex mack at center too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh76 View Post
    Id like to get tj ward too! He may cost some money though. hes put a couple of good years together. I love his attitude. i like alex mack at center too.
    i think ward is a consensus around here..... thank god its not Talib cuz he's too pricey for my taste

vCash
    A few cheap players I think we should take a look at this offseason, all fill a position of need:

WR Kenny Britt- Off the field issues are a red flag, but he put together a few very good years.

WR Denario Alexander- May have spelled his name wrong, but this guy is huge, has played well in the past, and is young. Two ACLs are a huge red flag, but I think he can be signed for pennies

WR Jerome Simpson- fun to watch, tall, and has worked well with Gruden in the past. Also a cheap option. Think he could be a good weapon, not a #2 receiver though.

LG/RG Richie Incognito- My boy. I am 100% on Incognitos side of the Martin locker room debacle. Icognito is big, nasty, and can move okay for a big man. Not sure how many teams will put a bid in for him, but I cant imagine hed cost much. Imagin if Cyril Richardson was available at pick #34. Trent, Richardson, Mont/Lich, Incognito, (?) would be a pretty good, powerful line. Not sure who would play RT.

Gruden seems to have a good eye for receivers, much like Shannahan and RBs. I wouldnt expect for him to pay big money to a WR in free agency. He may look for a couple guys like the ones mentioned above. All have chips on their shoulders.

vCash
    Incognito is a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen. I don't want him.

vCash
    Yeah, but we already have those with Meriweather and Rambo so who cares.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Chris Chester is a 15 Yard sack injuring an already fragile qb waiting to happen..so theres that

vCash
    merriwether is set to be a FA.
    Incognito is the last thing we need right now...we want to avoid ANY kind of media attention...
    kenny britt and Denario Alexander are good, but i cant rely on either as a #2 WR because of injuries...

there is enough talent in the draft and FA that we have plenty of options... We only need to resign our own and add decent starter in FA to set ourselves up for a successful offseason. all the major concerns are taken care of already shanahan did that with the QB, #1WR, LT, Passrushers, and CBs' (assuming we resign hall and add a nickle). those are the needs that require high draftpicks or top-tier money...

i am not worried about RT, ILB, FS, #2 WR, or OG.. the highest paid guys at these positions make 8 mill a year TOPS...

vCash
    Posted this on the other forum, our FA's

Josh Morgan
    Santana Moss
    Josh Wilson
    Brian Orakpo
    Fred Davis
    E.J. Biggers
    Reed Doughty
    Perry Riley
    Chris Baker
    Brandon Meriweather
    DeAngelo Hall
    Bryan Kehl
    Dezmon Briscoe
    Darryl Tapp
    Rex Grossman
    Nick Barnett
    Rob Jackson
    Aldrick Robinson
    Jose Gumbs
    Doug Worthington
    Will Compton
    J.D. Walton

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Yeah, but we already have those with Meriweather and Rambo so who cares.
    So I'd rather not add another one to the other side of the ball.

vCash
    We don't even have a real coach. 15 yard penalties here and there are the least of my worries.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    We haven't had a real coach since like, 2001.

vCash
    Shanahan is a real coach. Snyder isn't a real owner.

vCash
    I think I've talked about this before on here, but I can't remember for sure, so I'm gonna bring it up anyways.

What do you guys think about bringing in a true nose tackle in free agency? Cofield has played about as well as anyone could hope at the nose, but it isn't his true position. As a true 3-tech defensive tackle, his skillset better suits the 5-tech in a 34 than a zero. Bringing in a guy like Soliai or Terrence Cody would allow us to slide Cofield over, and the defensive front would essentially be two players deeper by making one signing.

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast