Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rod Marinelli Promoted to Defensive Coordinator

The Cowboys have made it official that Rod Marinelli has been promoted to Defensive Coordinator and Monte Kiffin has been given the title of Assistant Head Coach/Defense. This change was sorely needed, Kiffin got outcoached this past year and Marinelli has a much more recent track record of success. I am definitely breathing easier with tis move I was terrified they were going to leave Kiffin as the DC for next year.

vCash
    Love what JJ is doing with the staff. No abrupt decisions. Smooth transitions for both Linehan and Marinelli. While keeping Garrett and allowing him to just be a HC.

vCash
    Some day, perhaps garrett will be done with his learning curve (he is being "taught" after all) and then the staff might have a chance at success

this move for marinelli, while I am good with it, is still a head-scratcher...he is the defensive coordinator and Kiffin gets a Asst HC job? interesting....more chaff from the FO....they just don't like to cut ties....like I said, I am fine with anything that brings some stability to the team, and keeping marinelli is a good step in that direction

vCash
    Woo maybe we'll go 9_7 this year.

vCash
    Nobody being fired means JJ doesn't have to admit to making a mistake.

vCash
    This the best news of the offseason so far. Which is not saying much!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21:27887380
    Woo maybe we'll go 9_7 this year.
    Lol...superbowl, here we come! No, Wait...

vCash
    We all clamored for a change at OC/play caller then when it happens you guys complain. Yes Linehan isn't a run first guy but his offenses have been top 6 for the last 3 seasons. And as far as Kiffen everybody wanted him fired but then when a move is made you guys say it's just Jerry refusing to admit he made a mistake. No it isn't. He couldn't have fired Kiffen and kept Marinelli that's been reported over and over again. And also with Callahan and Kiffen each having just one year left he can let them go after the season making a smooth transition to new coaches while still having the input of two guys who have a lot of experience. Great job Jerry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel816 View Post
    We all clamored for a change at OC/play caller then when it happens you guys complain. Yes Linehan isn't a run first guy but his offenses have been top 6 for the last 3 seasons. And as far as Kiffen everybody wanted him fired but then when a move is made you guys say it's just Jerry refusing to admit he made a mistake. No it isn't. He couldn't have fired Kiffen and kept Marinelli that's been reported over and over again. And also with Callahan and Kiffen each having just one year left he can let them go after the season making a smooth transition to new coaches while still having the input of two guys who have a lot of experience. Great job Jerry.

I agree with you 100%. I think it is funny when any thing bad happen it it Jerry's fault but when something good happens it is someone else or it is ignored. I am not saying Jerry is perfect but he should be given praise as well a flack for his decisions. IMO if Jerry did not want to admit his failure with hiring his coaches he would have not changed anything. he would have let Garrett go down with the ship and then he could hire new coached next year.
    Last edited by pacowboysfan; 01-29-2014 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    woo maybe we'll go 9_7 this year.

lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Some day, perhaps garrett will be done with his learning curve (he is being "taught" after all) and then the staff might have a chance at success

this move for marinelli, while I am good with it, is still a head-scratcher...he is the defensive coordinator and Kiffin gets a Asst HC job? interesting....more chaff from the FO....they just don't like to cut ties....like I said, I am fine with anything that brings some stability to the team, and keeping marinelli is a good step in that direction
    He probably just didn't want to blame anyone and he was like monte you rock so here's this title but let's change it up a bit. If we don't win the division everyone's gone anyways. I'm okay with this move I guess
    SABRES METS COWBOYS

vCash
    I am sure you read the recent quotes about Garrett still learning. I am so sick of that spin. I was thinking when I read this recently from Stephen that we being the Cowboys fans would like a coach that was actually fully ready to be a coach in the NFL.

It sickens me to know this is how they view him. He shouldn't be a head coach in the NFL, at this level, on this stage for this team if he needs a learning curve into year 4.

There are also rumors that they didn't let Callahan go because if JG doesn't succeed then the job will look more appealing to Gruden with Callahan in the fold.

vCash
    I personally have one more year of patience with Red left in me....if we go 8-8 (or worse), then I will start an internet campaign that will likely result in me eventually being placed in a straight-jacket mumbling to myself in the corner

vCash
    I personally have one more year of patience with Red left in me....if we go 8-8 (or worse), then I will start an internet campaign that will likely result in me eventually being placed in a straight-jacket mumbling to myself in the corner
    Jerry loves 8-8 records, expect a new contract extension for Garrett, shortly.

vCash
    This is a make or break year for the Garrett regime...either they progress (playoff games - plural), or they clean house of the HC & coordinators...there should only be those options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast