Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jays are back in Shark hunt.

“@TomLoxas: According to @MLBBruceLevine the #Jays are back in Shark hunt. Was just told #Mariners could be as well.”

“@MLBBruceLevine: Confirming Jays interest in Jeff Samardzija. @JonHeymanCBS . Cubs still trying to sign pitcher . Jays have been most aggressive team .”

vCash
    Blahhhh… I can't get into the trades any more. W/o Tanaka any current asset for prospects adds 2 more yrs to this never-ending rebuild for me. I mean the Cubs could have the entire Blue Jay farm system for shark and that means wait til 2020?

So naturally I wondered, which will come first: the cubs in a WS or the death of Barbara Walters. Sig bet anyone?

vCash
    How so much fun last series of rumors.. we decided we're going to do it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    @TomLoxas: According to @MLBBruceLevine the #Jays are back in Shark hunt. Was just told #Mariners could be as well.

@MLBBruceLevine: Confirming Jays interest in Jeff Samardzija. @JonHeymanCBS . Cubs still trying to sign pitcher . Jays have been most aggressive team .
    I'm hoping Heyman is right and they are trying to sign him. At this point, I am really hoping they sign him. They have the money and have to stop getting rid of anybody who is worth anything at some point.

I know Shark is sooooooooo tired of losing that you might have to chip in a bit more than the FO wanted, but at some point they have to realize their cost evaluations have to be adjusted. Plus, he can still be traded after he signs an extension.

vCash
    Kaplan got a scoop so the other boys jumped on anything they could

vCash
    Nothing will come of this.

/Just a hunch.

Tearing down Utopia, one brick at a time.

vCash
    Let's do another blockbuster Jays-

Samardzija+ Castro + Schierholtz+ Villanueva
    for
    Reyes+Rasmus (with extension)+Stroman+ Sanchez+Drabek

Then flip Reyes at the deadline if we want.... Or keep him. Either way. Put Rasmus in CF and Sweeney in RF until Bryant/Soler is ready.
    Last edited by huff; 01-28-2014 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    Aaron Sanchez, Daniel Norris, D.J. Davis, and a lottery ticket and he's theirs. Pay up Toronto.

vCash
    What could we get from the M's?

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    What could we get from the M's?
    Don't like em. Besides Walker, they don't have any arms or even a bat that could headline a deal. It would have to be quantity over quality with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TomLoxas View Post
    Don't like em. Besides Walker, they don't have any arms or even a bat that could headline a deal. It would have to be quantity over quality with them.
    Yea... Don't see much I would want besides walker..

vCash
    Are we just assuming Walker would be altogether off the table?

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Absolutely.

I'd imagine Ackley and Paxton would be popular names.

vCash
    You have to believe that if Shark is going to be dealt, that it would be the Blue Jays. They've been the most consistent team in terms of talks going back a while now, similar to how it was with the Rangers in the prior scenario with Garza. It's just going to be a matter of when the two teams can decide what the moving parts will be, but I fully expect Shark to be a Jay if not before the season starts then sometime in July. And of course Aaron Sanchez being the one guarantee coming back our way. As for who else, who knows as of now, but I'm already penciling Sanchez into the 2016 rotation.

vCash
    FWIW... Sickels' 2014 Blue Jays top 20 list: http://www.minorleagueball.com/2014/...pects-for-2014

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast