Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Anyone getting the vibe that Derek Carr could be first QB drafted?

I think once the teams go through the process he might give teams fewer reasons NOT to draft him, and kind of win the derby by default. Plus he as a very strong focus which will impress the interviewers. I get a feeling that he might become a high drafting team's favorite QB by draft day. Not first overall favorite, but top three or four maybe.

vCash
    No. He's not even a top 3 QB. Around 35-40 on most boards.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Those are fan and media boards though. We have no idea how he is viewed on team boards. Especially the teams that are at the top of the draft and looking for a QB. They don't pay attention to the public noise when they make a choice. Not much anyway. They kick it around between themselves and if there is a strong feeling within the staff, that is all it takes.

vCash
    It wouldn't surprise me but I don't think it will happen. Carr is interviewing real well right now. I think he should be a top 10 pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Those are fan and media boards though. We have no idea how he is viewed on team boards. Especially the teams that are at the top of the draft and looking for a QB. They don't pay attention to the public noise when they make a choice. Not much anyway. They kick it around between themselves and if there is a strong feeling within the staff, that is all it takes.
    The NFL guys I know have a decent enough gap between Bortles/Manzeil/Bridgewater and Carr. They said Carr isn't quite mobile enough, strong enough arm, or as smart as those top three. They said hard to justify any of the teams with a QB need taking Carr before those guys.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The NFL guys I know have a decent enough gap between Bortles/Manzeil/Bridgewater and Carr. They said Carr isn't quite mobile enough, strong enough arm, or as smart as those top three. They said hard to justify any of the teams with a QB need taking Carr before those guys.
    Wow, they got back to you quickly on that question.

vCash
    Wow, they got back to you quickly on that question.
    I've been asking these things for a while, that's why I didn't need to wait. Most of them like Carr, but don't love him. Most love the top 3.

Carr is that guy that does everything well, but nothing great. Johnny F/BB/Teddy F are all guys that do a lot of things well and do one great thing.

Johnny can run, BB is country strong, Teddy is deadly accurate. Those types of guys always go before the guy that just does it all well.

vCash
    Teddy Bridgewater gets selected as a left tackle before Carr is the first QB taken.

vCash
    I think Carr's "one thing great" might be his mental makeup. It's harder to factor in because it doesn't show itself as easily on the field. I'd say he might have the best arm and quickest release of the four as well. He should run the 40 as fast as Manziel, although he doesn't have the same natural athleticism.

vCash
    teddy wont be the first qb taken. neither will bortles. manziel or carr

teddy and bortles are overrated. ive been saying it all season

vCash
    Teddy aside, I think his arm talent more than the other QBs, but he looks straight up lost vs a good pass rush.

Fits the Air Coryell system pretty well, so if I was a Viking fan, I'd be worried about taking him at 8.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    There is an extra month to prod and probe these guys before the draft this year, I think. It's some time in May. It seems to me that the time from January to the draft is more about teams talking themselves out of a particular selection than the other way round. Carr seems like the "safe" pick among the group.

vCash
    There is an extra month to prod and probe these guys before the draft this year, I think. It's some time in May. It seems to me that the time from January to the draft is more about teams talking themselves out of a particular selection than the other way round. Carr seems like the "safe" pick among the group.
    You don't take a "safe" pick with the first overall. Especially with the new slotted pay. "Safe" players get picked later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You don't take a "safe" pick with the first overall. Especially with the new slotted pay. "Safe" players get picked later.
    I said first quarterback, not first pick overall. But probably in the top five. "Safe" can mean different things, but for the most part the safest choice in any situation is the best one. Teams with crying need at QB want a guy to step right in. Carr can do that and command older players. Probably better than anyone in recent memory coming out of the draft. He is just 22, but carries himself like a 30 year old at least.

vCash
    I said first quarterback, not first pick overall. But probably in the top five. "Safe" can mean different things, but for the most part the safest choice in any situation is the best one. Teams with crying need at QB want a guy to step right in. Carr can do that and command older players. Probably better than anyone in recent memory coming out of the draft. He is just 22, but carries himself like a 30 year old at least.

No he isn't. And no he can't.

999/1000 GMs would take Teddy, Johnny, or Blake over Carr.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast