Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2014 First round mock w/ Trades.

My first mock of the 2014 draft. Trades included. Marked by * before the number. Trades described below the draft.

*1. Cleveland Browns - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville. As much as Johnny Football would bring excitement Teddy is the better investment for them.
    2. Saint Louis Rams - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M. I'm not 100% convinced that Long can stay healthy at LT. Matthews can play at least RT in the mean time.
    *3. Atlanta Falcons - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina. Jump up a few spots to get the best pass rushers since Peppers.
    *4. Houston Texans - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M. Moving down wasn't so much about who they get, but the extra picks they get because of moving down.
    5. Oakland Raiders - Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo. Lot's of needs. Pressure on the QB might be the most important thing. As much as I wanted to give them a WR, it's a deep position, they can get a good one next round.
    *6. Jacksonville Jaguars: - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida. Still got their man and as a bonus got extra picks for Atlanta making sure they got their man.
    7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn. They were a solid team with a horrible coach. Really don't have many glaring needs, but injuries on the line have been a problem.
    8. Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA. They need the pass rush. Bad.
    9. Buffalo Bills - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson. They need firepower on the outside. Watkins does a lot to change things and helps EJ and Stevie.
    10. Detroit Lions - Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama. First reach, but secondary help is the biggest need in Detroit.
    11. Tennessee Titans - Timmy Jernigan, DT/DE, Florida State DLine is the most important part of changing to a 3-4
    12. New York Giants - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan They need to protect Eli. He's got no help on the line.
    13. Saint Louis Rams - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State They need DB help. Front 7 is strong, but that back 4 is a sieve.
    14. Chicago Bears - Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame DLine was a weakness. Especially DT depth. Nix goes a long way in changing that.
    15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M Ben finally bets the big WR he's been begging for and Brown gets someone that takes the pressure off him.
    16. Dallas Cowboys - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State Can we just pencil in CB in every Dallas draft?
    17. Baltimore Ravens - C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama Few need meets BPA picks.
    18. New York Jets - Marqise Lee, WR, USC Match that is perfect.
    19. Miami Dolphins - Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina They need to get Tannehill either protection or a security blanket. Ebron is the best value at this point.
    20. Arizona Cardnals - Cyrus Kouandijo, OT, Alabama They still need line help.
    21. Green Bay Packers - Stephen Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame With no other reliable DB help, DLine is the next best bet.
    *22. San Francisco 49ers - Ra'Shede Hageman, DE/DT, Minnesota Justin Smith isn't getting any younger and they have the luxury of making this move.
    23. Kansas City Chiefs - Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech Getting that last piece for the offense could make them really deadly. Even with Alex Smith as QB.
    24. Cincinnati Bengals - Kony Ealy, DE/OLB, Missouri Not many needs, why not add to the pass rush depth.
    25. San Diego Chargers - Scott Crichton, DE/OLB, Oregon State That defense needs help. Pass rush mostly.
    *26. Houston Texans - Zack Martin, G/OT, Notre Dame They need help on the right side of the line. This helps put a solid line together to protect Johnny Football.
    27. New Orleans Saints - Dee Ford, DE, Auburn Help add to the pass rush.
    28. Carolina Panthers - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU They need to get Cam some help on the outside. Steve Smith isn't going to be around for long, and they don't have much depth there.
    *29. Atlanta Falcons - David Yankey, G/OT, Stanford They almost get a steal here. But OLine is a huge need.
    *30. Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus Robinson, CB, Florida They needed Secondary help and get it here.
    31. Denver Broncos - Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida Champ is old, Harris is hurt, and DRC was a one year deal. They need CD help bad.
    32. Seattle Seahawks - Odell Beckham, WR, LSU He could be a game changer at WR, and paired with Baldwin and Harvin, they make a deadly trio.

Trades:
    Houston gets #4, #26, 2015 3rd rounder, and a 2015 6th rounder from Cleveland for Houston's #1
    Jacksonville gets #6, 2014 3rd rounder, and 2015 2nd rounder from Atlanta for #3
    Philadelphia gets #30, 2014 3rd rounder and 2015 2nd rounder from SF for #30 and a 2015 2nd rounder
    New England gets 2014 2nd rounder, 2015 3rd rounder, and 2015 4th rounder from Atlanta for #26
    Last edited by warfelg; 01-28-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Give the Eagles Calvin Pryor over Robinson. Pryor is the much better prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Give the Eagles Calvin Pryor over Robinson. Pryor is the much better prospect.
    If I went out to two rounds, I have the Eagles getting Pryor there. But I see CB as a slightly bigger need than S.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Jags going to give up a "once in 20 years" talent for a third round pick this year and a fourth next year? Caldwell and Dmitroff are still buddies but Dave gets paid by the Jaguars now, not the Falcons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Jags going to give up a "once in 20 years" talent for a third round pick this year and a fourth next year? Caldwell and Dmitroff are still buddies but Dave gets paid by the Jaguars now, not the Falcons.
    I can't see the Jags taking Clowney over a QB given how bad the need is. Just can't. And they are so bad why not move down and gain extra picks?
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    The Jags weren't last in the league in passing in 2013, but they were last in the league in pass rushing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    The Jags weren't last in the league in passing in 2013, but they were last in the league in pass rushing.
    You can address a lack of a pass rush via free agency. You can't try to find a franchise QB via free agency.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Well I think the Jaguars would be jogging to the podium with huge smiles on their faces if Clowney was sitting there at three, and not to announce a trade. Especially such a lame trade.

vCash
    jags will not pass on clowney if hes there. its simple. hes the best player in the draft by far.

there are many many qbs in the draft, carr is there in the second i would take him, mccarron and mettenberger also in the second. mett wouldve snuck into one if not injured. its a solid class at qb

you dont pass up the best player to come out in 10 years for a QB that is only being pushed up the boards because of one good season in a ****** conference. people hate on bridge for his comp. bortles faced the same d's teddy faced.

and the jags wont take bortles even at 25 if he was there.

vCash
    jags will take clowney or watkins. two best players in the draft or barr or mack. theyre not going to go qb in the first im willing o put large sums of money on it

vCash
    17. Baltimore Ravens - C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama Few need meets BPA picks

This is pretty bad to be honest. Love the prospect, but linebacker is the place we least need the help.

Ebron, Lee or Kouandijo are all better picks.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post

This is pretty bad to be honest. Love the prospect, but linebacker is the place we least need the help.

if you resign monroe (i would expect after giving up 4th and 5th) would you move cyrus to RT for oher or what?

i think ravens go wr to get some help i like lee or ebron like you said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    jags will take clowney or watkins. two best players in the draft or barr or mack. theyre not going to go qb in the first im willing o put large sums of money on it
    Like I said: Pass rushers can be found in FA and with later picks. You have a chance at what the FO thinks can be a franchise QB you take it.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post

Their MLB's were kinda bad last year. Being able to team up Mosley and Brown could reset the Ravens D for years to come....as much as it pains me to say it.

Plus with the depth at TE and WR, they can fill that out later in the draft. MLB is a weak spot in this draft.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    if you resign monroe (i would expect after giving up 4th and 5th) would you move cyrus to RT for oher or what?

i think ravens go wr to get some help i like lee or ebron like you said.
    Flacco sucks and needs perfect pockets, Oher sucks at everything. Invest it all in the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Like I said: Pass rushers can be found in FA and with later picks. You have a chance at what the FO thinks can be a franchise QB you take it.

Their MLB's were kinda bad last year. Being able to team up Mosley and Brown could reset the Ravens D for years to come....as much as it pains me to say it.

Plus with the depth at TE and WR, they can fill that out later in the draft. MLB is a weak spot in this draft.
    No, no they weren't. Daryl Smith, Bynes & Brown all had successful seasons. It's a severe luxury to replace Smith with Mosley when our track records at pulling LBs out of our *** is so successful (Hartwell, Scott, Ellerbe).

Flacco had his worst season last year, getting him protection and weapons is the priority.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast