My first mock of the 2014 draft. Trades included. Marked by * before the number. Trades described below the draft.
*1. Cleveland Browns - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville. As much as Johnny Football would bring excitement Teddy is the better investment for them.
2. Saint Louis Rams - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M. I'm not 100% convinced that Long can stay healthy at LT. Matthews can play at least RT in the mean time.
*3. Atlanta Falcons - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina. Jump up a few spots to get the best pass rushers since Peppers.
*4. Houston Texans - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M. Moving down wasn't so much about who they get, but the extra picks they get because of moving down.
5. Oakland Raiders - Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo. Lot's of needs. Pressure on the QB might be the most important thing. As much as I wanted to give them a WR, it's a deep position, they can get a good one next round.
*6. Jacksonville Jaguars: - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida. Still got their man and as a bonus got extra picks for Atlanta making sure they got their man.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn. They were a solid team with a horrible coach. Really don't have many glaring needs, but injuries on the line have been a problem.
8. Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA. They need the pass rush. Bad.
9. Buffalo Bills - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson. They need firepower on the outside. Watkins does a lot to change things and helps EJ and Stevie.
10. Detroit Lions - Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama. First reach, but secondary help is the biggest need in Detroit.
11. Tennessee Titans - Timmy Jernigan, DT/DE, Florida State DLine is the most important part of changing to a 3-4
12. New York Giants - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan They need to protect Eli. He's got no help on the line.
13. Saint Louis Rams - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State They need DB help. Front 7 is strong, but that back 4 is a sieve.
14. Chicago Bears - Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame DLine was a weakness. Especially DT depth. Nix goes a long way in changing that.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M Ben finally bets the big WR he's been begging for and Brown gets someone that takes the pressure off him.
16. Dallas Cowboys - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State Can we just pencil in CB in every Dallas draft?
17. Baltimore Ravens - C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama Few need meets BPA picks.
18. New York Jets - Marqise Lee, WR, USC Match that is perfect.
19. Miami Dolphins - Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina They need to get Tannehill either protection or a security blanket. Ebron is the best value at this point.
20. Arizona Cardnals - Cyrus Kouandijo, OT, Alabama They still need line help.
21. Green Bay Packers - Stephen Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame With no other reliable DB help, DLine is the next best bet.
*22. San Francisco 49ers - Ra'Shede Hageman, DE/DT, Minnesota Justin Smith isn't getting any younger and they have the luxury of making this move.
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech Getting that last piece for the offense could make them really deadly. Even with Alex Smith as QB.
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Kony Ealy, DE/OLB, Missouri Not many needs, why not add to the pass rush depth.
25. San Diego Chargers - Scott Crichton, DE/OLB, Oregon State That defense needs help. Pass rush mostly.
*26. Houston Texans - Zack Martin, G/OT, Notre Dame They need help on the right side of the line. This helps put a solid line together to protect Johnny Football.
27. New Orleans Saints - Dee Ford, DE, Auburn Help add to the pass rush.
28. Carolina Panthers - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU They need to get Cam some help on the outside. Steve Smith isn't going to be around for long, and they don't have much depth there.
*29. Atlanta Falcons - David Yankey, G/OT, Stanford They almost get a steal here. But OLine is a huge need.
*30. Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus Robinson, CB, Florida They needed Secondary help and get it here.
31. Denver Broncos - Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida Champ is old, Harris is hurt, and DRC was a one year deal. They need CD help bad.
32. Seattle Seahawks - Odell Beckham, WR, LSU He could be a game changer at WR, and paired with Baldwin and Harvin, they make a deadly trio.
Houston gets #4, #26, 2015 3rd rounder, and a 2015 6th rounder from Cleveland for Houston's #1
Jacksonville gets #6, 2014 3rd rounder, and 2015 2nd rounder from Atlanta for #3
Philadelphia gets #30, 2014 3rd rounder and 2015 2nd rounder from SF for #30 and a 2015 2nd rounder
New England gets 2014 2nd rounder, 2015 3rd rounder, and 2015 4th rounder from Atlanta for #26