Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Post Heat interested in Caron Butler?

Miami Heat trade rumors about Caron Butler came up Monday night on NBA Gametime (Jan. 27). These Miami Heat trade rumors were discussed by the hosts of the NBATV show as well as the broadcaster for the team. As reported by the Miami Herald early on Tuesday (Jan. 28), the rest that Dwyane Wade has to take during the season has forced the team to adjust its strategy.

With Chris Bosh and Shane Battier playing extended minutes lately, the team needs to add a wing defender that can help cover some of the minutes at shooting guard and small forward. This is why Butler's name has come to the forefront and with how horribly the Milwaukee Bucks have been playing, he looks to be very available heading toward the NBA trade deadline.

Butler is making $8 million in the final season of his current contract. He originally signed it with the LA Clippers, but the team traded him to the Phoenix Suns and then the Suns traded him to the Bucks this past offseason. It was a salary dump by the Suns and the Bucks only had to give up Viacheslav Kravtsov and Ishmael Smith. Now they could gain something by shuttling him to South Beach.

While these Miami Heat trade rumors seem to only stem from analysts watching the team closely, it might make perfect sense for the team. Caron Butler can help spread the floor on offense and he has the energy to be a key player on the defensive end. If Milwaukee doesn't ask for too much in return, he could add much-needed depth to the Heat roster down the stretch, especially if Wade and Battier have to start sitting out more games for another title run.

http://www.examiner.com/article/miam...for-miami-heat

Bogus..
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 01-28-2014 at 02:35 PM.

vCash
    After looking at the Heat salaries. Nothing near Butlers $8M. Mike Miller was kinda close but he's been amnestied. Haslem is $4.3M doubt they move him.

vCash
    If they don't get a draft pick out of it, whats the point for Milwaukee?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    If they don't get a draft pick out of it, whats the point for Milwaukee?
    My guess is that the two sides talked and leaked it in hopes that Butler would approach the Bucks about a buyout agreement that would save them a little bit of money so that he could have a chance to go win a championship with the Heat.

vCash
    I don't want to trade Caron Butler. Great veteran leader for us. He is okay with this process (of rebuilding). And he's an expiring contract that will probably come back to us for cheap in the offseason.

vCash
    I hope they keep him and he's with us next year. Although he was injured during that season, he does have a ring..and he seemed to be happy to be playing in Milw.

vCash
    I don't mind the idea of trading him to a contender to let him get another shot at a deep playoff run. However, I just don't see Miami as a match at all. I don't think there's any real way of putting a deal together where the Bucks don't get screwed. There's no piece that they'd be willing to trade that even comes close to matching Caron's contract, so we'd have to take like 3 guys back to get it done. It just doesn't make sense.

My guess is that the article has no real background to it. Its just some guy who thinks the Heat need a SG/SF type of player, saw Butler is a vet on a terrible team, and said a trade makes sense. Unless I'm looking at things wrong, I don't see any way it works out.

Also, if we could make it happen, I would try my hardest to get a future 1st rounder out of them. I haven't researched what they have for first rounders, but I would shoot for '15 or '16. I don't think Lebron leaves them, but if he does, that pick immediately becomes a very good pick. Worth a gamble if we are only trading an expiring. But like I said, I don't think it matches up at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't mind the idea of trading him to a contender to let him get another shot at a deep playoff run. However, I just don't see Miami as a match at all. I don't think there's any real way of putting a deal together where the Bucks don't get screwed. There's no piece that they'd be willing to trade that even comes close to matching Caron's contract, so we'd have to take like 3 guys back to get it done. It just doesn't make sense.

My guess is that the article has no real background to it. Its just some guy who thinks the Heat need a SG/SF type of player, saw Butler is a vet on a terrible team, and said a trade makes sense. Unless I'm looking at things wrong, I don't see any way it works out.

Also, if we could make it happen, I would try my hardest to get a future 1st rounder out of them. I haven't researched what they have for first rounders, but I would shoot for '15 or '16. I don't think Lebron leaves them, but if he does, that pick immediately becomes a very good pick. Worth a gamble if we are only trading an expiring. But like I said, I don't think it matches up at all.
    Yeah I jumped the gun when I hit "POST". Last paragraph says the announcers were discussing it as a idea. No real talks going on. But I already hit POST before I read last paragraph. The first paragraph sold me. Then was in a hurry to post it before I went offline. Then after reading it a couple times I was like"alllll mannn". I dropped the ball on this scoop.

vCash
    KC ‏@kc1nyk 12m
    Report: #Bucks SF-SG Caron Butler admires #Heat. #FreeAgency.

Expand
    Doubt the Bucks buyout Butler. Either let him expire or take on a contract and sweetener of a young asset included.

vCash
    Heat having interest in Butler makes 0 sense. The Heat's glaring issue this season has been their defense, they have the most efficient offense in the NBA. Butler is one of our worst players on defense, offering absolutely nothing on that end of the floor. This is just a case of another old all star wanting to join LeBron and company.
    Young Guns